Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Asteroid Alert posted:

Bow wow wow yo yippy yay, arriba la raza, all day and every day!

Bow wow wow yo yippy yay, OIL OF OLAY, all day every day!

The best thing Disco Inferno has done, or will ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A stable also needs a hype man or a stooge

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Will this new Terminus promotion have a weekly show?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Will this new Terminus promotion have a weekly show?

No, it's just an indie and they didn't even have their second show scheduled previously.

They do have a very funny looking clock though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So it’ll run occasionally like PWG?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

sticklefifer posted:

DG's Triangle Gate (trios) belts are their symbol of "unit supremacy". Even if the Dream Gate champion is in your unit, he might be the best single wrestler and the main eventer, but you're still not necessarily the #1 faction. The idea being that 3 guys holding belts that represent a singular championship are more dominant than any singles wrestler or tag team.
Oh I just love the fact that last week, R.E.D. had all the belts for a very brief moment then immediately vacated the Triangle Gate belts, lost the Brave Gate belt, and then the Twin Gate belts in the next 24 hours.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

So it’ll run occasionally like PWG?

Probably close to monthly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lily Catts posted:

Oh I just love the fact that last week, R.E.D. had all the belts for a very brief moment then immediately vacated the Triangle Gate belts, lost the Brave Gate belt, and then the Twin Gate belts in the next 24 hours.

I can't stress enough to people just how much happened at Korakuen. It was like a masterclass in great booking.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't he have a similar match with Shane Storm that left Storm bleeding through his mask?

As I recall it wasn't AS one-sided a beatdown as the Donst affair but he did blast Shane with a backfist that broke his nose, yeah.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

what are some wrestling related books you’d be interested in reading that aren’t currently available for sale, subjects, concepts, book styles etc?

Huge Robert Caro-level bios on Vince and Inoki.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Are the Azteca luchadors even MLW signs? It seems like we keep seeing MLW championship matches against Triple A guys who aren't ever going to take the titles.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Are there many instances of two personalities in some medium interacting where one party is seemingly trying to work and the other is clearly either not interested or taking it seriously? Something like what appeared to be happening between Ogogo/Gresham/Grace, though that also might have just been damage control from Ogogo for being an rear end in a top hat to begin with. So like legitimate heat because someone didn't appreciate the sort of, "work" the other was doing.

I've always sort of wondered what, if any, DMs or personal calls go out following say, a WWE personality bashing a former colleague/contemporary in print because Vince told them to (or assumed they had to). I know Tony Schiavone apologized to Mick Foley for the spoiler/butts in seats remark, so I would hope someone like Seth Rollins made a call or two to Mox after he initially made some of those lame comments like Mox couldn't hack it, he, "took his ball and went home," or, "tries to take food out of my family's mouth."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

antonio inoki kept trying to work the great antonio, but g-tony didn't want to do it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tweak posted:

Are there many instances of two personalities in some medium interacting where one party is seemingly trying to work and the other is clearly either not interested or taking it seriously? Something like what appeared to be happening between Ogogo/Gresham/Grace, though that also might have just been damage control from Ogogo for being an rear end in a top hat to begin with. So like legitimate heat because someone didn't appreciate the sort of, "work" the other was doing.

I've always sort of wondered what, if any, DMs or personal calls go out following say, a WWE personality bashing a former colleague/contemporary in print because Vince told them to (or assumed they had to). I know Tony Schiavone apologized to Mick Foley for the spoiler/butts in seats remark, so I would hope someone like Seth Rollins made a call or two to Mox after he initially made some of those lame comments like Mox couldn't hack it, he, "took his ball and went home," or, "tries to take food out of my family's mouth."

Generally people think Cornette was trying to do something with the Bucks but they've said he went too far with the poo poo he said. Matt & Nick specifically claim he wanted to manage them in PWG.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Are the Azteca luchadors even MLW signs? It seems like we keep seeing MLW championship matches against Triple A guys who aren't ever going to take the titles.

The Azteca shows are apparently just co-promoted shows with The Crash, so there are guys from AAA, DTU, and some lucha freelancers.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tweak posted:

Moxley misunderstood Foley and kept tweeting poo poo about his children, when he was asked not to do it. Then didn't get Mick's texts so it took a while to clean up.
https://tjrwrestling.net/news/mick-foley-legitimately-angry-jon-moxley/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tweak posted:

There was a time when Cody was doing the indies when some wrestler on Twitter was trying to start poo poo with him. Cody simply shut him down, explaining that this wasn't the way to go about getting a match with him.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Kennel posted:

Moxley misunderstood Foley and kept tweeting poo poo about his children, when he was asked not to do it. Then didn't get Mick's texts so it took a while to clean up.
https://tjrwrestling.net/news/mick-foley-legitimately-angry-jon-moxley/

And even then, I've heard that the "went too far" thing was used by Foley to gracefully exit the feud in a way that kinda-sorta put Moxley over after it became clear no doctor on Earth would clear him for one more match.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Claytor posted:

And even then, I've heard that the "went too far" thing was used by Foley to gracefully exit the feud in a way that kinda-sorta put Moxley over after it became clear no doctor on Earth would clear him for one more match.

i'm nearly positive that mick said something like this on a podcast. said it was the doctors and didn't even mention mox as the reason

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

The Azteca shows are apparently just co-promoted shows with The Crash, so there are guys from AAA, DTU, and some lucha freelancers.

