Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

is there a doomer Reddit

I feel like there’s gotta be at least one

iirc masks4all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

text editor posted:

r/latestagecapitalism is the better r/collapse

Until you post in an SR they don't like and a bot bans you for it, regardless of what you posted or why you were there.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Wisest Moron posted:

Caring for the sick and vulnerable sounds like some communist bullshit. Christ would never ask us to do such a thing.

I know exactly two Catholics and they hate the current pope because he's too liberal.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Thoguh posted:

American Catholics are gonna have a schism with the church over whether or not plagues are real.

lol good

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol these states dropping mask mandates are absolutely being used as a pretense to let these people harass school districts until they drop theirs too.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Until you post in an SR they don't like and a bot bans you for it, regardless of what you posted or why you were there.

don’t post on Reddit

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol these states dropping mask mandates are absolutely being used as a pretense to let these people harass school districts until they drop theirs too.

lol yeah im hosed

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

covid is a regional problem

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
American catholics have long had significant problems with the so called papal authority. American exceptionalism comes out the best in our religions.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

It’s all about pushing responsibility to do something downward as far as possible and then providing the individual school districts zero support against crazies doing terrorisms.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thoguh posted:

It’s all about pushing responsibility to do something downward as far as possible and then providing the individual school districts zero support against crazies doing terrorisms.

Unless somehow a lower level does something you don't like and then you wreck their poo poo in court/pass a state level law to ban the THING.

I love living in a society.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wrex Ruckus posted:

how... how is it staying on :psyduck:

AOK Tooling makes a good product. It has a silicone seal all the way around.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

smiling faces? more like dying faces

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Also lol at those regional anti mask twitter accounts, surely a grass roots effort of concerned locals.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've had this big-brained idea for a while to make a falafel patty without the usual herbs but instead an amount of black beans (20% the amount of chickpeas?) and some yeast extract + savory spices for use as a patty replacement in junk food sandwiches

I keep feeling like the recipe just isn't there yet but dammit I gotta just try and fail a few times or it's never gonna get there!! :hai:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol “I need to see workers smiling faces” was the phrasing used to fight against mask orders in businesses too

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

DoombatINC posted:

I've had this big-brained idea for a while to make a falafel patty without the usual herbs but instead an amount of black beans (20% the amount of chickpeas?) and some yeast extract + savory spices for use as a patty replacement in junk food sandwiches

I keep feeling like the recipe just isn't there yet but dammit I gotta just try and fail a few times or it's never gonna get there!! :hai:

Sounds delicious I hope I come across your recipe some day. Try, fail, try again, fail better?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Lacrosse posted:

We have robots for those, at least we better because if not then :rubby:

I used to work for an AI company and we dealt with a lot of clients who were trying to replace portions of their workforce with robots and I feel confident saying we’re gonna need humans for awhile still.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I used to work for an AI company and we dealt with a lot of clients who were trying to replace portions of their workforce with robots and I feel confident saying we’re gonna need humans for awhile still.

Alexa set a timer for one minute.

Timer started, 4 minutes.

gently caress

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

maybe my kids 30% white district will keep masks on. the surrounding districts that are like 90% white though are mostly masks off anyway

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Warmachine posted:

smiling faces? dying faces
Mad World...

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Mods change my name to The Freedom Comprehender.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

tangy yet delightful posted:

Unless somehow a lower level does something you don't like and then you wreck their poo poo in court/pass a state level law to ban the THING.

Yet you participate in it. I am very intelligent.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/jonjkerr/status/1491064878282731522?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/EWoodhouse7/status/1490722658748616711?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/TheMarieOakes/status/1491162953110126593?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ
https://twitter.com/fox32news/status/1491079438905352196?s=20&t=J9ynitG15NN_FZg_tUPEfQ

The white people are going crazy about masks in Illinois schools.

The private Catholic schools are feeling it to. The students there generally tend to be from wealthier families, and parents that wanted to avoid the labor struggles and COVID restrictions in Chicago public schools shifted to them in the past two years. The thing is, the Catholic schools have, if anything, shut down and gone to remote more often than the public schools. The Catholic schools were just better at keeping their measures out of the news.

Now that the Catholic schools are enforcing mask mandates, which legally I believe they can do, families are upset.

