Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

1. Biden is sending in the troops, again? to fix the surge caused by Omicron. The variant created this mess

2. Omicron has peaked and is over, back to work

:spidey:

lmao how the Sleepy Joe solution is sending in another 1000 soldiers against a problem that produced 1+ million new cases in a single day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Divorce Commander

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Louisgod posted:

listen pal, folks will be fine, and if anybody dies, it's because they weren't worth keeping alive

https://twitter.com/BrandonAmbro/status/1481310100602200071?s=20

i really am ashamed to say i didnt reflect on how loving sinister the lib line of “with the vaccine deaths will drop to flu levels so we can get back to normal!” really was

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

It was a warning about COVID!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

:hai:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Paradoxish posted:

I mean, the threat of COVID or any pandemic isn't that it literally spreads forever until everyone is dead so the obsession with "peaks" is insanely stupid in the first place

My understanding is that the traditional model in epidemiology was that a pathogen comes in, peaks, and then disappears into a reservoir, with a long interval before reemerging (if ever).

This is plainly not the case with covid, but somehow every peak is reported to be the last one, after which we’ll have Lasting Immunity and Covid Will Be Over.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

the "one million case" day was Jan 4, and we're only nine days away from that

the benchmarks are going to be Jan 18 at two weeks, and Jan 25 at three weeks
Jan 4 was an extra backlog day due to the holiday weekend, so it's not a great comparison day. On the days without extra backlog issues though, it's still going up week to week so...

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

All this water keeps seeping into my basement so I hired 10 extra goons to carry it away in buckets.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Also Trumo returning and winning the US presidency in 2024.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Louisgod posted:

listen pal, folks will be fine, and if anybody dies, it's because they weren't worth keeping alive

Writer. Tap dancer. Koosh ball collector. #Theology & #ethics @VillanovaU. Work in @bbc_future@politico@globeandmailetc. Trying to be a kind tweeter.

That good old Christian spirit. Let them all suffocate, Christ will know his own.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Trump 2024!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

etalian posted:

lmao how the Sleepy Joe solution is sending in another 1000 soldiers against a problem that produced 1+ million new cases in a single day.

The one sixth of one soldier at each hospital will be a huge relief.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Frosted Flake posted:

This is plainly not the case with covid, but somehow every peak is reported to be the last one, after which we’ll have Lasting Immunity and Covid Will Be Over.

This hasn't really been true with plenty of diseases. Just look at HIV and the flu. There was never any reason to expect COVID to behave like this.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

gradenko_2000 posted:

the "one million case" day was Jan 4, and we're only nine days away from that

the benchmarks are going to be Jan 18 at two weeks, and Jan 25 at three weeks
These are all just future comorbids, so not really humans actually. Please stop posting about non-human death numbers, it's just noise.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Yeah, but the flu is usually only like the 8th or 9th cause of death in the US and that's an acceptable number!

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

I'm ready for 86, but irl

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

This hasn't really been true with plenty of diseases. Just look at HIV and the flu. There was never any reason to expect COVID to behave like this.

wow doomer get therapy covid is over

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
covid is over

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

covid is my friend

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
If just hospitalized people wind up disabled at 1 in 5 that's one loving hell of a burden and like... that's the low end.

this is just insane. like insane. it's like an international campaign of everyone hooking up a sprayer to a septic tank full of polio feces and driving through town to get it over with.

and everyone outside a few places is eager for it. they're organizing parades! they're raising funds for tanks and sprayers! they're showering in the poo poo!

*screams into void*

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gio posted:

i really am ashamed to say i didnt reflect on how loving sinister the lib line of “with the vaccine deaths will drop to flu levels so we can get back to normal!” really was

what I didn't see coming was how emboldened NY art dealers, broadway tap dancers and failed pollsters would be with becoming overnight armchair virologists.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
me: wow, you know quite a bit about COVID and pandemics, what training do you have?
online covid expert: five years of modern dance, six years of tap.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
well all my local home depots are out of Aura’s after seeing 30 boxes in stock 2 days ago. luckily they have 43 cases available on the website for shipping so I ordered a case of 80

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/breakingmkts/status/1481652815239925761?s=21

Same, Joe.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Such as the Iraq.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has he considered maybe doing anything about it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He should ask the president to do something about all that

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The federal solution to covid is to say omicron caused this to happen

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He should ask the president to do something about all that

what year is it in Biden’s mush brains? who is president in there

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

icantfindaname posted:

The thing that makes me think failure to promote n95 masking is stupidity and not a rational thing in any way is that masking absolutely could be fit into a neoliberal personal responsibility framework. If you get sick then its your fault for not wearing a mask or not wearing it properly. It can be made into an out for the authorities so they don’t have to do anything more. But instead the initial response to masks was “stupid asian poo poo lol ching chong” because the elites are simply stupid loving reactionaries

Yep - a great example of how we could have done better within the framework of neoliberalism and a general lack of ability for an assertive federal response. They could highly recommend that people wear N95 or equivalent masks and run an ad campaign about their benefits but not actually require them. Doing that would be 100% within the lane of neoliberal government. It's a slam dunk that even University of Chicago economists would nod their head at. But nope, we can't even do that.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Buffer posted:

If just hospitalized people wind up disabled at 1 in 5 that's one loving hell of a burden and like... that's the low end.

this is just insane. like insane. it's like an international campaign of everyone hooking up a sprayer to a septic tank full of polio feces and driving through town to get it over with.

and everyone outside a few places is eager for it. they're organizing parades! they're raising funds for tanks and sprayers! they're showering in the poo poo!

*screams into void*

My office is still sending emails to give away sporting event tickets. People are just walking around in the halls coughing. There's about a half dozen out of the office this week with covid and absolutely no announcements. Pretty sure HR and leadership didn't even say the word covid once in the entire 2021 year.

Feel like the entire world is going insane and dragging us all to hell with them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

has he considered maybe doing anything about it

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1481654833199259649?s=20

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

KAMALA: Uh, if it is to be said, so it be, so it is.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I think one of my friends has this

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7052576446551756078

She got suicidal one night over it

Heyyo, I've got 2 of these preexisting conditions this person listed!

cool cool

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Covid, like my weight, is very much over.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

give me more money

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Great, we should see those sometime around July

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1481655140427857937

NYT writer dunking on the NYT for failing to point out Biden has done nothing yet :rubby:

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Strong Lori Lightfoot “This has gone on long enough and I can’t take it anymore” energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Louisgod posted:

lol Jesus Christ