Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

chumbler posted:

It is a word whose modern usage has made me wish to never see it again.

See also: "creepy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

wholesome or comfy

kill one, be stuck with the other

Kill wholesome. Comfy at least has kept some association between its use and its meaning.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

wholesome or comfy

kill one, be stuck with the other

This is one hell of a sophie's choice but I guess it's wholesome's time to go.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Srice posted:

This is one hell of a sophie's choice but I guess it's wholesome's time to go.
Judgement rendered.

In its place is born... Moistcore

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im going to kill them both

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I mean, you could have the exact same characterization and plot, but if Gojo was a teacher instead of a classmate, it wouldn't be wholesome no more

yes if you change a normal story to have a weird thing it does become weird

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
Absolutely disgusted at the thought of people seeing a show about nice people being nice to each other and calling it wholesome

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

chumbler posted:

It is a word whose modern usage has made me wish to never see it again.
The word that needs to be flung from net parlance forever is 'underrated.' My eye twitches whenever I see someone posting a clip from MHA or AoT and calling some household name mega-brand underrated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Who's calling mha underrated?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nemo2342 posted:

I mean, I’d call it wholesome because it consistently promotes the message that people should be able to enjoy what they like and be who they want to be regardless of gender stereotypes.

Level 1 Thief posted:

Absolutely disgusted at the thought of people seeing a show about nice people being nice to each other and calling it wholesome

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Level 1 Thief posted:

Finally, people telling it how it is. Only dower depressing stories from now on please!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Squidster posted:

The word that needs to be flung from net parlance forever is 'underrated.' My eye twitches whenever I see someone posting a clip from MHA or AoT and calling some household name mega-brand underrated.

let the teens have their fun

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but that leads to dancing

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Level 1 Thief posted:

This but sincerely.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
You people have some loving emotional issues. :stare:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's true that 'i'm tired of the word wholesome being used to mean regular people talking to each other in a normal way' and 'i wish all stories were berserk' are the same thought

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

for real though this is a weird convo and Imo wholesome is an underrated word

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the lets get into bl show is the wholseomsest show this season

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You wholesome, you losesome.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

more like holesome, because there's so many random timeskips you don't get a solid narrative!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people really are not understanding what is being said here lol

people are just mildly venting about the word 'wholesome' being overused in dumb meme ways on twitter/reddit or whatever, this isnt some actual narrative critique lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remembering the Wholesome Games backlash where a few people complained about how queer games were kind of being hamstrung into having to be 'wholesome' as a marketing thing and kotaku put out this insane hit piece about how anyone with even mild complaints is setting back gay rights, and one of the people running the wholesome games showcase compared it to apartheid.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

people really are not understanding what is being said here lol

people are just mildly venting about the word 'wholesome' being overused in dumb meme ways on twitter/reddit or whatever, this isnt some actual narrative critique lol

I make up my own interpretation of what is being said and post accordingly

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

more like holesome, because there's so many random timeskips you don't get a solid narrative!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was just wanting to say I really like Sasaki to Miyano.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

dogsicle posted:

more like holesome

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do not gently caress ace

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

kater posted:

I was just wanting to say I really like Sasaki to Miyano.

it's good!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i think sasamiya was definitely falsely sold to me as slow burn, because i imagine slow burn as the process of falling in love and not "instant attraction and being too stupid and/or scared to say it"

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Davincie posted:

the low iq viewer: bisque doll, wholesome

the high iq gentleman: akebi, feet

When the first episode aired I thought the people saying it was a feet show were being weird and reading too much into one scene, but now I have to admit that yeah they have a point. It's still a pretty show but it's like watching a Tarantino movie where you're just waiting for the out-of-place closeup that was crammed into the story this week.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Namtab posted:

Im going to kill them both

hell yeah, shounen battle anime ONLY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

hell yeah, shounen battle anime ONLY

its taken me years to notice deadpool in your avatar

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Who, specifically, do you mean by "you people"? That's a heck of a thing to vaguely throw out there!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

Who, specifically, do you mean by "you people"? That's a heck of a thing to vaguely throw out there!

It’s a heel turn

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Actually, it's you. Scared?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

not a very wholesome post

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I will say I’m glad sasaki and miyano got to having the side cast featuring more heavily because my opinions on fluffier romcoms live and die on the side cast

I just don’t feel super invested in the main duo unfortunately and the constant time skips and flashbacks are kinda disorienting even if it’s a pretty straightforward story

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bisque Doll continues to be cute.

Strongest Sage is so rote it's boring me.

Need to check in on Mushroom Bro.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All I've been watching is Leadale and Priconne. I keep meaning to watch bisque doll and some stuff from last season. Princess connect is real good though.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to watch Leadale though, the main character is kinda unlikable

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm ambivalent on Leadale. I'll probably keep it as something to watch on Wednesdays, but it's pretty rote. Kinda sad, if what I have heard was correct and this was actually one of the early isekai stories. Maybe if it had come out back when it was new then it would have been seen as more unique. Now, it's just one more in a sea of such shows.

Meanwhile, Miss Kuroitsu continues to be silly, goofy fun, and watching things like Cannon being henpecked by Hydra's dragon heads is a delight. Haven't had this much fun with an evil organization since "Excel Saga." Not as good, but still enjoyable.

HAIL IL PALAZZO! :rock: