Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Badgers just looking solid this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Abugadu posted:

Badgers just looking solid this week.

An alley OOP? In MY Kohl Center?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Mid-major moves:

Loyola-Chicago is going from the Missouri Valley to the Atlantic 10.
Murray State is going from the Ohio Valley to the Missouri Valley, that was made official today. They and Belmont will leave the OVC and be in the MVC as of next season.

The MVC is looking to add 3 more teams, UI-Chicago is apparently all but a done deal, Kansas City and UT-Arlington are the other two rumored teams.

The A-10 is the big winner in all of this with Loyola joining they now have 8 teams that at least occasionally compete for at-large bids. The MVC loses a their best team of the last few seasons, and the OVC keeps getting gutted. This makes 4 teams leaving over the last two years.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy for UIC to move up a little, but they aren’t really a good team. Definitely a step down for the MVC to go from Loyola to UIC. MVC really needs to change their name to Mississippi Valley, speaking geographically here.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Real bummer here:

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/1479781176839573505?t=Kw8D_AFNf1AOUDamTYlLXQ&s=19

Michigan's below the to-play minimum when they had 7 for Rutgers a few days ago, so ack, COVID's rolling through the team.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress DUKE

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1480015729965555712

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 9, 2022

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

elentar posted:

Murray State is joining Belmont in moving to the MVC, which pretty much wipes out the OVC from being relevant ever again.

edit: looks like UT-Arlington, UMKC, and Illinois-Chicago were all also considered, league may add a 12th team but none of those are going to boost much of anything, unless the Dallas market really is that lucrative.

Dallas Baptist is Valley for baseball only so maybe they want a full member for them ?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech lost to ISU with 8 players active in an absolutely stupid game.

Tech beat KU with 7 players active.

In each, random trainers, assistants, and tall dudes from the rec have been suited up to make the bench not look completely empty.

If you had told me that we would beat Kansas with Shannon and McCullar out and Batcho getting all of 6 minutes on the court, I would have laughed at the plausibility. If we can be fully healthy once again, Tech's gonna be one hell of a dangerous team.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
USC dropped a game so that leaves Baylor as the sole unbeaten.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
...uh, yeah, about that...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Jagged Jim posted:

...uh, yeah, about that...

some days there's just something in the air

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

So, a couple things you need to know:

1. Auburn is very good at basketball this year.

2. Auburn Twitter has lost its drat mind. They've taken to ratio'ing opposing team's Twitter accounts with memes:

https://twitter.com/AlabamaMBB/status/1481120199503982595

4000 replies in 4 minutes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
well i guess auburn has to be good at something, might as well be tweeting

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I haven't actually seen Bruce Pearl in a while and drat he got gray

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
gently caress yeah Texas Tech.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is the blueprint to absolutely slaughter a Cuonzo Martin team

https://twitter.com/DataMizzou/status/1481455141844922370

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Big oof

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/cjmaclintv/status/1481694219806912515?s=21

Edit

Looking into this more it seems like might be fake, bleacher report seems to be only one putting it out there so far

https://bleacherreport.com/post/college-basketball/62db5b69-3e8e-44ce-912f-57c98cd866cc

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 13, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Woops

https://twitter.com/SpokesmanClark/status/1481756954640859137?t=l1U0wGZC5YcMZ74Hpc2k-Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/MelissaKXLY4/status/1481761295552581632

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 14, 2022

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Not displeased with Tech rolling OSU after beating Kansas and Baylor.

Shannon is back for the KSU game this weekend. He's easily our best scorer, but will be interesting to see if he slots in with the newfound points-in-paint offense that we've been successful with.

Have our ISU and Kansas rematches coming up in January already.

The Feb 1 game vs UT is going to be raucous. 18k in the USA during COVID. Tech fans are also, reportedly, buying up every available ticket to the game in Austin on Feb 19th. UT is not selling single-game tickets to that one to the public.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Former Kentucky coach Joe B. Hall passed away this morning. Won a title in 78, two other final fours in 75 and 84, and an NIT title in 76. He was a Kentucky native who played and coached under Rupp before taking over in the early 70s. He is by far the most universally loved former head coach, and was always around and involved with the program, at least as much as he could be in recent years.

