Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

Now I'm in that cool spot where I'm paranoid I have it and am barely symptomatic because I can't tell if I feel mildly lovely because of my normal lifestyle or because of covid, and I don't want to spend my rapid tests and lol at finding a PCR test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

like how does a boat show work. a bunch of boat makers rent out a convention center, and convince people to pay an entry fee to hear a bunch of sales pitches on their day off?

boats and boating accessories with pretty ladies

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Platystemon posted:

Dang this person is really well‐prepared for the flu.

it is loving wild that in 2022 there are people out there still selling a random mish mash of 'herbal' and 'natural' remedies consisting of bulk vitamins and minerals that is totally that one weird trick cure all despite centuries of evidence to the contrary. And that plenty of people still eat it up.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

like how does a boat show work. a bunch of boat makers rent out a convention center, and convince people to pay an entry fee to hear a bunch of sales pitches on their day off?

you get a discount on your boat that costs what a house does at the boat show versus going to the boat dealer, that's probably the only real gimmick. That and get an idea of just how empty your wallet is

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Horseshoe theory posted:

We're all going to die someday, so therefore it is the natural order of things! *taps head*

spiritually cucked calvinist nation same as it ever was

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

it is loving wild that in 2022 there are people out there still selling a random mish mash of 'herbal' and 'natural' remedies consisting of bulk vitamins and minerals that is totally that one weird trick cure all despite centuries of evidence to the contrary. And that plenty of people still eat it up.

Vitamin d is still good right? Is it possible to buy pills smaller than 2000iud?

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004
Does anyone have the link to one of the people who invented rapid tests replying to the FDA tweet saying not to do throat swabs?

garashir fanfic
Oct 22, 2020

Title Text
Anyone else missing an order from Bonafide Masks? I ordered around Christmas and got a shipping notification around new years but it never showed up and when I checked the tracking number the post office says they never even received the package. Sent them an email a few days ago after I noticed but haven't gotten a response

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this game owned

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

icantfindaname posted:

Now I'm in that cool spot where I'm paranoid I have it and am barely symptomatic because I can't tell if I feel mildly lovely because of my normal lifestyle or because of covid, and I don't want to spend my rapid tests and lol at finding a PCR test

I'm frequently in this cool spot. We can't all be Matty's with as many tests as Elaine had sponges.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

garashir fanfic posted:

Anyone else missing an order from Bonafide Masks? I ordered around Christmas and got a shipping notification around new years but it never showed up and when I checked the tracking number the post office says they never even received the package. Sent them an email a few days ago after I noticed but haven't gotten a response

Maybe a casualty of the new california train heist crews

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
My idiot city still has same day pcr everywhere, how did we get this right, our only other big anti covid measure was curfews bc the mayor got so used to hitting that button during the protests that she convinced herself the virus was nocturnal

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a loathsome bird posted:

Does anyone have the link to one of the people who invented rapid tests replying to the FDA tweet saying not to do throat swabs?

https://twitter.com/hjelle_brian/status/1480886782325518338

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm hoping Black Oxygen Organics become the next one weird trick to cure covid

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lol lunchables are completely gone again at local target, even the target brands

my local target has a half assed outdoor living area set up already even though it’s 10F outside, guessing they need somewhere to put it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SEMENDEM0N666/status/1482282206332878849

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It's an aspirational thing. Kind of like a car show.

Heh. A week later it'll be a respirational thing.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

sonatinas posted:

lol lunchables are completely gone again at local target, even the target brands

my local target has a half assed outdoor living area set up already even though it’s 10F outside, guessing they need somewhere to put it

I hope they stay gone forever

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/a-modest-proposal-2/

(I dug into quackwatch over a decade ago which helped me form my disgust for antivaxxers, chiropractors, alternative medicine.)

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Ow this Omicron headache hurts ouch gently caress

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/politics/free-home-covid-19-tests-wellness/index.html

you no longer need a doctor prescription to get reimbursed for free COVID tests

free COVID test purchase period starts today

save your receipts when you buy from that Walgreens in stock alert

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/politics/free-home-covid-19-tests-wellness/index.html

you no longer need a doctor prescription to get reimbursed for free COVID tests

free COVID test purchase period starts today

save your receipts when you buy from that Walgreens in stock alert

what if I bought from Walmart last week? Joe Biden is going to pay me back right?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

IAMKOREA posted:

you have cerebral venous thrombosis, seek MRV as soon as possible

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I have 2 patients on the covid floor today and so far two nurses and two PCTs are having some Starbucks with masks off at their station what in the world is happening :psyboom:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm wondering how they got the nitazoxanide because that poo poo is expensive even in people that actually need it for intestinal parasites. We go a script for it we denied last year during the delta surge in someone trying to use it for COVID and even if we had let it go through it was gonna be about $2100 AWP for a bottle of 20 tablets

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Wrex Ruckus posted:

what if I bought from Walmart last week? Joe Biden is going to pay me back right?

those feel even more special because you paid for them and didn’t get them for free

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

IAMKOREA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vkz9z_epSc

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

When will industrial safety supply have more Auras in stock? My parents need some and I want to buy another box.

also, the most recent time they came back in stock, they seemingly sold out in less than 12 hours, and had restricted sales to 40 masks/order. Shipping (*for me) was $20.50.

I skipped it, but am kind of kicking myself in the rear end for doing that. Housemate likes them a lot, we're running low, and she starts back her university program on Tuesday (mixed virtual/in-person)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Steve Yun posted:

those feel even more special because you paid for them and didn’t get them for free

Psaki had better watch out.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i just had a dream about covid the other night and i had no mask and the rest unfolded into a nightmare scenario

normal world

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got a negative on the pcr i took 11 days after symptoms started so it's back to work for me :coronatoot:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fenarisk posted:

I have 2 patients on the covid floor today and so far two nurses and two PCTs are having some Starbucks with masks off at their station what in the world is happening :psyboom:

nurses being nurses

all the EMTs are out in quarantine. I assume that's why the PCTs are there

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

Where do I go to buy an N95 for my 4yo?

technically not a n95, because NIOSH doesn't certify masks for kids.

But Aaron Collins and a few of my friends vouch for these in terms of quality and fit: https://www.kid95.com/

kf94s are really popular, but IDK what inventory is looking like these days. https://behealthyusa.net/ I'm sure there are deets in the google spreadsheet linked in the OP on specifics

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

no joke had a dream that I couldnt find my respirator yesterday

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

AppleNippleBOB posted:

technically not a n95, because NIOSH doesn't certify masks for kids.

we'll see how long child labor laws hold up...

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
my school district that has spent the last month attacking our union non-stop for wanting to go to online learning is now attacking the union for keeping them from going to online learning

my boss's plan for killing the union is to literally kill the union

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cao Ni Ma posted:

no joke had a dream that I couldnt find my respirator yesterday

I dreamed I was pulling foot long worms out of my elbows and I desperately needed ivermectin

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

just practice astral projection in the daytime and make sure you keep your energy bubble well-formed
there's worse than covid that'd get you in your dreams

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
it’s cool to see such loving families of parents in masks and kids that are over 2 not wearing them, wonder what pediatric spells were used to protect them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

I dreamed I was pulling foot long worms out of my elbows and I desperately needed ivermectin

in my dream I sneezed and maggots came out