Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Is my boy Howie running again in 2024, getting my vote primed and ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sure why not. national electoral politics is utterly meaningless. lmfao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Bqwhatever.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Good soup! posted:

if not there's always kanye

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I assume La Riva will be running again so that my love for hopeless causes will have an outlet.

(I also assume I'll contract some debilitating illness that will prevent me from voting again as I did both in 2020 and 2021).

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just want the Democrats to offer people something, anything. Just literally anything. Like how about a loving lollipop for every American every 10th birthday??

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just want the Democrats to offer people something, anything. Just literally anything. Like how about a loving lollipop for every American every 10th birthday??

whoa whoa whoa

you want jeff bezos' kids to get free lollipops? they could afford billions of lollipops, they don't need free ones from the government

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

listen, fat, they're offering war with Russia, ok? we need a war to keep our big beautiful military happy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnnyb312/status/1490695169955577857

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When I said every 10th birthday I meant a lollipop every 10 years. Like on your 10th birthday, your 20th, your 30th, etc. Though it would probably be watered down to just your 10th and then not passed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

to do this, imagine my unreality life scenario, where you simply just do it from point A to point B, why is it so hard in your real life where you are going from point A to F then back to C and then D but you can't get to B???

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

When I said every 10th birthday I meant a lollipop every 10 years. Like on your 10th birthday, your 20th, your 30th, etc. Though it would probably be watered down to just your 10th and then not passed

One cheap sucker on the 10th birthday for the children of POC small business owners in disadvantaged neighborhoods. Limit one per household; if it’s a set of twins they must share it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just refi ur student loans, it's so easy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yesterday I announced that, as president, I will give a birthday lollipop to the children of Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Lastgirl posted:

to do this, imagine my unreality life scenario, where you simply just do it from point A to point B, why is it so hard in your real life where you are going from point A to F then back to C and then D but you can't get to B???

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Yesterday I announced that, as president, I will give a birthday lollipop to the children of Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

she was so proud of that and thought it was an incredible mic drop policy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
think about all the equity you can cash out of your student loans with a refi! private finance hates it!

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

vyelkin posted:

wow, president Harris!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a primate posted:

wow, president Harris!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zegermans posted:

she was so proud of that and thought it was an incredible mic drop policy

yes and now she's one very old heartbeat away from the presidency so I guess it worked

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

ex post facho posted:

think about all the equity you can cash out of your student loans with a refi! private finance hates it!

bragging about your capital leverage ratio referring to your multi million dollar student debt with 0 assets

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

yes and now she's one very old heartbeat away from the presidency so I guess it worked

at this point if joe biden died i think the dems would just pretend like kamala harris doesn't exist and try to modify the succession

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

dnc tweet: it is with great sadness we report the loss of Joe Biden, but our succession plan is in place and active and vice president hillary clinton will now replace himi as president and will be appointing a new vice president

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

vyelkin posted:

wait if Biden kicks the bucket and Harris is president, does that mean mayor pete becomes VP?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

refinance it, with a higher APY don't worry you can pay it faster

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

a primate posted:

wait if Biden kicks the bucket and Harris is president, does that mean mayor pete becomes VP?

i honestly don't know if they would get any replacement VP confirmed because I don't know who breaks a 50/50 tie in the Senate if there is no sitting VP, and the Republicans would absolutely never vote to appoint a new VP just in case they could impeach Harris and get a Republican speaker into the White House

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I see no reason for the dems to abandon Kamala; she's a slam-dunk loser. If Joe dies and Trump runs it's the easiest Dem loss to profit and fundraise over. See, it's not that she's an incredibly weird and evil nutjob who nobody likes, America is just too racist and sexist. Alas, we'll have to move further right for next time!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Good soup! posted:

Voting Kanye unless Republicans back a Marxist-Leninist.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

democrats delenda est

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

a primate posted:

democrats delenda est

good news! after this year, it'll be illegal to elect a democrat

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

maybe, but on the other hand, who would want to?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

vyelkin posted:

i honestly don't know if they would get any replacement VP confirmed because I don't know who breaks a 50/50 tie in the Senate if there is no sitting VP, and the Republicans would absolutely never vote to appoint a new VP just in case they could impeach Harris and get a Republican speaker into the White House

Nobody breaks the tie if there isn't a VP. Effectively no party would have a majority in the senate. In all likelihood the office would remain vacant until the next presidential election, which isn't as shocking as it sounds because the VP does very little and the office has remained unfilled with surprising frequency in US history. Speaker Pelosi would be next in line in the succession, the senate would continue to do very little.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
am i remembering wrong, or was the senate tied on some bills in early 2020 before the dems assigned their current rotating villains? and then harris just... didn't bother to do her only job?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that sounds right, sure

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

am i remembering wrong, or was the senate tied on some bills in early 2020 before the dems assigned their current rotating villains? and then harris just... didn't bother to do her only job?

a senator flipped and switched control of the chamber to the dems early in the dubya admin, then in the 2002 midterms the dems got wiped and lost the senate for real, including majority leader daschle. I think I've got that timeline correct

edit lmfao I read that as 2000s, rip

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Biden/Pence 2024

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao