Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

BrianWilly posted:

It feels like the plot of Cobra Kai right now. "YOU MUST CHOOSE ONLY ONE SIDE!@ mY SIDE"

I don't really remember/didn't really see a lot of the Ahsoka episodes where she rejects the Jedi way. Is there a particularly good reason why she'd be looking at Luke doing this same ol' Jedi stuff here and going "Hell yeah, this is totally the right way to do things" or does that actually fall in-line with her development over the years?

I didn't watch TCW or Rebs slavishly but she was mostly onboard with the Jedi Way, if a bit of a loose canon like her mentor, until she got framed for a terrorist attack and the Jedi Order was like "gently caress you you're out, traitor," then she cleared her name pretty much without their help and they were on some "okay come back and we'll make you a knight, lol no hard feelings, right?" and left the order.

She's basically an All But Dissertation Jedi Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I miss Justified.

The face tech / deepfake is much better this time. lol a way more interesting episode that was half about something besides the titular character

I guess Fennec also forgot they can hire muscle with credits? Does Boba just generate a dumbness aura that eventually overpowers people near him?

Maybe it's because it came off the heels of the previous episode, but this one felt way more fanservicey and out of place. Still a good episode, but it just shows how badly they fumbled Boba Fett.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also that theory about Jennifer Beals being the mayoris officially dead. Fuckin :rip: to whatever side plot they were doing with her because that poo poo just got turbo fried.

lmao if they really hired and killed off Jennifer Beals for that bit part.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

All the dialogue in this episode sounded weird as poo poo and very stilted. Especially Fennec during the briefing.

I’m kinda torn on this episode because the Vanth and Bane stuff was good, the Luke and Grogu stuff should have been good but ended up kinda lackluster because of the dialogue, and once again the show lampshaded how meandering and kinda pointless the actual plot of the show has been.

It pains me to say it, but they really should have excised the entire Mando plot and saved it for season 3. It’s completely shoehorned into the Boba stuff and it makes the show suffer as a result because it’s so much more interesting and engaging. BoBF should have only been Boba escaping the sarlaac and living with the Tuskens or this plot with the Pykes taking on him and some other bounty hunters, not both at the same time plus an extended teaser for Mando season 3.

:agreed: with everything. Especially since the Pykes are even less developed than Boba, and that's saying something. They run drugs. That's it.

nine-gear crow posted:

I just rewatched that scene. Max Rebo is not present at the club when the bomb goes off. I’m pretty sure he’s safe.

Gonna wait for the post credits scene in the finale where it turns out Max Rebo orchestrated everything and now he's in charge.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

eke out posted:

I respect Filoni for giving us the lead up to Luke being an absolute dumbass dipshit recreating the worst traditions he only barely understands

Using a massive amount of advanced droid labour in order to create an austerity-fascade is very 'Luke does not understand this'.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

eke out posted:

luke saw shogun assassin and t hought this was cool as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGItefWwA5s

Can we just get the GZA to score this show now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fe3y8RLBgU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ahsoka was the biggest wedge between Anakin and the Jedi (that he didn’t start slaughtering everyone in the temple as she left was a shock). Her hanging out with Luke is probably part of an arc for her where she’s trying to right some of the wrongs she thought she did with Anakin, and maybe point Luke/the new order in a better direction?

is she where Luke gets the idea that the Jedi order should be destroyed? :twisted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This fanfiction rear end episode to hell and back

And I love it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I misremembered that Cad Bane had been killed by Fennec, so I was quite surprised when he showed up here. Wouldn't have begrudged letting Filoni play with his toys either way.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
It feels like they're saving up all the boba badass for the last episode and banking on RR repeating his success of that ep in mando season two he directed where boba owned bones

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

eke out posted:

i was also very curious about this, i have not watched those shows but i thought she was super sour on the jedi traditions and now she's smiling and helping luke be like "any acknowledgment of people you love is unacceptable"

She hated the council more about their dumb political nonsense and caring more about rules than about the actual people involved. She'd be fine with person-to-person direct training and letting someone go gently caress off if they wanted to quit. The whole "you can stay here or go with friends" thing is more Anakin's direct issue with Jedi because of his mom and wife. And in that case, it was more them telling him he couldn't see his mom (and by extension them letting her stay a slave which resulted in her dying) or get married than anything

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Last episode was an outlier but this episode confirmed it for me that they had absolutely no plan for this show and it was just made as a stopgap to make a semi Mando Season 3 while Pascal was out filming for HBO. I'm torn on this episode because the Tatooine stuff was great but frankly the time management was terribly slanted to the stuff offworld. Some really good stuff followed by a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be in this particular story but they didn't film enough Fett action so they needed to pad the runtime.

