Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/ELPlethora/status/1479631302609494018?t=8tyWiTIPrrRUVn55HmeZkw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hell, I'd do the same.

Only difference is I'm gonna start shooting and win the drat thing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Carny knows no gender

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Thought this was the bad take thread.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
wrong thread

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The guy thinks what Mickie is doing is a bad thing. It's not a bad thing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The guy thinks what Mickie is doing is a bad thing. It's not a bad thing

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
https://twitter.com/tranquiloclubyt/status/1479997522982707203?s=21

Tranquil having a regular reaction to Battle of the Belts

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Drakkel posted:

it's a joke

https://twitter.com/TranquiloClubYT/status/1480005403165536264
https://twitter.com/TranquiloClubYT/status/1480043820641398785

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drakkel posted:

He's shitposting. The video about him being done with AEW is just Ryback eating flaming hot cheetos.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lmao if anyone thought the guy who makes dozens of videos praising everything AEW does would quit watching because of a Saturday special.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
https://twitter.com/supermohsenaew/status/1479840197122609164

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Stans think WWE is playing 4D chess when they're just throwing horseshoes at a dartboard.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
WWE doesn't care about AEW, but they've also got a half dozen Machiavellian schemes running at the same time to take them down.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE would have to grow Impact's viewership by about 900% so good luck with that

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

WWE would have to grow Impact's viewership by about 900% so good luck with that

Yeah, where are they going to find 81 more people to watch Impact?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Man I was fooled by that tranquil one tweet. Seems like I’ve seen him flip between AEW Stan and AEW Hate Account like 50 times and never caught on if it was a bit

Also the idea that WWE could propel Impact to second place when they couldn’t do that with their own show is a wildass take

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drakkel posted:

Man I was fooled by that tranquil one tweet. Seems like I’ve seen him flip between AEW Stan and AEW Hate Account like 50 times and never caught on if it was a bit

Also the idea that WWE could propel Impact to second place when they couldn’t do that with their own show is a wildass take

He only says he hates AEW when Riho loses.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Testekill posted:

He only says he hates AEW when Riho loses.

Hell, same.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Riho should win the AEW title and also the TBS title and also the FTW title cause she lives that FTW lifestyle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Riho should win the AEW title and also the TBS title and also the FTW title cause she lives that FTW lifestyle

The person that really lives the FTW lifestyle and should hold that belt is Fred Durst. I agree with the other parts though

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Riho would absolutely blow up a boat

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Riho would absolutely blow up a boat

Send her on the next Jericho cruise :twisted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

give riho an axe

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/rzzlks/what_is_the_kahn_family_doing_different_with_aew/

Incredible peabrain on display.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Already removed unfortunately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

The Jacksonville Jaguars has fans showing up today dressed in clown attire to protest the direction of the team. Fulham are currently fighting to be promoted back to the Premier League after being relegated last season (not sure how the fan base is feeling).

So I’m wondering out loud if there is anything the Kahns are doing differently with AEW compared to their NFL and English Football team.

Is a simple case that AEW isn’t a zero sum game (IE no matter what someone has to be the worst)? Are their struggles with the Jaguars a red flag for the long term prospects of AEW? Are they just better at installing people who know what they are doing with AEW?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Already removed

It was “why is the sport where they can predetermine every outcome for every event doing well when their other sports franchises where they actually have to be competitive to win anything are both poo poo”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I mean the Jaguars are run like poo poo for many reasons not related to their performance in games, the Khan’s hired an abusive coach who hired a known racist. That coach was recently fired, Tony tweets too much and it will gently caress him over if he continues, this is a guy who got so mad and so adamant that he doesn’t “wank dogs” that he allowed it to become a meme that he wanks dogs, Tony is better with wrestling but it doesn’t mean he isn’t trash at running a real sports organization, there’s objective truth in that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean the Jaguars are run like poo poo for many reasons not related to their performance in games, the Khan’s hired an abusive coach who hired a known racist. That coach was recently fired, Tony tweets too much and it will gently caress him over if he continues, this is a guy who got so mad and so adamant that he doesn’t “wank dogs” that he allowed it to become a meme that he wanks dogs, Tony is better with wrestling but it doesn’t mean he isn’t trash at running a real sports organization, there’s objective truth in that

All of their organizations are to some degree of a mess it's just that the bar is so low in wrestling. Tony revolutionized the industry with things like "don't be malicious towards employees".

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Jags suck because it is hard to have a winning football team.

His soccer team sucks because it is hard to have a winning football team.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did you know every year only one team wins the super bowl?

The rest of the teams don't win the super bowl

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If the Jaguars can take any guidance from AEW, it's to let an obsessive football message board nerd run the team

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fulham's always sucked, regardless how involved the Khans were.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"If Tony booked Fulham better he'd win the Barclay's EPL Premiere League" - some American plastic with a Brock Lesnar av and Man City banner.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Jags suck because it is hard to have a winning football team.

It's why good teams usually stay good for a very long time. Building a winning NFL franchise takes a lot of work and luck. With the PL, it takes insane hoards of cash just to stay up with the rising transfer fees and wages. On top of that you have to find players who are willing to play for your newly promoted side and not gently caress off when a better team comes calling (they won't). With the PL, your best case scenario is just sort of sticking around in the top division around the middle of the table. Maybe you qualify for the Europa League if you win a cup but that's basically your ceiling unless you get bought by an actual endless money bin. You have a better chance of building a championship team in the NFL but either way the deck is stacked against you.

With pro wrestling, there's a huge segment of the audience that was technically lapsed but still kind of around and just waiting for something better in the US. AEW was definitely the right people at the time but they by and large tell simple stories with very good wrestling which is all a good majority of their fanbase wants.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

"If Tony booked Fulham better he'd win the Barclay's EPL Premiere League" - some American plastic with a Brock Lesnar av and Man City banner.

You jest but I've had to roll my eyes at people who make that exact argument. If only TK was a Gulf state then Fulham could win the PL.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I don't know what the Premier League is and what being relegated means but from my experience every person that does is a certified freak.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

I don't know what the Premier League is and what being relegated means but from my experience every person that does is a certified freak.

The NFL would be greatly improved if the Jags could be relegated & replaced by the winner of Bama vs Georgia

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The NFL would be greatly improved if the Jags could be relegated & replaced by the winner of Bama vs Georgia

I also think it would be really funny to force Nick Saban to be an NFL coach again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
You just need a fatherly coach who can give inspirational speeches