Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

having that happen to me is a frequent nightmare of mine but usually not gaming related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

heehee posted:

had a dream last night i was watching bob stream dark souls, he was lost and stuck and asked "what am i forgetting?" and synthy posted in chat "to suck balls" and i think i laughed myself awake cuz that's the last thing i remember

lol im like freddy kreuger but im invading dreams to make an rear end of myself in them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

heehee posted:

had a dream last night i was watching bob stream dark souls, he was lost and stuck and asked "what am i forgetting?" and synthy posted in chat "to suck balls" and i think i laughed myself awake cuz that's the last thing i remember

mbt posted:

had a dream i was beating a friend at snes mario kart, then he said 'plan b' and the hydraulic piston in his computer chair rocketed into his rear end and he exploded into quake 1 low-poly gibs

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

had a dream i was beating a friend at snes mario kart, then he said 'plan b' and the hydraulic piston in his computer chair rocketed into his rear end and he exploded into quake 1 low-poly gibs

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mbt posted:

Lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol to all

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mbt posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lotta dreams about things going into or out of asses

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just dreamed about making an original-content-heavy narrative LP thread, which may be more mortifying than making GBS threads out a potato.

(The thread was for some strat-RPG for the Sega Saturn; everyone hated the Saturn in this dream world, but I was convinced my brilliant LP would redeem it. I started chanting SE! GA! SAT! URN! as I descended a long flight of stairs into the subway station, then got to the bottom and realized I hadn't updated my LP thread in six weeks, and nobody but me had ever posted in it. Guess that didn't work out!)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dreamed I was playing some kind of Resident Evil style game but it was all based on a really strict day schedule like Pathologic, and I was trying to get the true ending, which required really specific steps to be carried out by the end of the third day. The main villain was goth Sandra Oh and she would show up to mess up whatever you were doing and try to seduce the player, but I don't find Sandra Oh attractive so I was desperate to hide from her to avoid the awkwardness and not hurt her feelings.

After a while I thought the last thing I had to do was follow an elaborate crafting recipe to make "Mother's Special Blueberry Wine" which involved sneaking in and out of the kitchen area and combining items. My blood sugar was low when I woke up and this was starting to manifest in my dream as well so while I was trying to find the right stuff I kept having to wade through giant bars of chocolate, bottles of energy drinks etc. Eventually I managed to get everything I needed and it combined into a slice of pixellated cake, so I looked up a walkthrough and it turned out this whole crafting episode was for a sidequest that I could no longer complete anyway,and I now wouldn't be able to get the true ending because I'd wasted so much time.

I was really pissed and started trashing the place, which drew goth Sandra Oh's attention and she swept into the room murmuring "someone better have Mother's Special Blueberry Wine... mama thirsty" so I screamed and smashed the cake in her face.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry OP but I completely ignored your post after goth Sandra Oh and just started thinking about that.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Type Oh Negative

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Type Oh Mama

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Sorry OP but I completely ignored your post after goth Sandra Oh and just started thinking about that.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

Lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

took me like 8 quote tweets to get it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I had a dream that I was at a post-e3 party and a bunch of giantbomb people were there, along with geoff keighley, kojima, miyamoto, etc. basically all the big faces of gaming were present. it was also at my old house in florida for some reason

Kojima took a shot and said "the burn is great, it's all about the burn" in japanese with subtitles magically appearing at the bottom of the screen and I said "yamazaki? I love it, can't get enough" and suddenly everyone froze. jeff gerstmann swung up from behind me and said "..Did you think that was gonna get you cool points or something, DUDE?" and scoffed at me before walking away. I shuffled around and tried to just shrug this awkward moment off but everyone was now staring at me, completely locked on. miyamoto had such a cold glare I'd never seen on his face before. i felt so humiliated I woke up breathing hard and sweating

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

I had a dream that I was at a post-e3 party and a bunch of giantbomb people were there, along with geoff keighley, kojima, miyamoto, etc. basically all the big faces of gaming were present. it was also at my old house in florida for some reason

Kojima took a shot and said "the burn is great, it's all about the burn" in japanese with subtitles magically appearing at the bottom of the screen and I said "yamazaki? I love it, can't get enough" and suddenly everyone froze. jeff gerstmann swung up from behind me and said "..Did you think that was gonna get you cool points or something, DUDE?" and scoffed at me before walking away. I shuffled around and tried to just shrug this awkward moment off but everyone was now staring at me, completely locked on. miyamoto had such a cold glare I'd never seen on his face before. i felt so humiliated I woke up breathing hard and sweating

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BOB: Hey, drinking Yamazaki? Nice

MIYAMOTO:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

comedy bartenders at Shellac sweating bullets and bringing their patter to a grinding halt when Miyamoto marches in

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BOB: Hey, drinking Yamazaki? Nice

MIYAMOTO:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Type Oh Negative

lol top notch

extremebuff posted:

lmao Dark Shiggy returns

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream that a wizened philosopher was explaining to me that all men were on a clown continuum, where we can be 0-100% a clown and when we reach 100% we go back down again until we hit 0%. All men are at various stages of clownery in their lives, and only become noticed by the world when they are high on the continuum. Anyway, ArfJason (who looked exactly like his avatar) was leering at me from the sidelines, eyes full of implication.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
That was Socrates. At least sounds like him.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All the world's a circus and all the men and women merely clowns. They have their noses and their flowers and each man in his time does many rings, his jokes having seven stages. At first, the lurker, laughing and hiding in the desk chair's arms, and next, the sycophantic newbie, empty quoting and lmaoing unwillingly to acceptance...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

All the world's a circus and all the men and women merely clowns. They have their noses and their flowers and each man in his time does many rings, his jokes having seven stages. At first, the lurker, laughing and hiding in the desk chair's arms, and next, the sycophantic newbie, empty quoting and lmaoing unwillingly to acceptance...

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that a wizened philosopher was explaining to me that all men were on a clown continuum, where we can be 0-100% a clown and when we reach 100% we go back down again until we hit 0%. All men are at various stages of clownery in their lives, and only become noticed by the world when they are high on the continuum. Anyway, ArfJason (who looked exactly like his avatar) was leering at me from the sidelines, eyes full of implication.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012