Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Human Crouton posted:

Don't get angry at me. I'm on your side. I said the trucker slave class should continue to deliver goods to you after you break up their protest.

Fun fact: 90% of the truckers are delivering. This is just 10% of dumbfucks. Also gently caress right off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Don't get angry at me. I'm on your side. I said the trucker slave class should continue to deliver goods to you after you break up their protest.

Maybe post your point instead of vague riddles

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/TPSOperations/status/1490381536532832259

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

the trucker slave class

The what exactly?

Toronto delivers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My fists are so powerful they have to be registered as weapons

Toronto man: hold my prune juice.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Firstly, they are not slaves; if they were they wouldn't be complaining about needing to find other work if they don't get vaccinated. Secondly, it's a few truckers and several thousand Larpers who just showed up to burn stuff, drink, and poo poo all over other people's lives. The industry association disavowed these yahoos, and over 90% of truckers are already double vaxxed.

Finally, the ones in Ottawa won't have their trucking jobs unless they clear out by 10 AM Monday morning, because all the big rigs are marked and identifiable and they are going to get named in the class action suit unless they sign the release and get out of town.

https://twitter.com/PaulChampLaw/status/1490116099727413249/photo/1

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

infernal machines posted:

The what exactly?

Toronto delivers

:itwaspoo:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Servetus posted:

Firstly, they are not slaves; if they were they wouldn't be complaining about needing to find other work if they don't get vaccinated. Secondly, it's a few truckers and several thousand Larpers who just showed up to burn stuff, drink, and poo poo all over other people's lives. The industry association disavowed these yahoos, and over 90% of truckers are already double vaxxed.

Finally, the ones in Ottawa won't have their trucking jobs unless they clear out by 10 AM Monday morning, because all the big rigs are marked and identifiable and they are going to get named in the class action suit unless they sign the release and get out of town.

lmao. This is like those Jan 6th confessional signups that went around.

Good lord I hope these geniuses sign up.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

With the tens of millions, possibly even billions of enslaved truckers participating in these noble protests, is there even any indication of significant supply chain issues? Apart from what the protesters themselves are blocking at the Alberta border crossing, that is, it doesn't seem like enough actual truckers are involved for there to be noticeable issues.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I heard poo poo is hosed up

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Servetus posted:

Every employer already knows which trucks and which truckers are in Ottawa.

This lawsuit is a civil lawsuit brought by a private citizen. It has no government authority behind it.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

in before "false flag antifa"

(thread)

https://twitter.com/TiMunoz/status/1490474248988766210?s=20&t=1JxqWTH4NLQUzjnw5k6QmA

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lassitude posted:

With the tens of millions, possibly even billions of enslaved truckers participating in these noble protests, is there even any indication of significant supply chain issues? Apart from what the protesters themselves are blocking at the Alberta border crossing, that is, it doesn't seem like enough actual truckers are involved for there to be noticeable issues.

Jason Kenney had to post pictures of empty shelves from Texas in 2020 to prove Trudeaus mandates were causing shortages so no, everything is fine even though 18 trillion Canadian truckers are busy fighting for freedom.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Every employer already knows which trucks and which truckers are in Ottawa.

This lawsuit is a civil lawsuit brought by a private citizen. It has no government authority behind it.

Why are you water carrying for domestic terrorists?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bunnyofdoom posted:

Cause the cops told him he'd go to jail if they caught him carrying diesel.

But don't worry guys, Luloff assures us there are good people on both sides, and if we only stop screaming because they building they locked us inside is on fire, we'll be able to hear their reasonable arguments, just as soon as that guy stops shouting racial slurs at the woman the city told very clearly to stay indoors, lest her Indigenousness provoke someone to violence.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Also don't worry, the ambulance will take you to the hospital, after it drives through a hail of rocks thrown st jt

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

bunnyofdoom posted:

Are either of my two sentences you quoted incorrect? If so, tell me how.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Are either of my two sentences you quoted incorrect? If so, tell me how.

I, and other posters have you incredibly waste of air

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fun fact: 90% of the truckers are delivering. This is just 10% of dumbfucks. Also gently caress right off

Waaay less than 10%. Significantly less than 1%, even. There are like a million trucks on the road (1,122,565 vehicles over 4500kgs registered in 2019 according to Statscan). How many trucks are actually in Ottawa? I can’t seem to find any reliable numbers, but the OPP report of about 100 in the convoy a week ago would be about one hundredth of one percent.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

bunnyofdoom posted:

I, and other posters have you incredibly waste of air

I am wrong that the companies already don't know which of their employees/contractors are at the protest?

Or I am wrong that the lawsuit references is a civil lawsuit and not a criminal proceeding?

I'm sorry, but I missed if anyone addressed those issues in the one post between me pointing those out and you being sanctimonious.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Here's a fun idea. Responding to literally everyone calling you out on your bullshit this thread.