Also, the Jedi are loving terrible people and I hope that's what most people take away from this episode rather than gushing over the fanservice. Ahsoka and Luke were being emotionally manipulative assholes this episode. "Hey Grogu, do you want to remember? Here let me do a Vulcan mind meld so you can relive seeing all your friends murdered!" Your dad came by with a present, but could I instead interest you in a cool laser sword I looted off my old master's bedside stand?" "Hey Mando, I'm not going to tell anyone what to do but are you just being a selfish jerk in giving a present to your adopted son for self gratification?" Way to loving lead your questions Ahsoka.

The other scene though, man. Westerns.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Last episode was an outlier but this episode confirmed it for me that they had absolutely no plan for this show and it was just made as a stopgap to make a semi Mando Season 3 while Pascal was out filming for HBO. I'm torn on this episode because the Tatooine stuff was great but frankly the time management was terribly slanted to the stuff offworld. Some really good stuff followed by a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be in this particular story but they didn't film enough Fett action so they needed to pad the runtime.

Also, the Jedi are loving terrible people and I hope that's what most people take away from this episode rather than gushing over the fanservice. Ahsoka and Luke were being emotionally manipulative assholes this episode. "Hey Grogu, do you want to remember? Here let me do a Vulcan mind meld so you can relive seeing all your friends murdered!" Your dad came by with a present, but could I instead interest you in a cool laser sword I looted off my old master's bedside stand?" "Hey Mando, I'm not going to tell anyone what to do but are you just being a selfish jerk in giving a present to your adopted son for self gratification?" Way to loving lead your questions Ahsoka.

The other scene though, man. Westerns.

I thought Palpatine had Yoda’s lightsaber after their fight in the senate chamber? Yoda dropped it and didn’t get it back before fleeing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought Palpatine had Yoda’s lightsaber after their fight in the senate chamber? Yoda dropped it and didn’t get it back before fleeing.

Maybe they went to Star Wars Land at Disney world on vacation with Maz and picked up a replica.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Icon Of Sin posted:

I guess he made another on Dagobah, and Luke found it after Yoda died? Or he had a backup, since he needed a specific size, so he couldn't just borrow someone else's, like Anakin always did when he lost his. I wouldn't worry too much about that one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Somehow, Yoda's lightsaber returned.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luke's gonna be like "I never told him but it's worth was greater than value of the Shire"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Icon Of Sin posted:

Palatine didn’t grab it. It fell. But that’s it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

zoux posted:

Luke's gonna be like "I never told him but it's worth was greater than value of the Shire"

“Some object being worth more than the value of a town” already came up in this very episode, so it would fit.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I always figured that it wasn't uncommon to have more than one laying around anyhow. You're always getting a hand cut off or having a bad guy take it from you after you get easily captured or so on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Talking about the dangers of attachment is really rich coming from Luke and Ahsoka considering their personal attachments are what saved their lives at the darkest moment. Credit to Luke that he at least offered Grogu a choice, but he was definitely leading him by countering a gift with a bribe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hey buddy do you want:
a - a boring rear end chainmail armor.
b - A SICK rear end LASER SWORD THAT GOES WHOOOM WHEN YOU MOVE IT AROUND

you can only choose one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Klungar posted:

Somehow, Yoda's lightsaber returned.