The guys in MLW in the Azteca stable (outside of the crossover show) are almost certainly on a per-appearance deal, but I know King/Mil Muertes signed a multi-year deal with MLW last summer. I'm not sure about Matt Cross/Son of Havoc.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Has there been a "major US promotion" (setting this as WCW/WWE(F)/TNA/AEW) that has done a match in a swimming pool?

If so, was it "good" or used in an interesting way?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Has there been a "major US promotion" (setting this as WCW/WWE(F)/TNA/AEW) that has done a match in a swimming pool?

The biggest one you are probably going to find is the matches from the annual GCW Backyard Wrestling events. Last year had an extended stay in the pool and spots on the giant inflatable slide they rented.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BaronVanAwesome posted:

WCW ran an annual Spring Break Nitro from Club La Veda on a floating ring

[quote="BaronVanAwesome"
post="520831620"]
[/quote]

Big Sexy did a cannon ball

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Trying posted:

While this was a promo we did get a couple spots where people would go into the pool or onto the beach including a piledriver into the waves.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MassRafTer posted:

The biggest one you are probably going to find is the matches from the annual GCW Backyard Wrestling events. Last year had an extended stay in the pool and spots on the giant inflatable slide they rented.

This is super sick and I will track this down - I had a vision of some ultra 50 ft powerbomb into the deep end of a pool and wondered if someone beat me to it

Trying posted:

This is also a novel idea and while it sounds like they didn't use the pool aspect to its full potential, doing cannon balls is fun, so I will attempt to find it

Thanks you two!!

Edit YES:

MassRafTer posted:

While this was a promo we did get a couple spots where people would go into the pool or onto the beach including a piledriver into the waves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BaronVanAwesome posted:

AEW had a mimosa mayhem match with Orange Cassidy and Jericho in 2020.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Silly Burrito posted:

AEW had a mimosa mayhem match with Orange Cassidy and Jericho in 2020.

I do like an AM Mimosa - I'm not sure if I have a way to watch back episodes of AEW currently, but did they use the pool itself?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
During AEW's first Stadium Stampede match, a portion of the match with Matt Hardy vs Santana & Ortiz had a pool involved. There was also a pool around during the Jericho Cruise episode of Dynamite when MJF got thrown into it. No full match though.

And AEW-adjacent would be the match between Matt and Nick Jackson on BTE 200, which had some attempted pinfalls take place in a pool.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I do like an AM Mimosa - I'm not sure if I have a way to watch back episodes of AEW currently, but did they use the pool itself?

It was the ending of the match. Jericho ate two Superman punches and the second one knocked him in.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Penguin Patrol posted:

During AEW's first Stadium Stampede match, a portion of the match with Matt Hardy vs Santana & Ortiz had a pool involved. There was also a pool around during the Jericho Cruise episode of Dynamite when MJF got thrown into it. No full match though.

And AEW-adjacent would be the match between Matt and Nick Jackson on BTE 200, which had some attempted pinfalls take place in a pool.

That's not really doing the insanity of the Stadium Stampede match justice. Matt Hardy kept changing gimmicks every time he got dunked, so Total Deletion, Matt Hardy v1, Big Money Matt Hardy, and a few others all showed up at least briefly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvantum posted:

That's not really doing the insanity of the Stadium Stampede match justice. Matt Hardy kept changing gimmicks every time he got dunked, so Total Deletion, Matt Hardy v1, Big Money Matt Hardy, and a few others all showed up at least briefly.

Didn't he also change forms after being shoved into a giant cooler or am I thinking of something else?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't he also change forms after being shoved into a giant cooler or am I thinking of something else?

That was the falls count anywhere match from Dynamite.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

BaronVanAwesome posted:

It's not a US promotion (but I'm not sure why you'd keep the question to major US promotions)

Chris Brookes's third match in DDT was at one of their rojos in a swimming pool. It's a good and fun show, lots of nasty bumps on to tile and exposed wood.

You can watch it here on Wrestle Universe (the best deal in wrestling):
https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/fi4GVaorPBDm1DMnFHNmfS

or here (if you don't feel like paying 10 dollars a month):
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1S4411g7Cd?from=search&seid=18158321523291502307&spm_id_from=333.337.0.0

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 19, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

It's not a US promotion (but I'm not sure why you'd keep the question to major US promotions)

Probably because it’s more novel if it’s something that potentially a million+ people tuned in and watched on broadcast television instead of a match in a niche promotion that maybe a few hundred or thousand people at the very most streamed on the internet.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Probably because it’s more novel if it’s something that potentially a million+ people tuned in and watched on broadcast television instead of a match in a niche promotion that maybe a few hundred or thousand people at the very most streamed on the internet.

Japan and Mexico are quite large

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

Chris Brookes's third match in DDT was at one of their rojos in a swimming pool. It's a good and fun show, lots of nasty bumps on to tile and exposed wood.

You can watch it here on Wrestle Universe (the best deal in wrestling):
https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/fi4GVaorPBDm1DMnFHNmfS

or here (if you don't feel like paying 10 dollars a month):
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1S4411g7Cd?from=search&seid=18158321523291502307&spm_id_from=333.337.0.0

If we are going outside the US this is the be all, end all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5IaOPjJNk

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Theres like hog pens and gravy bowls and etc which are logically similar to pools...

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

I dunno I think fun wrestling is fun no matter how many people watched the original broadcast

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

horrible post, just absolutely dreadful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn’t say it wasn’t good, I said it’s more of a “wow haha what a thing that is” if a mainstream company with a giant audience does it vs a little company in front of a comparatively tiny audience.