Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dude you seemed really tanked and we were all wondering where you went when you left

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

not really that game related but i had a horrible nightmare in which i was choking after unexpectly trying to swallow a large plastic toy that was still inside its packaging

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plutonis are you the one who killed the burger king pokemon toy promotion

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream I was in Russia and visited this giant bridge that existed since imperial days. The other side had long broken down so it was left with a giant ramp that, according to my CIA travel guide, was used to send nobles plummeting to their deaths during the revolution. I didn't believe him but he then enthusiastically gave me a hand-labeled cd with a video game he made about sending nobles down a slide to their deaths. I didn't put it into a computer or anything the game just started and took over the dream. It looked and played like a bottom of the barrel chinese phone game you see wacky ads for but the agent was so eager he looked almost on the verge of tears, so I told him it was fun anyway because I didn't want to make him cry

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream I was in Russia and visited this giant bridge that existed since imperial days. The other side had long broken down so it was left with a giant ramp that, according to my CIA travel guide, was used to send nobles plummeting to their deaths during the revolution. I didn't believe him but he then enthusiastically gave me a hand-labeled cd with a video game he made about sending nobles down a slide to their deaths. I didn't put it into a computer or anything the game just started and took over the dream. It looked and played like a bottom of the barrel chinese phone game you see wacky ads for but the agent was so eager he looked almost on the verge of tears, so I told him it was fun anyway because I didn't want to make him cry

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dreamed I was a twitch streamer and I got sponsored by something called Tempest Whiskey, which swirled around in the bottle like it was in a storm, even getting lighter in places here and there. it looked really cool.
even after you poured it into the glass, it sloshed around and splashed the sides. my grandfather was very confused about how I was getting paid to play video games and I explained the sponsorship and showed him the whiskey. "nah, seems like a good way to get your drink up your nose," he said, and proceeded to pour himself a glass of Canadian Club. I sat there with my swirling whiskey feeling deflated.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

dreamed I was a twitch streamer and I got sponsored by something called Tempest Whiskey, which swirled around in the bottle like it was in a storm, even getting lighter in places here and there. it looked really cool.
even after you poured it into the glass, it sloshed around and splashed the sides. my grandfather was very confused about how I was getting paid to play video games and I explained the sponsorship and showed him the whiskey. "nah, seems like a good way to get your drink up your nose," he said, and proceeded to pour himself a glass of Canadian Club. I sat there with my swirling whiskey feeling deflated.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

lol. i wish tempest whiskey was real though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Talisker Storm is a deece single malt but it doesn't swirl or anything unfortunately.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

lol. i wish tempest whiskey was real though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I thought it was really cool in the dream but now that my grandfather's dream ghost made fun of it, I don't think I could drink it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No country for old imps

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i read all 47 pages of this thread in a couple days and it's incredible and has bled into my subconscious

i had a dream last night that i was at a large e3 style conference, specifically at a bar that was outside of/led to the 'main theater' of the venue. it was packed and we were all waiting to get into the theater and get seated for a hugely anticipated nintendo direct. there were several tvs in the bar playing trailers for games and other stuff like that to watch while we waited. in between every trailer, a video played where a female announcer would say, "and now, a word from the creator of mario, shigeru miyamoto." miyamoto walks on screen against a flat white background and says "hello, thank you for coming to my presentation. i hope you enjoy my presentation." then it just hangs on him quietly staring at the camera for nearly 10 seconds before cutting to black and moving to the next trailer. it would play in between every trailer, sometimes twice in a row. "hello, thank you for coming to my presentation. i hope you enjoy my presentation." after what felt like hours, the announcer started the miyamoto video with, "and now, the moment youve all been waiting for ..." and a musical fanfare played. and of course we all thought she was going to announce that the theater was open and ready to seat us for the direct. i'm hooting and hollering ready to have my mind blown by mario odyssey 2 or something. the announcer continued, "...a word from the creator of mario, shigeru miyamoto." shiggy comes back on screen like usual but this time he says "thank you for coming to my presentation, i hope you enjoyed my presentation. goodnight!" and gave a peace sign to the camera this time before it faded out. then all the lights came on in the bar and the announcer came back to say that the event was over and everyone needed to leave immediately. everyone was extremely pissed off and started breaking glasses and fighting event security. i was furious about the situation and woke up as i was walking back to my car to go home