Also read about them trying to comitt mass murder up thread.

Why the gently caress you defending this tiny minority of truckers who are domestic terrorists?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Or I am wrong that the lawsuit references is a civil lawsuit and not a criminal proceeding?

I'm sorry, but I missed if anyone addressed those issues in the one post between me pointing those out and you being sanctimonious.

Someone addressed that issue before you posted.

lmao. This is like those Jan 6th confessional signups that went around.

Good lord I hope these geniuses sign up.

The class action lawyer is asking the john does to sign letters confessing to having been here, in a commercial vehicle, causing a giant nuisance. Even if the lawyer didn't voluntarily hand that info immediately to the province, knowing he sent the letters out puts the MTO and the cops on notice that they'll be able to fetch that information and do the needful.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Here's a fun idea. Responding to literally everyone calling you out on your bullshit this thread.

Also read about them trying to comitt mass murder up thread.

Why the gently caress you defending this tiny minority of truckers who are domestic terrorists?

I'm not even sure if they're defending the protesters. Like, I haven't seen any kind of coherent thread in their posts at all, so I'm kinda assuming they just wanted to troll with the phrase "trucker slave class" and rolled with it from there.

flakeloaf posted:

Someone addressed that issue before you posted.

The class action lawyer is asking the john does to sign letters confessing to having been here, in a commercial vehicle, causing a giant nuisance. Even if the lawyer didn't voluntarily hand that info immediately to the province, knowing he sent the letters out puts the MTO and the cops on notice that they'll be able to fetch that information and do the needful.

It's a thing of beauty, and at least in the states it worked incredibly well for how obvious it was.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 7, 2022

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Vaccination is a condition of employment for my job. I probably make less than a trucker. Am I in the office slave class?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Yes

Not because of the vaccine though, that's just tangential

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

I am wrong that the companies already don't know which of their employees/contractors are at the protest?

Neither point makes their situation better. Private companies knowing about their drivers activities makes the companies liable for their crimes, but it hardly removes liability from the drivers. And that applies to both the private lawsuits and the public prosecutions when they come.

And yes, this waiver is for the civil lawsuit; it will not stop the Ministry of Transport from pulling the licenses of truckers who flagrantly violated the regulations on the profession, nor will it stay Federal investigations in acts of intimidation, violence, and terrorism that took place. It just gets them out of being sued. That may not be enough for these drivers to keep their lives together when the gears of the state begin to grind them, but it's something.

https://convoytraitors.ca/

And we've already identified a lot of companies whose trucks were involved.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm not even sure if they're defending the protesters. Like, I haven't seen any kind of coherent thread in their posts at all, so I'm kinda assuming they just wanted to troll with the phrase "trucker slave class" and rolled with it from there.

I'm going to be fair here because you're kind of right about my ambivalence, but I'm not actually trolling.

I tend to hate the environment around protests because I think that it causes everyone to be an idiot. I look at some truckers who don't want to get vaccinated: fine. I see they want to protest at the capital: fine. It's a capital. That's kind of what capitals are for. If you don't want to be part of politics then there are plenty of cites you can live in that are not the seat of the government.

I'd prefer they'd all just talk to their co-workers, get their numbers up, and then just sit at home and strike to prove their point. But they chose to sit their rigs in a capital city. Not the best option in my opinion, but whatever.

But as much as I think protests are usually useless, I see the counter claiming that they are nazis, and they are trying blow up apartment buildings, and other such nonsense. It's lunacy. Everyone claiming this is an insincere lunatic.

So now we have two dumb sides. Which side is dumber? The side thinking that parked trucks are nazis who are there to blow up apartments is the dumber side.

If we ever want peaceful protest to work instead of violent revolt, then we cannot contort every peaceful protest into a violent nazi affront because someone saw one rear end in a top hat with a swastika flag.

So my stance is against those exaggerating the protests, and not for or against the protest itself.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
It's too bad that the health care slave class is forced to get vaccinated and go back to work to care for the endless waves of unvaccinated chuds that threaten to infect them and their families with a deadly plague.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I'm going to be fair here because you're kind of right about my ambivalence, but I'm not actually trolling.

I tend to hate the environment around protests because I think that it causes everyone to be an idiot. I look at some truckers who don't want to get vaccinated: fine. I see they want to protest at the capital: fine. It's a capital. That's kind of what capitals are for. If you don't want to be part of politics then there are plenty of cites you can live in that are not the seat of the government.

I'd prefer they'd all just talk to their co-workers, get their numbers up, and then just sit at home and strike to prove their point. But they chose to sit their rigs in a capital city. Not the best option in my opinion, but whatever.

But as much as I think protests are usually useless, I see the counter claiming that they are nazis, and they are trying blow up apartment buildings, and other such nonsense. It's lunacy. Everyone claiming this is an insincere lunatic.