:golfclap:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I like all of Luke's dialog and I didn't even sense anything off about the way it was delivered, either. The scene with the ant droids and the Mandalorian taking a rest on the bench after R2 powers down was good; Star Wars needs more slow and meaningful scenes like the one in this episode. I thought when Grogu was going to have the flashback that it'd be an earlier memory about members of his own species before he was taken to the Jedi Temple. Offering the choice for him to relive it relates to Luke's "it feels more like he's remembering than that I'm teaching" line (paraphrased), so it wasn't for nothing. Teared up at the "but I came all this way" scene. It's typical and I don't disagree the writing, but making Grogu choose is some Jedi BS.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that a bench?! :lol: I loved that line.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

CelticPredator posted:

Palatine didn’t grab it. It fell. But that’s it.

The first Vader comic series shows that Palpatine had it along with just an absolute boatload of sabers from most of the Jedi killed in Order 66, and had them all burned in a public ceremony. So this one had to be from Dagobah.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I didn't see Luke giving a choice between the lightsaber vs the chainmail as some sort of petty act. More that Luke was willing to give Grogu a choice of what life he wanted to live. Luke's goal is to bring back the Jedi and he needs committed members, someone with longing to go hang out with a bounty hunter and have sick rear end adventures is probably not gonna have the right focus to maintain their commitment to a new order of Jedi Knights. If grogu's heart isn't into it... no use in trying to force ( :-P ) it onto him any further

The effects work here was way better but now they just gotta tweak that deep fake audio.

Meanwhile live action Cad Bane was amazing. They keep making these live action adaptations of clone wars characters and fuckin nailing it.

G-III fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 2, 2022

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
This loving episode

R2 just shutting down so he didn't have to talk to Din is the funniest poo poo. R2 being kind of a dick is the best R2

Ahsoka calling herself an old friend of the family made me smile, as did her getting to be in the same scene with Luke.

CAD FUCKIN' BANE LADIES AND GENTS. Finally in a western setting that fits his Lee Van Cleef getup. poo poo owned, although I hope Cobb is okay.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
https://twitter.com/bonerlandhitman/status/1488922327685349380

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I really don't get Luke in this episode. Now we don't only have the longstanding problem of the Jedi before Luke anachronisticly believing Sith deserve redemption, Luke doesn't even believe in the power of love to save someone anymore.

E: He's still best friends with his sister and her husband too! Drop all attachments my rear end.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 2, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well he doesn't know what to do and Ahsoka isn't really giving him any good advice.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

E: He's still best friends with his sister and her husband too! Drop all attachments my rear end.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Jedi are bad and hypocritical

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hey buddy do you want:
a - a boring rear end chainmail armor.
b - A SICK rear end LASER SWORD THAT GOES WHOOOM WHEN YOU MOVE IT AROUND

you can only choose one

"Come on little guy, do you wanna be a tank or do you wanna be DPS and rack up the huuuuuuge numbers?"
*flexes*

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
If only Mando had been there to mention the jetpack he could get as part of the prestige class.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

Teared up at the "but I came all this way" scene.

I almost had to pause it for a moment to get myself together.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really loving loved this episode Spending all that time with Luke and Grogu was awesome. Not so sure about the choice that Grogu is going to have to make but still

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sentinel Red posted:

"Come on little guy, do you wanna be a tank or do you wanna be DPS and rack up the huuuuuuge numbers?"
*flexes*

Take the option that gets you groups Grogu!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hollismason posted:

I really loving loved this episode Spending all that time with Luke and Grogu was awesome. Not so sure about the choice that Grogu is going to have to make but still

I mean really, if Ben Solo is canonically Luke's first student, then Grogu can't be. So Grogu's going to choose to be a Force wielding Mandalorian instead of a Jedi. Which, considering what happens to all the Jedi Luke trains, is a pretty smart call.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's time for Grogu to talk, myself. 55+ and still non-verbal? Might want to see a speech therapist.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ughhhhh my poor baby :cry: :cry: luke is legendarily bad at training from the start though, you give him the armor and keep training him you dummy

still parsing how good this was but there was a lot to like in this episode AHSOKA

so when is jedi academy getting announced??

cad bane walking into town and immediately doing a showdown with vanth was just fuckin epic poo poo

site fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So... Now you have to walk across like a couple miles of open desert because you clearly didn't park within eyeshot. Guess you're pretty confident that no one is going to just snipe you in the back eh?