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tmfc posted:

i read all 47 pages of this thread in a couple days and it's incredible and has bled into my subconscious

i had a dream last night that i was at a large e3 style conference, specifically at a bar that was outside of/led to the 'main theater' of the venue. it was packed and we were all waiting to get into the theater and get seated for a hugely anticipated nintendo direct. there were several tvs in the bar playing trailers for games and other stuff like that to watch while we waited. in between every trailer, a video played where a female announcer would say, "and now, a word from the creator of mario, shigeru miyamoto." miyamoto walks on screen against a flat white background and says "hello, thank you for coming to my presentation. i hope you enjoy my presentation." then it just hangs on him quietly staring at the camera for nearly 10 seconds before cutting to black and moving to the next trailer. it would play in between every trailer, sometimes twice in a row. "hello, thank you for coming to my presentation. i hope you enjoy my presentation." after what felt like hours, the announcer started the miyamoto video with, "and now, the moment youve all been waiting for ..." and a musical fanfare played. and of course we all thought she was going to announce that the theater was open and ready to seat us for the direct. i'm hooting and hollering ready to have my mind blown by mario odyssey 2 or something. the announcer continued, "...a word from the creator of mario, shigeru miyamoto." shiggy comes back on screen like usual but this time he says "thank you for coming to my presentation, i hope you enjoyed my presentation. goodnight!" and gave a peace sign to the camera this time before it faded out. then all the lights came on in the bar and the announcer came back to say that the event was over and everyone needed to leave immediately. everyone was extremely pissed off and started breaking glasses and fighting event security. i was furious about the situation and woke up as i was walking back to my car to go home

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tmfc posted:

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

big boss becoming a legendary soldier by submitting a kill count of 6.9 billion to amnesty international

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
dreamed that i was playing a 3d platformer where i had a gun and was jumping between floating clay blocks while the sitar riff from Suga Free's Why U Bullshittin played on a loop. I had an ak-47 in one hand but aiming was controlled totally separate from the rest of my body so it was really hard. anyway, there were enemies on some of the blocks who were 10 foot tall naked men with numbers carved into their foreheads, and id have to get right up next to them to shoot them. and when id do my execution id shoot them, then myself, then id pop back up like i was fine.

the final boss was a cage match with a gigantic 30 foot groundskeeper willie who would try to pick me up but he'd keep clipping through the ground and falling into nothing every time. when i woke up it took me like 5 minutes to remember my name and location lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Anyway merry Christmas

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ol yeller posted:

dreamed that i was playing a 3d platformer where i had a gun and was jumping between floating clay blocks while the sitar riff from Suga Free's Why U Bullshittin played on a loop. I had an ak-47 in one hand but aiming was controlled totally separate from the rest of my body so it was really hard. anyway, there were enemies on some of the blocks who were 10 foot tall naked men with numbers carved into their foreheads, and id have to get right up next to them to shoot them. and when id do my execution id shoot them, then myself, then id pop back up like i was fine.

the final boss was a cage match with a gigantic 30 foot groundskeeper willie who would try to pick me up but he'd keep clipping through the ground and falling into nothing every time. when i woke up it took me like 5 minutes to remember my name and location lol

lol wtf

ol yeller posted:

Anyway merry Christmas

merry impsmas ol yeller

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dreamed that I was invited to an Imp Meet at the New York Nintendo store and when I went there I found the Munchkins from Wizard of Oz and they sang "We represent the gaming guild, the gaming guild, the gaming guild."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

Dreamed that I was invited to an Imp Meet at the New York Nintendo store and when I went there I found the Munchkins from Wizard of Oz and they sang "We represent the gaming guild, the gaming guild, the gaming guild."

Bro that was just Larry.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro that was just Larry.

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro that was just Larry.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fell asleep watching Zeldathon and dreamed that I kept getting entangled in action thriller style situations where I have to kill or be killed by various legendary musicians in the rock n roll tradition - something like an amalgam of Tony Iommi/maybe John Lennon though? don’t ask how, and Jackson Parodi (from Zeldathon lol) was the latest before I woke up. We would get tired like they sometimes do in those movies (the battles are featureless in my memory and really prolonged somehow) but instead of laying on the floor monologuing we would take a break and get on my computer and play Zelda or quake or whatever and watch each other play and sometimes the other guys I battled would come in too and talk poo poo. We didn’t talk much about music because I don’t know a lot about it myself but when it was the part-Jackson guy he had musical opinions that I’ve heard Jackson share over 9 or whatever years of watching Zeldathon. Cheers all. 🍒 🎄