This is basically why napalm and other things like it were invented.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

not_superiority posted:

iirc masks4all

Masks4all I don’t think fits the bill entirely. Like half the regulars aren’t engaging with reality, they just have their own weird delusions like not trusting the mRNA vaccines and holding out for Novavax.

Masks are also to some extent a magical talisman to them, not in the way that surgical mask around Blue MAGA necks wards off COVID at brunch, they do at least demand quality in their talisman, but they are completely and utterly convinced that N95 are a panacea. They don’t like to think about how the system crushes us all.

It’s the equal and opposite of the Chise archetype, where the vaccine is a panacea and makes all non‐pharmaceutical intervention obsolete.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thoguh posted:

American Catholics are gonna have a schism with the church over whether or not plagues are real.

I'm psyched for this show, tbh.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Strep Vote posted:

I'm psyched for this show, tbh.

Two Popes! Two Popes! Two Popes!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

tangy yet delightful posted:

Same way the rest of our hierarchies are arranged. The top just exists to skim money and make grand pronouncements, the bottom is the one to make the money and plans happen, usually with few resources, guidance, or authority. When they finally get something together, the people at the top can take credit for what worked and utterly destroy anyone who didn't make a plan that gave them results they liked. All the responsibility, none of the authority.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Industrialsafety.com delivered my new respirator.

The tracking number for the shipment was emailed to me an hour after it arrived.

It contained only the respirator, in an unsealed bag, and not the three pack of filters that were also in the order.

Industrialsafety.com blows, I ordered the same stuff from rshughes.com last night so lets see how they do.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
An archdiocese trying to keep kids' mouths shut? I would never have imagined.

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1491169391051829250
https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1491169749153497092

Just mild schizophrenia and MS. Nothing to cancel brunch over.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Wisest Moron posted:

Caring for the sick and vulnerable sounds like some communist bullshit. Christ would never ask us to do such a thing.

When I care for the sick, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are sick, they call me a doomer.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

An archdiocese trying to keep kids' mouths shut? I would never have imagined.

Open, and then shut.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Platystemon posted:

When I care for the sick, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are sick, they call me a doomer.

:emptyquote:

Although I would edit it as "When I care for the sick, they call me essential"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

skooma512 posted:

:emptyquote:

Although I would edit it as "When I care for the sick, they call me essential"

Can't spell essential without saint.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Morbus posted:

I thought I read I owned this place...

oh no i peed too much
i haven't peed enough

that was just some pee
that was just some pee

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 9, 2022

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
for your doomer listening pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy1DhPiN_KE

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 9, 2022

Iverron
May 13, 2012

friend’s dad in hospice care tested positive sometime around the end of January, had cold like symptoms but was doing ok and due to return to his normal room tomorrow

friend gets a call first thing this morning that his o2 has plummeted and he probably won’t make it through the night, “no ICU availability in the state”

this is all so hosed

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Glumwheels posted:

I loving hate these parents that blame masking on their kids not speaking or having speech development problems. Each kid develops differently, masking isn’t impacting it. The kid either doesn’t want to talk yet or there’s something else wrong (they’re just slow) and they need extra support.

Read to your kids more, speak to them about what you’re doing, and stop giving them an iPad to watch coco melon all day then blame there development issues on masking. loving dipshits.

This is something I’ve been wondering about. I for gently caress sure don’t have kids so maybe I’m out of my element here, but wouldn’t a lot of these development issues people are blaming on masks actually just be byproducts of being raised by the kind of person that’s going to demand that their child be allowed to catch covid more easily?

Like, I’ve seen these people at the grocery store with a ten year old in a stroller staring at his phone because that’s the only thing he knows how to do. Maybe these kids suck because nobody gives a poo poo about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

yaleforks posted:

loving owned
lol drat

Pryor on Fire posted:

There is a lot to unpack in this rectangle

thank you biden

Louisgod posted:

it's our sales kickoff this week and our first presenter is in the UK and couldn't fly in because he has covid (he's on day 9 and still popping positive). he opened his presentation by sharing this slide:

and reiterating people wear a mask, all while there's live video of people at our main office conversing and sitting next to each other with no mask. everything owns.
lmao