Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

IN Eugene, which is a city in Oregon.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

IN Eugene, which is a city in Oregon.

Sorry you're having such a rough day Lid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sorry you're having such a rough day Lid

Nah I deserve that one.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Beeswax posted:

Twitter is fine. If you incur brain damage then you have followed the wrong people. Only follow fun people and you'll have fun. :)

Twitter's trending tab loves spreading right-wing garbage regardless of what you do and some people don't know that there's a browser extension that allows you to get rid of it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Twitter is a cool place to post with your friends.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

Twitter's trending tab loves spreading right-wing garbage regardless of what you do and some people don't know that there's a browser extension that allows you to get rid of it.

Twitter's trending tab has the name of 2 random wrestlers and some other bullshit my eyes just kinda slide past.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1491191616304218112
https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1491192304430100481

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Do not even ask posted:

Never had any right wing dross in my trending tab. I'm just really good at twitter

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 9, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1491196314809368578

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do not even ask posted:

Twitter's trending tab is based on what you view the most

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do not even ask posted:

The only right wing garbage that shows up in my trending tab is WWE.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Twitter's trending tab is based on what you view the most

makes no sense to me since i avoid that poo poo like the plague unless the algorithm thinks that FGC shitposts and people who collect retro computers is related to people who say trudeau is going to enact sharia law or the occasional kpop trend

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beeswax posted:

Twitter is fine. If you incur brain damage then you have followed the wrong people. Only follow fun people and you'll have fun. :)

this is incorrect if you are even slightly a public figure on twitter (as in, 'you do enough that people you've never met will form an opinion on you')

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm smart enough not to be even slightly a public figure and instead crushing it at twitter

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wait, what? Was he in one of the shorts?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1491063696315269121

he might not be free but hes winning

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, what? Was he in one of the shorts?

I assumed he was joking but I haven't looked into it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for clarification in case someone needs to own me over my previous and ill thought out attempts of defending Jervis:

gently caress that dude 5ever. eat poo poo you lying corncob motherfucker.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lmao really stooping to this

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1491185992648507395?s=20&t=Qen9LDx37u90_MYnNa4daw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What is this about?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What is this about?

the first pic is dated 2 years ago

because the concept of someone having the same sunglasses and bathing suit over a 2 year period is unfathomable

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think the insinuation is that they're faking being on honeymoon because Keith Lee is showing up on dynamite

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

What is this about?

The one on the right (Mia with Keith) was posted today from her instagram. The one by herself on the left is from last year. Some believe the one with Lee is a red herring and was actually taken last year too, since the swimsuit and sunglasses are the same, and that her hair isn't colored like it was on their wedding a few days ago.

The pervading thought is they're trying to throw people off as to where they are really at. AEW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh. Well I did ask.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Why are people like this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zombie Lemur posted:

parasocial relationships and the pervasive idea that the person on the other side of the screen isn't as real as you

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This theory has legs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

This theory has legs

No they're cut off in the pictures

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

flatluigi posted:

parasocial relationships and the pervasive idea that the person on the other side of the screen isn't as real as you

It's weird that social media didn't humanize people and had the same exact opposite effect.

Still waiting for my 7th grade English teacher to retroactively give me an F on the paper I wrote about the internet making everyone smarter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

No they're cut off in the pictures

Keith debuts on Wednesday but he rolls to the ring in a little rascal scooter and walks around with a cane, because he has The Gout.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I actually find having the same sunglasses for two years unrealistic. But that may be a me problem. And I just buy the same ones again anyway so you couldn't actually tell. Anyway.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my sunglasses are prescription

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flatluigi posted:

It's ok for people to notice things like someone's hair being completely different colors day to day. Especially when wrestlers are having a little bit of fun trying to work their fans and the fans are picking up on it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

I actually find having the same sunglasses for two years unrealistic. But that may be a me problem. And I just buy the same ones again anyway so you couldn't actually tell. Anyway.

I always buy two of the same style off the $1 rack.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Zombie Lemur posted:

What people above have said but also wrestling has traditionally focused on working its audience and a good chunk of that audience want to unravel the work so they aren't "marks".

Other sports news can get gossipy but no sport gets as gossipy as wrestling because it trained entire generations of hardcore fans to be constantly trying to find out what was true and what was false.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

None of this seems very serious. Light, fun stuff. Hope I get to see my big friend again soon.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its cool to get worked by wrestlers IMO

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What annoys me about it is: it's a couple's honeymoon. And important life event for them both. A fun thing, an intimate thing, a real life thing.

Nup, none of that means gently caress all. What is more important is what company this man and woman I have never met work for, and how they are tricking me about it.

gently caress the fans.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the picture from 2 years ago is the worked pic and the current one is real. marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's not that serious