Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That third brand just based on what they want for the roster is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
i'm taking a break from all the "adam cole looks like poo poo now" posts

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's using the imagery in a rapping way

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:staredog:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...tm_source=share

Edit: gently caress it was some person who was really really upset at AEWs booking of Shawn Spears.

Lid fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 21, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Cult of Pies posted:

a tasteful nazi

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/just_steve82/status/1484598408455274498?t=1YTZxyXy8Lcsz_nkeu33pg&s=19

Should we tell them?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Lid posted:

Edit: gently caress it was some person who was really really upset at AEWs booking of Shawn Spears.

Congrats on finding Cassie Lee's Reddit account

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait, who do they think is the Hardy rip off team is?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait, who do they think is the Hardy rip off team is?

The Bucks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringerwrestling/status/1484562647974613000?s=20

They already tried this and the answer is a very definitive "nope"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

The Bucks

That was my guess and lmao

They're nothing alike. At all.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Lid posted:

Spears has been booked like poo poo since the initial chair shot and loss to Cody. He and Tully didn't fit well together and he spent most of 2020 wearing that stupid loaded glove. He's really found his niche after visiting the chair dimension and his double act with Wardlow though. A proper match and not a squash against Punk probably would have been better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Spears has been booked like poo poo since the initial chair shot and loss to Cody. He and Tully didn't fit well together and he spent most of 2020 wearing that stupid loaded glove. He's really found his niche after visiting the chair dimension and his double act with Wardlow though. A proper match and not a squash against Punk probably would have been better.

Yeah I agree with this. He gave an awesome setup promo and then they made him look like a joke. Yeah of course he was going to lose but he should've gotten at least a little offense in.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sometimes supporting characters on a TV show should look like a joke. It’s a fun story beat and Punk is supposed to be one of the best guys in the company; not everybody needs to look super credible at all times.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i cant believe they booked Shawn Spears, the comedy chair pervert guy, as a joke

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it didn't really kill any of the appeal of Spears. I want him on TV being a funny jobber and hitting people with chairs and making his cum face. Being beat by CM Punk like that doesn't hurt any of the things that make him entertaining.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Punk needing like 20 minutes to beat every prelim jabroni for months and then just killing Spears in seconds is extremely funny

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It also serves the Wardlow face-turn angle, implying that at this point, he's too good for The Pinnacle. Right now MJF's running scared while Punk's beaten FTR, and just made Spears look like a complete chump. Wardlow, meanwhile, pretty much had him beat, and only lost because of MJF sticking his dick into the match.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm just sad I didn't get to see Spears' vinegar strokes this week

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

It also serves the Wardlow face-turn angle, implying that at this point, he's too good for The Pinnacle. Right now MJF's running scared while Punk's beaten FTR, and just made Spears look like a complete chump. Wardlow, meanwhile, pretty much had him beat, and only lost because of MJF sticking his dick into the match.

It really does put Wardlow over huge through transitive power level properties. I didn't even think of that detail but it's a good point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Makr madden eats the wrong cheesesteak. That dude has been an embarrassment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It also makes QT Marshall look great by that logic.

Like, I don't disagree that it works for the MJF feud at the moment, but it does highlight that Punk struggling against undercard guys was probably a misstep.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Being worked by all these idiots describing a piece of music written in New York by a Czech composer after listening to a ton African American spirituals as Nazi-ish and German.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

It also makes QT Marshall look great by that logic.

Like, I don't disagree that it works for the MJF feud at the moment, but it does highlight that Punk struggling against undercard guys was probably a misstep.

Eh, I'm fine with the take that he was knocking 7 years of rust off in his earlier bouts, and now he's gotten back in the saddle.

It's also not unheard of to hit someone with a surprise finisher right off the bat. It came off to me more like Spears was caught off guard, not squashed because he sucks.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Cult of Pies posted:

springtime for mcmahon

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
https://mobile.twitter.com/theIWCunhinged/status/1484743063218106368

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

For those who don't pay attention to Brian Cage since he's the worst Brian and worst Cage in AEW, he is sitting out his contract, isn't injured and didn't request his release.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope he goes to the fed

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the correct response to "Brian Cage anyone?" is "no thank you"

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dimebags Brain posted:

Being worked by all these idiots describing a piece of music written in New York by a Czech composer after listening to a ton African American spirituals as Nazi-ish and German.

I am happy that I'm not the only classical music person who is very upset with these idiots and nazis who are unable to identify Dvorak.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/ewhitsHelmz/status/1484763348449124354
https://twitter.com/KalebCenite/status/1484750523244896261

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 22, 2022

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
"Eat a few losses and you'll get over, brother."

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
AEW has too many performers who come across as winners and stars. I'd prefer 50/50 booking where everyone seems like a geek who's lucky to have a job.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Asuka losing to Charlotte is a good thing, undefeated streaks are boring! You can go so many story directions with her now!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

El Generico posted:

AEW has too many performers who come across as winners and stars. I'd prefer 50/50 booking where everyone seems like a geek who's lucky to have a job.

While 50/50 booking and the like is dumb, undefeated streaks don't mean as much when 10 people on your roster have them going.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TheKingslayer posted:

"Asuka losing to Charlotte is a good thing, undefeated streaks are boring! You can go so many story directions with her now!"

You're not supposed to post takes from the forums in this thread. :v:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

While 50/50 booking and the like is dumb, undefeated streaks don't mean as much when 10 people on your roster have them going.

good thing that's not true!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Elephant Ambush posted:

I know you’re exaggerating but I think there are only 3 meaningful ones:
Jade Cargill
Adam Cole
HOOK

Danielson did recently lose his of course

edit: \/\/\/ ahh true, true

Tweak fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tweak posted: