Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HERE IT IS! :woop:

Edit: Holy poo poo it's INCREDIBLE :stwoon:

Holy crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ougher posted:

I'm going to post unmarked spoilers and you can't stop me:

One Piece is good.

Incredibly naive and shortsighted speculation here. Clearly, it's the best.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
chapter lives up to the title name that’s for sure

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
sooo..... do we think Big Mom is down? It would be kind of strange to end the chapter on the pronouncement "your era is over" after the two Luffy rivals deliver their ultimate moves (and in Law's case atleast what he claims is his final ounce of energy) and not have that be the end of the fight. RIP Big Mom, you were too good as a Villain for the short time we had you :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Starsfan posted:

sooo..... do we think Big Mom is down? It would be kind of strange to end the chapter on the pronouncement "your era is over" after the two Luffy rivals deliver their ultimate moves (and in Law's case atleast what he claims is his final ounce of energy) and not have that be the end of the fight. RIP Big Mom, you were too good as a Villain for the short time we had you :(

short????????????

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Starsfan posted:

Short time? Bruh we spent literal years with her on Whole Cake only to have her chase the team down to the next story arc endgame, I think she's had a pretty healthy run :staredog:

EDIT: Fo' reals spoiler talk

Godspeed Big Mom, you were a true force of nature from start to finish :patriot:

Who TF shifts the entire building they're attached to in order to block an attack? The old bag still has kick in those heels

White Light fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 4, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

did i read that right that big mom got one last full heal off by making her bones alive

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

did i read that right that big mom got one last full heal off by making her bones alive

Yeah but she had to use her own life force, presumably, and not the life force taken from other people, in order to do that.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo it's INCREDIBLE :stwoon:

Goddamn it is!

But what was really happening with Law's attack? I was kinda confused.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Patware posted:

it's the most insane thing i've ever seen in one piece (in this week) !!! imagine your bones alive speaking with you from the darkness...

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

alkanphel posted:

Goddamn it is!

Reeeaaaallly long syringe attack. More distance = more power/force

Also Law just extended his blade long enough to make Orochimaru blush, good god

White Light fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 4, 2022

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

alkanphel posted:

Goddamn it is!

his sword does some electric vibration thing when its inside someone, bypassing haki i think.

Dwelling on why he had to make the sword go deeper, i think is plan is to have kid knock her into the hole. Im wondering if he got it all the way to sea level, would play off the line of big moms about sending people to a watery grave.

My real guess tho is onigashima falls onto the hole, burying big mom and maybe even kaido with luffys final blow

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah but she had to use her own life force, presumably, and not the life force taken from other people, in order to do that.

she did that before so that isn't new just dem bones

Lpzie posted:

it's the most insane thing i've ever seen in one piece (in this week) !!! imagine your bones alive speaking with you from the darkness...

with the power of a magic spell your bones are alive and they love you unconditionally

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Also that was probably the best chapter since 1000, goddamn

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Reeeaaaallly long syringe attack. More distance = more power/force

Also Law just extended his blade long enough to make Orochimaru blush, good god

anime was right posted:

his sword does some electric vibration thing when its inside someone, bypassing haki i think.

Dwelling on why he had to make the sword go deeper, i think is plan is to have kid knock her into the hole. Im wondering if he got it all the way to sea level, would play off the line of big moms about sending people to a watery grave.

My real guess tho is onigashima falls onto the hole, burying big mom and maybe even kaido with luffys final blow

Ahhh ok, now I remember this was used earlier too.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Last Week: OP community is crapping on Kidd and the boring applications of his powers in battle.
This Week: Kidd builds a loving RAILGUN and fires it at Big Mom at short range.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kid should have made a bigger railgun to shoot his giant bull mech imo.

Anyway I an kinda bummed Kid's ultimate attack was not an even sicker mech but this is a good finish to the fight. Hope this is it and my boys get the big win.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yamato can also throw the explosives down there, so I'm guessing that Big Mom gets tossed down onto Wano, the explosives get thrown down after, then Kanjuro's shadow whatever drops down to trigger them, and possibly Onigashima gets dropped on her for good measure.

