Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Shifty Nipples posted:

i thought that i heard you crappin'
i thought that i heard you pee

I thought I read I owned this place...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Re fake meat chat, Morning Star is the only brand I'll use for the crumbles. Their chorizo crumbles are really good for tacos.

I have some tofu in my fridge and I'm afraid to try and cook it. The last time I tried it did not go well.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
is there a doomer Reddit

I feel like there’s gotta be at least one

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You make everything normal again by chanting “A, B, C, D, I DECLARE ENDEMICITY”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Resign and give your stash of MVFPN95 to your needy constituents.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

is there a doomer Reddit

r/collapse and it’s slowly being taken over by insane reactionaries

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Potato Salad posted:

yeah but what happens when even the low paid backbone that picks up the slack can't think anymore because they have a neurological condition that is biochemically similar to Alzheimer's

that's like, at least 4 quarters from now

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
The main reason is that if we start to feel unwell, I need to confirm it's Covid before utilizing my Ivermectin. Early treatment is key & I won't be able to find it as easily now as I did last Spring. We only used a fraction of my 50 ml bottle & it doesn't expire until 2023. I'd hate to waste it on something that turned out to be allergies, or strep throat, since it knocked the covid right out of us within 12 hours of the first dose.

The second reason is that we have a responsibility to protect others; the vaccinated, the unvaccinated & the elderly, who don't have access to early & effective treatment. Knowing that we were positive would allow us to start isolating for the recommended 5 days, before we have symptoms. When we had covid in January, we were exposed for 3 days straight to a person who didn't know they were positive (they were sick but didn't bother to get tested until we did, grrr), before we started having symptoms ourselves. That's 3 days of unknowing & unintentional exposure risk for every gas station & grocery store I went in to. It was also frustrating to have to isolate during those last 3 days of the 5 days when we already felt so good. I wanted to hit some popular hiking trails; we were fine. If I had access to the rapid tests on the first day of exposure, my 5 days could have been over with by the time my symptoms were gone (2 days).

Sitting indoors after covid isn't good for you. You have to move around to prevent the covid pneumonia. These tests will allow you to get back at it sooner & keep yourself healthy. If having the test available means I only stay at home for 5 days instead of 8; that's a win for me.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

when the whole world has gone insane only SA remains a bastion of sanity

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

I mean - every story being told that acks things being bad is a reactionary one

so yea, gonna be a lot of that :smith:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Koirhor posted:

when the whole world has gone insane only SA remains a bastion of sanity

I have bad news for you.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
lmao sorry that was a c/p from city-data

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CaptainBeefart posted:

Re fake meat chat, Morning Star is the only brand I'll use for the crumbles. Their chorizo crumbles are really good for tacos.

I have some tofu in my fridge and I'm afraid to try and cook it. The last time I tried it did not go well.

Morningstar sausage works extremely well in stuffing waffles, it turns out most of the flavor of sausage comes from the spices and sage. I’ve made vegan stuffing waffles and most people couldn’t even tell. Even vegan friends are astounded by it!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

r/latestagecapitalism is the better r/collapse

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Morningstar sausage works extremely well in stuffing waffles, it turns out most of the flavor of sausage comes from the spices and sage. I’ve made vegan stuffing waffles and most people couldn’t even tell. Even vegan friends are astounded by it!

Excuse me but... stuffing waffles? I am intrigued.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jonjkerr/status/1491064878282731522?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/EWoodhouse7/status/1490722658748616711?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/TheMarieOakes/status/1491162953110126593?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/fox32news/status/1491079438905352196?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ

The white people are going crazy about masks in Illinois schools.

The private Catholic schools are feeling it to. The students there generally tend to be from wealthier families, and parents that wanted to avoid the labor struggles and COVID restrictions in Chicago public schools shifted to them in the past two years. The thing is, the Catholic schools have, if anything, shut down and gone to remote more often than the public schools. The Catholic schools were just better at keeping their measures out of the news.

Now that the Catholic schools are enforcing mask mandates, which legally I believe they can do, families are upset.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol of.course its all the private burb schools

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

is there a doomer Reddit

I’m sure Masks4All is getting there

they like their masks, after all

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

CaptainBeefart posted:

Excuse me but... stuffing waffles? I am intrigued.

Okay make the batter from this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/classic-sage-and-sausage-stuffing-or-dressing-recipe

then stick it in a waffle maker like this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/stuffing-waffles-recipe

Serve with (maple syrup) + (gravy or butter)

For vegetarian, replace the sausage with morning star and the chicken broth with vegetable broth

For vegan replace the eggs with Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer and replace the butter with vegan butter, and make sure the bread has no eggs/whey or dairy

I made a ton for Thanksgiving/Xmas meals to go on my porch for people who didn’t feel safe meeting their parents for the holidays

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 9, 2022

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Okay make the batter from this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/classic-sage-and-sausage-stuffing-or-dressing-recipe

then stick it in a waffle maker like this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/stuffing-waffles-recipe

Serve with (maple syrup) + (gravy or butter)

For vegetarian, replace the sausage with morning star and the chicken broth with vegetable broth

For vegan replace the eggs with Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer and replace the butter with vegan butter, and make sure the bread has no eggs/whey or dairy

Hell yeah this sounds delicious. Thanks! 😋

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Some jobs actually require at least a couple people to not be brain damaged and have a work ethic, not everything can be run on “mindless drones”. I think op was talking about those kind of jobs.

