Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
random thought but I always thought it would've been a lot cooler if Wheel of Fortune's user had been Avdol's dad (as I assumed was the case the first time watching), and he was trying to exact vengeance for the son he legitimately thought was dead

It's the perfect stand to gently caress with someone you really hate and exact some poetically karmic retribution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
You're thinking of Judgement. Wheel of Fortune is the car. But frankly that's a way funnier version of events.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
haha gently caress, you're right

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wheel of Fortune would've been better if the car looked like the ZZ Top car.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stand: Wheel of Fortune

Power: Duel 1971 Vroom Vroom

Wish Wheel of Fortune had been playable in the capcom fighting game. Big beetle sumo car that shoots out gas bullets. It could go on the short list of "fighting games where one of the fighters is a car" along with dreammix tv world fighters, fighters megamix, akatsuki blitzkampf, blazblue cross tag battle, and bcv: battle construction vehicles

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Wish Wheel of Fortune had been playable in the capcom fighting game. Big beetle sumo car that shoots out gas bullets. It could go on the short list of "fighting games where one of the fighters is a car" along with dreammix tv world fighters, fighters megamix, akatsuki blitzkampf, blazblue cross tag battle, and bcv: battle construction vehicles

you left out Enter the Matrix :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

you left out Enter the Matrix :v:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2003/05/20/enter-the-matrix-gcn-multi-player-firebird-man-vs-policecar-man

holy poo poo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be out of place if a Stand user showed up to fight them and Avdol just smoked them right before they could even fight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FirstAidKite posted:

What's that fighting game on the Saturn that has the car from Daytona as a fighter.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

bobjr posted:

It would be out of place if a Stand user showed up to fight them and Avdol just smoked them right before they could even fight.

Avdol is doing this offscreen, all the time and the fights we see are just the ones smart enough to get past him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

What's that fighting game on the Saturn that has the car from Daytona as a fighter.

Fighters megamix

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm pretty sure someone made a Wheel of Fortune character in the style of the Capcom game for mugen.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm pretty sure someone made a Wheel of Fortune character in the style of the Capcom game for mugen.

Indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60VDvZohuoE

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1482624217413832705

a legit interesting matchup. I think Tamami would have the advantage if he could find a way to get D'arby to feel guilty about something, otherwise he's gettin his soul succed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
D'arby steals souls as a hobby. I don't think there's much to guilt him over aside from maybe failing DIO.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah that's the thing, if tamami could figure that out he might be able to pull it off. Or if he figured out another scenario to gaslight darby into feeling guilty

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
D'arby's sole personality trait is he's an unrepentant cheater how is this a fair matchup at all

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I forget, was there anything preventing people from just going up and just beating up the D'arby brothers without playing the games?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bobjr posted:

I forget, was there anything preventing people from just going up and just beating up the D'arby brothers without playing the games?

In the older one's case, I think he managed to get Polnareff's soul before he revealed himself and how his stand works, so they were forced to play with him to get the soul back. He claimed that if they just beat him up then everyone's souls would have been lost forever, which may have been a bluff, but they treat it as real. In the younger one's case, I don't remember if there was anything keeping them from just whooping his rear end except for the fact they were in his video game dungeon pocket dimension, and also Kakyoin was confident he could beat him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bobjr posted:

D'arby the Gambler had a hostage by the time they realized he was a stand user, and D'arby the Gamer had Jotaro's arm hostage(also Jotaro was wary about fighting him anyway due to his mind-reading power)

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 18, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Avdol: Jotaro, this guy seems shady. Be sure to beat him up with Star Platinum if he does anything unusual.

D'arby: If I win this wager, give me your soul.

I guess that seems like a reasonable wager to Jotaro. And Polnareff, for that matter. :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
People like to say that killing them won't disable their Stand but did they really check? I think they should check.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think Notorious BIG was the only stand that didn't deactivate after the user's death, right? And that's only because that one was activated by the user's death.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think Notorious BIG was the only stand that didn't deactivate after the user's death, right? And that's only because that one was activated by the user's death.

Silver Chariot Requiem, Cheap Trick, and Jonathan's stand, too, though those along with Notorious BIG can probably be considered special cases.

Kira still had Killer Queen in the ghost alley though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
ohhh yeah duh, thanks

Having your stand in the afterlife makes sense since it's implied to be either your soul or an essential part of it, or projection of it, or something similar

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Silver Chariot Requiem, Cheap Trick, and Jonathan's stand, too, though those along with Notorious BIG can probably be considered special cases.

Kira still had Killer Queen in the ghost alley though.

superfly [according to its user]. anubis. the milagro man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I also forgot about Stray Cat somehow, but that's yet another weird case.

e: and those ^^

I forgot this is the manga thread so all of part 6 and beyond is fair game. Limp Bizkit I think, and Wonder of U stuck around very briefly after death until Josuke walked up and shot it, and I'm sure there are others.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 18, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the gucci bag

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
arguably, everything jesus did in sbr

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Josuke vs Hol Horse Part 2 is out

https://mangadex.org/chapter/63aeb517-0317-4a99-9f09-548462bcd566/1

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm liking this much better than the first part.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

powerful font choice

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That's actually really good.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Carpator Diei posted:

That's actually really good.

Agreed. Top tier fanfiction that actually understands the source.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder, is the unknown Stand's power the ability to 『program』 people with punch cards?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is there a stand user Hol Horse would actually be confident in fighting?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The guy that makes you say the opposite of what you mean

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

Someone whose weakness was being shot by a gun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Someone whose weakness was being shot by a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bobjr posted:

He's a bit of a coward, so not really.

Honestly he could probably kill most stand users however, like I doubt Josuke here would be able to take Hol Horse if he had been confident enough to take a shot at him. A Gun with freely controlled bullets is dangerous, and Sex Pistols is weaker then Emperor.