Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol this grotesque freak is melting the gently caress down over "whoops we have to delay this"

sheltered as gently caress, pampered clown caged in the hellish system we call Western society

white woman asks us to "go easy" on her! Talk about privilege!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

but don't call leaving all these people to die eugenics, that isn't accurate

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
i know I mentioned this before but the martini glass spills when you are drunk and keeps you from getting drunker and similarly omicron is self regulating because it takes out the band and closes down concerts thus preventing itself from spreading more

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

why are some places saying no to certain types of masks? I dont understand this, surely there's a reason beyond start killing people?

some hospitals say no N95 because it creeps out patients, and gets worse hospital reviews lol

I was at a museum that told me to take off my respirator because of the exhaust valve. I showed them that I had an exhaust filter, and the lady there was not mentally prepared to make a judgment call, so what ended up happening was I wore the surgical mask they provided, and I wore my respirator on top of it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Steve Yun posted:

some hospitals say no N95 because it creeps out patients, and gets worse hospital reviews lol

I was at a museum that told me to take off my respirator because of the exhaust valve. I showed them that I had an exhaust filter, and the lady there was not mentally prepared to make a judgment call, so what ended up happening was I wore the surgical mask they provided, and I wore my respirator on top of it

Did you remove the 604 filter?

I want to know how she’d react to that.

Does she believe that the serious filter is doing its job or not?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

This completely compromises the seal and makes your respirator worthless btw

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

r/covid19positive

quote:

I just tested positive for the second time in a little under four weeks. I tested positive 12/22 and had very mild cold-like symptoms for two days that I believe was the omicron variant. This time (tested positive 1/18) was much worse, more similar to the original strain that I had December 2020.

Edited to add: I felt fine and tested negative twice between the two occurrences, so I do believe these were two separate infections.

natural immunity

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the free Biden masks are actual N95's, how long until people start riots because airports/airlines won't allow them

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

why are some places saying no to certain types of masks? I dont understand this, surely there's a reason beyond start killing people?

effective PPE looks scarier and also implies that people wearing lesser versions are not doing enough and in danger

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

If the free Biden masks are actual N95's, how long until people start riots because airports/airlines won't allow them

I don't think there have been any reports of airlines prohibiting un-vented disposable n95s. can prob get away w vented if you've got a surgical/cloth over it.

I haven't heard a definitive "this airline allows half face elastomerics" reviews, though. Those are scary and a no no, afaik.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McNugget Buddy posted:

Biden and the do‐nothing Democrats are extremely LOW ENERGY, but the voices behind the throne may issue updated marching orders to allow the Biden face coverings, and only the Biden face coverings, because the dissonance is making them look bad.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol go to any hospital and they'll tell you to take your aura off and put a surgical mask on instead
happened to me last month, i told the check-in person, 'okay', then went about not doing that and no one cared

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

part of it is that people don't know what an N95 is, or what it represents/means relative to a surgical mask

the other part of it is that they don't want to be reminded that there are better masks out there, because it'll make people question why everyone else is wearing worse masks

the other other part of it is that people don't understand the regulations around whether someone "should" be allowed to wear an N95, with respect to its technical definition as being a "respirator" that may require "training" to use properly. reference that story about a guy who got fired because he used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire when he wasn't officially sanctioned to be allowed to use it

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Rip Testes posted:

One of the last. Which others are there?

I‘m fairly sure North Sentinel Island with their death-penalty-upon-immigration policy will never have to experience Covid.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

The Oldest Man posted:

This completely compromises the seal and makes your respirator worthless btw

nah, it’s not on-off like that otherwise surgical mask braces wouldn’t be as effective as they are

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm so jealous. That idiot saying Qld had courage to open up is infuriating. No, McGowan has courage, Anastacia caved to chud pressure and blood is on her hands. (Same with like 4 other state premiers)

yeah, i feel pretty bad for other states, especially vic where hospitals seem hosed. PCR positivity rate has been hanging around 20% for a week so i really don't think it's peaked there despite falling hospital admissions.

edit: 7 new cases yesterday tho

crepeface fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 21, 2022

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dog Case posted:

Just gonna stop keeping track for over a month, I'm sure everything will be fine when we take a look later

Hey why am I hearing Swan Lake

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bullfrog posted:

r/covid19positive

natural immunity

Natural vulnerability

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Tzen posted:

lol go to any hospital and they'll tell you to take your aura off and put a surgical mask on instead
happened to me last month, i told the check-in person, 'okay', then went about not doing that and no one cared

it seems to differ hospital to hospital. my local Kaiser lets me wear an elastomeric and all staff wear N95s there now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tzen posted:

The good news is that if you are in any condition to argue with them, you’re not ill enough to receive medical care now anyway.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Tzen posted:

one of my buddies is in the flower business. One of his jobs there is delivery, and ofc there are many deliveries to hospitals these days (*I mean, its not a morgue or casket maker, but apparently the company he works for is doing great).

They apparently allow him to wear his kf94. I handed him some auras out of my stash to upgrade his mask game.

Bonus: Unlike the early days - most of the hospitals are too understaffed for him to be able to drop it at the front and have them take it from there. He does deliveries to the floor/patient's room these days.

Cool poo poo. I imagine the mask rule thing is regional/on a per-hospital basis. P sure we've had goons talking about respiartoring up to go into the er/hospital for w/e their needs.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Glumwheels posted:

What the gently caress!?