Ye gods, that was a hell of a chapter.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

so gnarly big mom getting stabbed through the face last week and now her broken forearm hanging like a sausage link. rip to a real one. what a chapter

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
My bet is that she's not dead, but this is going to be enough reason for her people to evacuate her. I can't really see her being perma-defeated with so few of the Whole Cake Island cast of characters around to react to it and have their own interactions with the Straw Hats.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the virgin luffailures: ohhhh bouncy castle!! luffy's going to bounce the island off wano !!

the chad law stans: law is going to make his sword 20 miles long and use it to blow up a hole in wano for the island to sink into

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I won't be truly satisfied unless Big Mom goes hurtling off the edge of Wano, knocking her ship down again in the process.

On another note, I noticed Momo's hearing voices again. Is Zunesha about to warn Momo of the WG invasion fleet? This arc could take so many different wild swings in the next few chapters!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yamato can also throw the explosives down there, so I'm guessing that Big Mom gets tossed down onto Wano, the explosives get thrown down after, then Kanjuro's shadow whatever drops down to trigger them, and possibly Onigashima gets dropped on her for good measure.

I think this is what's going to happen, otherwise there wouldn't have been so much attention drawn to the holes/crater and to Law's comment that the needs it to be deeper. It would be a very unambigous defeat for Big Mom without taking her out of the picture as a major threat.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Today’s chapter reminded me so much of this moment

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Carpator Diei posted:

I think this is what's going to happen, otherwise there wouldn't have been so much attention drawn to the holes/crater and to Law's comment that the needs it to be deeper. It would be a very unambigous defeat for Big Mom without taking her out of the picture as a major threat.

I want all of this stuff to fall on big mom and even explode, and then after the crew leaves wano she busts out of the rubble and pursues them to Elbaf for a final showdown with Luffy.

Not saying she doesn't physically lose here, but I don't see this loss destroying or ending her dream and thats a big deal in one piece.

On the other hand, Kaidos Dream and worldview is 100 percent at stake here and this is going to be his finale

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Not my theory, but people elsewhere have suggested BM may get back up and heal herself again, but then develop hunger pangs for her own life force, growing bigger and bigger until she burns herself out and shrinks down into a stereotypical tiny old granny. It's a cool visual with parallels to Hody in Fishman Island... but honestly I don't think its likely if we're still heading to Elbaf sometime before the end of the series.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Good spread. Good chap

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Did Law just use Gin from Bleach's stretchy sword attack against Big Mom? Gin reference baby

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

smart. after reading this, its what i think will happen

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol @ law making fun of kidd's mechs. oh cool another giant animal, big whoop

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
me, half-jokingly last week: What if Luffy's fruit was actually the Monkey King fruit all along. The Goku Goku no Mi. That'd be pretty cool, I think.

Oda, deciding to gently caress with specifically me:

Anyway chapter is Maximum Good and I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

lol @ law making fun of kidd's mechs. oh cool another giant animal, big whoop

"What comes next? A hippo? An elephant" is so loving good. I am now a Law fan

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh wow. I know I've been going on about how I think Big Mom can't go down down here... but it really looks like she's going down! Holy poo poo. Like, I don't think she'll die, or her role in the story will be over, but I don't think you can say anything except she has been decisively defeated here. I know a lot of people have been expecting Law and Kidd to actually defeat an emperor here, but I couldn't really see it until now. And holy poo poo there are going to be repercussions. I can't wait to see the newspapers and the reactions all over the world after all of this!

Electric Phantasm posted:

"What comes next? A hippo? An elephant" is so loving good. I am now a Law fan
Hippo?
no
Railgun

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

rules of nature from Metal gear rising started in my head like 4 times throughout that chapter goddamn.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eiba posted:

Hippo?
no
Railgun

Lmao

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Eiba posted:

Hippo?
no
Railgun

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Big Mom's performance here was a bit disappointing. Is she really down for the count?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Silver2195 posted:

Big Mom's performance here was a bit disappointing. Is she really down for the count?

If she was, we would have got a box saying Big Mom as been defeated like everyone else so far

I really like the idea of dropping here in a hole full of explosives and then dropping an island on top of that. A few random thoughts regarding the fight:

I hope we get a scene of Big Mom trying to pull life force from herself again, only to have none. Then having to pull the last bits of her soul from Prometheus/Napoleon/Hera (Zeus gets to survive for some random reason)

Whenever Big Mom finally does die, I would love to see a page of reactions from Totto Land as all the homies disappear.

Finally, would love to see Kazenbo get distracted by Mother Mercy because the flame blob is in love/a creep like Kanjuro.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

generic "this boss character got hit, they must actually suck" complaint? thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Brandfarlig posted:

generic "this boss character got hit, they must actually suck" complaint? thanks

I'm not seeing any untagged spoilers.