RIP to a Kentucky legend.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Former Kentucky coach Joe B. Hall passed away this morning. Won a title in 78, two other final fours in 75 and 84, and an NIT title in 76. He was a Kentucky native who played and coached under Rupp before taking over in the early 70s. He is by far the most universally loved former head coach, and was always around and involved with the program, at least as much as he could be in recent years.

RIP to a Kentucky legend.

Hall restarted the Louisville rivalry. They didn't meet between 1959-83 (nad not in a regular season game since 1922). They almost met by chance in the 1982 NCAA tournament, but Kentucky was knocked out by Middle Tennessee. The first 1983 meeting was in the tournament, but they started playing regular season immediately after.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Texas tech lost to Kansas State. Michigan State lost to Northwestern. Kentucky blew out Tennessee. Good day for Wildcats.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i basically gave up on northwestern basketball this season so i had no idea they were even playing today. strangely, i think they've beaten michigan state three years in a row.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 15, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I did not see Baylor losing at home to Okie State. I’m not sure the Big 12 has one bad team.

Unrelated, but what are the chances Hoiberg gets fired this year? He has not turned Nebraska around at all.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Bird in a Blender posted:

I did not see Baylor losing at home to Okie State. I’m not sure the Big 12 has one bad team.

And in a couple of years they'll have Houston, Cincinnati, BYU, and, uh UCF

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn is currently great at basketball and I hope they continue to win all of their basketball games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Unrelated, but what are the chances Hoiberg gets fired this year? He has not turned Nebraska around at all.

Maybe he'll watch Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey and turn things around.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This is Magic's last tweet, he is Shook

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1482057983085658113?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Always happy to see Duke lose, but Texas losing at home to KSU is the icing on the cake. Kansas State wasn’t even supposed to be that good, but they’ve taken down Texas Tech and Texas.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Always happy to see Duke lose, but Texas losing at home to KSU is the icing on the cake. Kansas State wasn’t even supposed to be that good, but they’ve taken down Texas Tech and Texas.

Yeah, KSU is making an argument that the Big XII should have 9 teams in the tournament. Of their 4 losses, 3 are 1 basket losses @OU, @WVU, and home to TCU. Their 2 wins are top 25 wins.

Tech almost let ISU back in it with less than 6 to play. Shannon doesn't look like his pre-injury self. Almost every time I saw him with the ball trying to drive to the basket, he got stripped. Not great.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston keeps winning despite losing our best perimeter players, bar Kyler Edwards. Sampson is a magician, he's reconfigured to run our offense through the post and we're still eking out wins

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I hate Duke, yeah, but I probably have more hate for coaches that bleed out the final minute of the game when it's quite clearly over. The final minute of Mississippi State/Florida took loving 15 minutes, Florida was up 11 (maybe more) with just over a minute left and won by eight.

Reggie Miller did that thing against the Knicks nearly 30 years ago and now every jackass NCAA coach thinks they've got a roster full of Reggie Millers ready to erase a 15 point defecit in 19.2 seconds.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress duke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ugly game in Piscataway last night but if Rutgers plays D like that they can put themselves back into the picture for a bid.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Rutgers joins Michigan as frauds:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GopherMBB/status/1484963371208347654

Gophers had only 7 scholarship players available, the bulk of whom were transfers from low-major/non-major schools. Leading scorer and GW transfer Jamison Battle was among those out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Agree that Rutgers is a fraud. They have 2 good offensive players on the team and if one of them doesn't go nuts they lose. Today was a disgusting and pathetic loss but they have lost to other poo poo teams this year too and at this point it's just clear that they aren't very good. Sucks that Harper and Baker both came back and they aren't going to sniff the tourney this year.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 22, 2022

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

BITCH

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TTU @ KU tonight. Expect KU to get revenge on Tech's home win, but if the defense shows and Shannon stays hot, it could be a tight one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

:lol: https://twitter.com/theandykatz/status/1485664775191371781?s=21