They don't want to you to pay attention to COVID or make any personal determinations about your risk, except to decide that there is no risk.

We're living in an actual conspiracy now and it's awesome.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AppleNippleBOB posted:

one of my buddies is in the flower business. One of his jobs there is delivery, and ofc there are many deliveries to hospitals these days (*I mean, its not a morgue or casket maker, but apparently the company he works for is doing great).

They apparently allow him to wear his kf94. I handed him some auras out of my stash to upgrade his mask game.

Bonus: Unlike the early days - most of the hospitals are too understaffed for him to be able to drop it at the front and have them take it from there. He does deliveries to the floor/patient's room these days.

Cool poo poo. I imagine the mask rule thing is regional/on a per-hospital basis. P sure we've had goons talking about respiartoring up to go into the er/hospital for w/e their needs.

Flowers have been banned in hospitals for years unless they are fake. Infection/allergy/pest vector. Lol. Lmao. Open biden.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Oh yeah? I wonder if they're hiring because based on what the goons in the econ thread are saying I might be losing my job soon with the everything bubble popping and all

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Tzen posted:

That probably depends on the hospital. I have to go to Overlake every now and again for stuff, and they've never given me any poo poo about my N95s.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

facetoucher cat posted:

WHERES MY TOM HANKS BLOOD, BIDEN???
instead we get a dead bob saget 2 years later
really wonder how things may have been different if tom hanks died right from the get go
(lol nothing would have changed)

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

no joke I live walking distance from a flower shop, this is perfect thanks for the lead goon!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Lacrosse posted:

What's the nearest place where I can receive my government mandated omicron infection, sir? I want to do my part to end the pandemic.

search on google for "covid near me"

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Flowers have been banned in hospitals for years unless they are fake. Infection/allergy/pest vector. Lol. Lmao. Open biden.

we need our top democratic doctors and institutions working on this. let me smell the flower, what else is left in life. seriously

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

do you have any links or the like?

I came across this link and some other hits on google, but... I'm p sure in god's free country - flowers are still allowed in hospitals

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun/Platystemon/AppleNippleBOB/Kreeblah, good to know it depends on hospital / staffing
i guess I've just had poo poo luck
the past 2 visits i've done were shitshows of them asking me and my child to swap out our aura/kf94 for surgicals
again no one but the front desk check-in people seemed to care, so all was well and we kept our good masks on

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

hey maybe if the flower shop next door doesn't have any open positions I can try the graveyard across the street

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
WA/perth premier at a conference today:

"People say we should live with the virus, but there's 750 people from the other states that aren't living with it. Ask their families."

:pusheen:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Tzen posted:

Steve Yun/Platystemon/AppleNippleBOB/Kreeblah, good to know it depends on hospital / staffing
i guess I've just had poo poo luck
the past 2 visits i've done were shitshows of them asking me and my child to swap out our aura/kf94 for surgicals
again no one but the front desk check-in people seemed to care, so all was well and we kept our good masks on

did you try to logic them into wearing a surgical over your existing mask? IDK what sorta argument they could muster to overcome that one (*logic has nothing to do with rules these days, but that seems to be a harmless compromise option to try if you encounter it)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Steve Yun posted:

i know I mentioned this before but the martini glass spills when you are drunk and keeps you from getting drunker and similarly omicron is self regulating because it takes out the band and closes down concerts thus preventing itself from spreading more

i'm giving you some negative feedback

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I was admitted to the hospital twice in November and wore a half mask for 95% of my visits. They only let me eat food for three of the ten days I was there, so keeping it on was mostly a matter of fighting the feeling of skin irritation (the longest unbroken stretch of time between short breaks with the mask off in my room's private bathroom was around 40 hours). When I had to go back to the ER at the same hospital a couple of weeks ago, a few of the staff members recognized me as the man in the big mask.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AppleNippleBOB posted:

did you try to logic them into wearing a surgical over your existing mask? IDK what sorta argument they could muster to overcome that one (*logic has nothing to do with rules these days, but that seems to be a harmless compromise option to try if you encounter it)
no i didn't because why bother
in both instances i just said a variation of 'okay' and 'i'll swap them in the restroom' while walking away from the check-in counter to where we needed to go

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AppleNippleBOB posted:

do you have any links or the like?

I came across this link and some other hits on google, but... I'm p sure in god's free country - flowers are still allowed in hospitals

I dunno my hospital says no flowers and we had to eliminate the potted plant we had in our hallway/waiting room cause joint commission was coming and it made me sad because it reminded me of our supervisor that died of pancreatic cancer right before covid :(

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I've got a sore throat coming at me from left field.

Seems more likely, goons.

loving lmao if I actually got roni'ed by my buddy.

is this number 2? how many lives did you start with? Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

GXL posted:

I was admitted to the hospital twice in November and wore a half mask for 95% of my visits. They only let me eat food for three of the ten days I was there, so keeping it on was mostly a matter of fighting the feeling of skin irritation (the longest unbroken stretch of time between short breaks with the mask off in my room's private bathroom was around 40 hours). When I had to go back to the ER at the same hospital a couple of weeks ago, a few of the staff members recognized me as the man in the big mask.

:blessed:
Hope you're doing better.

I fortunately haven't needed to go to the hospital recently. Last time I went in one was for my 2nd pfizer dose. And I wore my 3m 6503. No questions/issues.