We have robots for those, at least we better because if not then :rubby:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/parent_chicago/status/1491144819292655616?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/parent_chicago/status/1491160803780997120?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/Awake_IL/status/1491131173724389377?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Jesus Christ lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I imagine that he did not consider that possibility.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wow, what great pro choice advocacy

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/jonjkerr/status/1491064878282731522?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/EWoodhouse7/status/1490722658748616711?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/TheMarieOakes/status/1491162953110126593?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/fox32news/status/1491079438905352196?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ

The white people are going crazy about masks in Illinois schools.

The private Catholic schools are feeling it to. The students there generally tend to be from wealthier families, and parents that wanted to avoid the labor struggles and COVID restrictions in Chicago public schools shifted to them in the past two years. The thing is, the Catholic schools have, if anything, shut down and gone to remote more often than the public schools. The Catholic schools were just better at keeping their measures out of the news.

Now that the Catholic schools are enforcing mask mandates, which legally I believe they can do, families are upset.

I'm lmao at masks being called an "experimental medical device:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
American Catholics are gonna have a schism with the church over whether or not plagues are real.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

how... how is it staying on :psyduck:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Lol at vernon hills I work right near there and it's yuppy town USA, not surprised at all.

Looks like I need to up my aggression towards non maskers :getin:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Wisest Moron posted:

I'm lmao at masks being called an "experimental medical device:

Thanks CDC

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Wrex Ruckus posted:

rubber bands on N95s are taiiiight

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

not_superiority posted:

something pretty similar happened with my eczema. turns out milk was causing flare ups my whole rear end life and no one thought about it until i saw some woowoo blog about dairy flaring up their eczema and I asked. "Oh well you could try cutting out dairy but it's bad to cut out whole food groups"

turns out it was dairy and that's when I realized people get really hung up on fuckin cheese

My doctor told me I was wrong a few years ago when he tried to prescribe me Welbutrin and I told him my therapist had done that 15 years ago and it gave me crazy fits of anger.

He also prescribed asthma meds to me for having a shortness of breath problem in April 2020 while also saying I didn’t have it.

Also prayer can help depression, and hydroxychloriquine works!

I have a new doctor now.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Morbus posted:

My brother has always said going to the doctor is like calling comcast tech support, just for people instead of modems, and I think he's on to something

I've got a friend who did tech support at a company with me, but he got sick of it and studied to become a doctor instead. He's now in New York dealing with COVID patients, but on a rare day off we had a Zoom get-together and he confirmed that a lot of medical practice runs on the same principles for diagnostics.

It was on my mind again listening to a telehealth nurse repeat questions to my mom. The nurse was obviously struggling to find a match with her flowchart. COVID isn't real after all, must be a stomach flu.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

CaptainBeefart posted:

Give one of these a shot and use a non-stick pan of some sort.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wrex Ruckus posted:

It’ll stay on fine with one strap but there certainly a huge gap under her chin and no seal and she probably did it on purpose because she thinks it makes it easier to breathe and considers masks either worthless or just a talisman.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

idk who to talk to about this but i'm requesting a 7 day probe because i need a break from posting. i was having a really good day 2 or 3 times today, then logged in and immediately began hating everything as i learned more about the world around me

i'll see you all next week, but i'd like my probe message to be the mod's favorite pizza pie

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sausage breakfast pizza? you tryin to pick a fight, bud?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Thoguh posted:

American Catholics are gonna have a schism with the church over whether or not plagues are real.

Caring for the sick and vulnerable sounds like some communist bullshit. Christ would never ask us to do such a thing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

empty whippet box posted:

sausage breakfast pizza? you tryin to pick a fight, bud?

Midwesterns will fight to the death for the honor of Casey’s breakfast pizza.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Thoguh posted:

It’ll stay on fine with one strap but there certainly a huge gap under her chin and no seal and she probably did it on purpose because she thinks it makes it easier to breathe and considers masks either worthless or just a talisman.

Yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol i can never see any of those weird 'our childrens smiling faces' tweets without thinking of your old post

Atrocious Joe posted:

September 13, 2025

School Board President Mark Smith of Unified School District 259 has declared that mask wearing is "an affront to God" and announced that mask wearing is a capital offense within the boarders of the district. The new announcement was made during a meeting of USD 259 School Board in Lincoln, Nebraska, where it was passed unanimously. "We need to see the smiles on the faces of our children and our beautiful soldiers," Smith said to packed crowd in Memorial Stadium. The millions of residents that live in the district are now not only cut off from vaccine supplies, but must face the Tau variant without masks as well.

Leaders of most neighboring powers have officially condemned the move as a threat to the health of all citizens of the United States. Privately though, sources say they hope this move will help to reverse the advances made by the District in recent months. The drive east made by District forces was only stopped when their attempt to cross the Mississippi River was met by Canadian and Federal airstrikes. Since the failed crossing earlier this month, most fighting has centered around the northern suburbs of St. Louis. For weeks, Great Lakes Compact forces there have been engaged in bloody house to house fighting with USD 259 militias.

Head of the Confederacy of Texas School Districts Greg Abbot stands out for not yet commenting on the USD 259 policy. Texas has been widely criticized for providing military and economic support to USD 259, even in the aftermath of the massacre in Lawrence. This policy earned him popularity from hardline elements in the former state, but that support seems to be waning. The Texan leader has faced criticism from the anti-vaccine movement since it was revealed in early July that he receives a booster shot every two weeks. On his other flank, the Dallas Independent School District has once again began negotiations with Mexico about flying vaccines into the city.