So now we have two dumb sides. Which side is dumber? The side thinking that parked trucks are nazis who are there to blow up apartments is the dumber simde.

If we ever want peaceful protest to work instead of violent revolt, then we cannot contort every peaceful protest into a violent nazi affront because someone saw one rear end in a top hat with a swastika flag.

So my stance is against those exaggerating the protests, and not for or against the protest itself.

K but this protest is incredibly nazi. It is hell of a lot more than one rear end in a top hat with a flag.

For instance how about the attempted Mass Murder you keep ignoring?

Edit: actually gently caress you. How the gently caress can you look at 9 days of them doing the constant setting off fireworks, blasting goddamned train horns, assaulting people, and say "nah this all just overblown". You absolutely do support them and are trying to suck their dicks. gently caress right off with this gaslighting poo poo

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 7, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

So now we have two dumb sides. Which side is dumber? The side thinking that parked trucks are nazis who are there to blow up apartments is the dumber side.

This protest was started by a chronic wingnut who drives a Winnebago, the actual commercial truckers involved are very few, and largely tangential to the movement. The reason truckers aren't striking en masse is because they largely do not have a problem with the vaccine mandate, which as has been noted, is actually required by the US for entry anyway.

This is a big tent protest and much like every big tent protest it has brought out a lot of people with extreme views and nonsensical grievances against everything, they've been left to their own devices for over a week now and poo poo has gotten out of hand in a lot of ways. This has been documented more or less reliably in this very thread, with pictures and video in some cases. What you choose to believe is up to you, but the information is there.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2022

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"If you don't want to be criminally harassed and threatened with death for going outside, don't live near a legislature that didn't do what a group of lunatics is mad about" sure is a take.

quote:

It literally happened. People flew swastika and confederate flags on purpose, and defended their use. Nobody needs to "claim" they're racists, or homophobes, or that they're assaulting people (many of whom are BIPOC) in the streets and threatening them with violence; rape; death -- these things are actually, verifiably happening. Your calling it a "claim" is insincere.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 2, 2022

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

bunnyofdoom posted:

K but this protest is incredibly nazi. It is hell of a lot more than one rear end in a top hat with a flag.

For instance how about the attempted Mass Murder you keep ignoring?

By mass murder you mean the twitter post you found that showed a still frame of two people in a hall? Have we seen the video? Have we identified the people? How often does arson happen in Ottawa outside of trucker protests? Are these people associated with the convoy? Can crimes unrelated to the convoy happen even if the convoy is in town? Is one of the people in the picture you?

This is what you are basing mass murder on? Is this your unassailable base that you keep coming back to?

[img]

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Seems a little more serious than the one still:
https://twitter.com/TiMunoz/status/1490473045965815812

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

That tweet has been posted three times in two pages. It's not like The Human Crouton didn't see it the first two times, they just appear to reject the idea that it proves something about the nature of the protest.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Almost like they are arguing in bad faith or something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Weird that.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh sure, if you actually read the source then you'll get a sense of what's happening, but then you won't be able to make a bunch of angry sea lion noises.

Turns out the Coventry camp (with the saunas) wasn't being dismantled after all, the cops just seized their fuel. According to the protesters, they're down about 3200L of it -- which could either mean the cops left with two half-full faygo bottles, or that a line of eleventy-five fuel trucks was filled to bursting

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah gently caress I shouldn't engage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If you don't want to be part of politics then there are plenty of cites you can live in that are not the seat of the government.

There's plenty of other reasons to live in a city. Why does this logical not then extent to provincial capitals, which does not leave a lot of big Canadian cities one can live in and "avoid" politics. Like holy hell this might be the dumbest loving point.

This isn't exactly a regular protest. Most protest don't even come close to being a fraction as disruptive.

So now we have two dumb sides. Which side is dumber?
The dumber side is definitely the people protesting petty poo poo like selfish children, in the wrong loving place.

Or maybe it's people like you with this utterly stupid centrism garbage that constantly gives cover to ever increasing extremism from the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

By mass murder you mean the twitter post you found that showed a still frame of two people in a hall? Have we seen the video? Have we identified the people? How often does arson happen in Ottawa outside of trucker protests? Are these people associated with the convoy? Can crimes unrelated to the convoy happen even if the convoy is in town? Is one of the people in the picture you?

This is what you are basing mass murder on? Is this your unassailable base that you keep coming back to?

[timg][img]https://i.imgur.com/CWRcs3X.jpg[/timg]

at least one of the arsonists was dumb enough to not wear a mask (in yet another context) so he's going to be caught, and when he turns out to be from out of town and we find out how he got there you'll be finding a way to call it a false flag anyways or just say "well it was just a small fire" or some other excuse.