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Fell asleep watching Zeldathon and dreamed that I kept getting entangled in action thriller style situations where I have to kill or be killed by various legendary musicians in the rock n roll tradition - something like an amalgam of Tony Iommi/maybe John Lennon though? don’t ask how, and Jackson Parodi (from Zeldathon lol) was the latest before I woke up. We would get tired like they sometimes do in those movies (the battles are featureless in my memory and really prolonged somehow) but instead of laying on the floor monologuing we would take a break and get on my computer and play Zelda or quake or whatever and watch each other play and sometimes the other guys I battled would come in too and talk poo poo. We didn’t talk much about music because I don’t know a lot about it myself but when it was the part-Jackson guy he had musical opinions that I’ve heard Jackson share over 9 or whatever years of watching Zeldathon. Cheers all. 🍒 🎄

Lmao. Cheers wormskull :cheerdoge:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed that some new guy in the Imp Zone was posting in the RPG/awesome interactions of game thread with huge gifs comparing two (completely imaginary) scenes from Fallout 2 and Disco Elysium which were shot for the shot the same animation and everything; in Fallout 2 it was "Cassidy's field", where you find the recruitable NPC Cassidy tied up in his field and if you pick the wrong dialogue options or opt to kill him, the nuke he's connected to explodes and gives you a game over. Not sure what it was in Disco Elysium but the main part that was identical was the main character going through an animation of shooting the guy execution-style then a giant wave of fire consuming the screen.

In any case the new guy was just posting massive gifs of the two scenes, weirdly formatted and spaced out to ruin the page, and commenting under them "very clever!", "what a neat reference" and poo poo like that. Everyone was clowning on him and calling him an idiot because the DE scene being an homage to the Fallout one was common knowledge or so obvious it didn't need pointed out, but he kept missing the point and commenting the same stuff.

Eventually I tried my hand and posted "hey dude, are your posts Cassidy's field from Fallout 2, because being around them is hazardous to my health" (apparently you also take radiation damage in Cassidy's field). The new guy then responded "hey Larry, are your posts the dialogue options in Cassidy's field, because reading them gives me the overwhelming urge to loving kill myself and everyone around me just to feel something again"

Everyone started posting clips of like, the bit in a Western where the unknown cowboy in the corner of the bar suddenly guns down three bandits, or where a newcomer in the martial arts tournament defeats his opponents with ease and reveals himself to be Bruce Lee, and I woke up genuinely disoriented by my disastrous turn of fortune

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed that some new guy in the Imp Zone was posting in the RPG/awesome interactions of game thread with huge gifs comparing two (completely imaginary) scenes from Fallout 2 and Disco Elysium which were shot for the shot the same animation and everything; in Fallout 2 it was "Cassidy's field", where you find the recruitable NPC Cassidy tied up in his field and if you pick the wrong dialogue options or opt to kill him, the nuke he's connected to explodes and gives you a game over. Not sure what it was in Disco Elysium but the main part that was identical was the main character going through an animation of shooting the guy execution-style then a giant wave of fire consuming the screen.

In any case the new guy was just posting massive gifs of the two scenes, weirdly formatted and spaced out to ruin the page, and commenting under them "very clever!", "what a neat reference" and poo poo like that. Everyone was clowning on him and calling him an idiot because the DE scene being an homage to the Fallout one was common knowledge or so obvious it didn't need pointed out, but he kept missing the point and commenting the same stuff.

Eventually I tried my hand and posted "hey dude, are your posts Cassidy's field from Fallout 2, because being around them is hazardous to my health" (apparently you also take radiation damage in Cassidy's field). The new guy then responded "hey Larry, are your posts the dialogue options in Cassidy's field, because reading them gives me the overwhelming urge to loving kill myself and everyone around me just to feel something again"

Everyone started posting clips of like, the bit in a Western where the unknown cowboy in the corner of the bar suddenly guns down three bandits, or where a newcomer in the martial arts tournament defeats his opponents with ease and reveals himself to be Bruce Lee, and I woke up genuinely disoriented by my disastrous turn of fortune

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

;mao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Assassination of Lunchmeat Larry by the Coward Simply Simon

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

gently caress yeah lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted: