Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Warmachine posted:

If you're in a shared/communal living space and not a single family home you're already turbofucked w.r.t. air quality control. Opening the windows would be a net benefit compared to sucking down recycled communal air that has been in any number of units with no chance to disburse.

It's a 1BR in a typical suburban apartment complex (door opens to a staircase outside), thankfully not an apartment building. Before the pandemic we asked if the units were connected in any way and they told us no, so hopefully we're good. If not, then just lol.

Wish there were a safe way to buy a house and move during this. There's just too much risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bar Crow posted:

Everyone has given up on understanding how the material world works. Instead they make decisions by reacting to other people reactions. But now everyone is reacting to reactions of their own reactions and so on. They are uncontrollably jittering and clipping out of the environment.

This is a cult “yes and”ing themselves into mass suicide. They have to get rid of masks so they can gauge others reactions to their current bit.

:nsa:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Covid-19 Scenario Modeling Hub ran a few projections which included scenarios where there might be a new variant with increased transmissability and they still massively underestimated the numbers by a hilarious margin

https://covid19scenariomodelinghub.org/viz.html

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Why Am I So Tired posted:

It's a 1BR in a typical suburban apartment complex (door opens to a staircase outside), thankfully not an apartment building. Before the pandemic we asked if the units were connected in any way and they told us no, so hopefully we're good. If not, then just lol.

Wish there were a safe way to buy a house and move during this. There's just too much risk.

The place I was living before this was a gutted-and-converted house that had been built in like the 1890s, with everything on a single furnace.

I fell face-first into this SFH rental that was only marginally more expensive and frankly the risk of seeing it and signing paperwork was lower than staying in what could quickly become a plague-box.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

10.6% of the Danish population presently has PCR-confirmed COVID.

drat, sounds like there's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Just looking at Worldometers and I see that The Netherlands had 189k cases yesterday... goddamn. :stonk:

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

GMA had some segment on Ideal Diet and legumes were a smaller category than meat???

paid for by Tyson probably

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

When people talk about "restrictions" all they mean is literally any behavior that reminds them that we are in a pandemic

Even something someone else is voluntarily doing

They demand you crab bucket with them into oblivion so they can shovel Olive Garden down their gullet without feeling a pang of indignation

The freedom to get their server fired for wearing a mask

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thinking about everyone I know with a house just pissing that luxury away by having people over, it's enraging.

:goonsay:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Teenage Riot posted:

The freedom to get their server fired for wearing a mask

This is definitely the next phase. "I want to speak to the manager. We come here to enjoy a nice meal and friendly service, and we see the mask and we feel bad feelings, like subconscious guilt and fear. You need to tell the waiter to take off his mask or we won't be coming here again"

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mycomancy posted:

Why? Their buddies made a ton of money on that poo poo, and I guarantee an number of those leaders got kickbacks.

Seems like a great way to make money to me. Sell the government junk, get $$$.

Yeah, this is how most companies operate these days. Lockheed Martin isn't a defense company they're a shareholder value company. Planes and weapons do squirt out of one end but those are just byproducts. A climbing stock price is the product they sell.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Warmachine posted:

The place I was living before this was a gutted-and-converted house that had been built in like the 1890s, with everything on a single furnace.

I fell face-first into this SFH rental that was only marginally more expensive and frankly the risk of seeing it and signing paperwork was lower than staying in what could quickly become a plague-box.

Oh yeah in that case absolutely. In retrospect one of the best things that ever happened to us was getting priced out of the converted house we'd been living in in Seattle. Our former upstairs neighbor seems to have resumed the concert / restaurant / bar / party every night Open Biden lifestyle the day she got her first dose, we'd be completely hosed.

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:
Didn't think I had any more cracks to ping but Open Biden 2: Die Harder is really doing my head in, just feels great to not only be abandoned but have them rub it In. Rules.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
does anyone have the home depot filter chart that shows what the equivalent ratings are for MERV 13s and such?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chad Sexington posted:

Has anyone ITT gotten an on-the-books second booster yet?

I'm only three months out from my booster and I know max titers is always an option, just curious if there's going to be gatekeeping for shot No. 4.

I’m goin next week

we got turned around three weeks ago when we tried goin legit, because NY state (drat residual infrastructure!!) actually tracks people and flagged us as under the five month timeline.

no sweat that we absolutely bandited our third dose, they just know five months ago we had one. which I guess… fine. inconvenient, but fine

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

not_superiority posted:

paid for by Tyson probably

they used ~computer models~

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

Yeah but all the processed store food is killing you for profit.

i think veggie burgers are the only "processed" item I buy, I skip like 80% of the store

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

moist turtleneck posted:

Why is the optimal meat grey?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

BoldFace posted:

It's not like this is the first pandemic ever. Eventually, all they come to an end or shrink down to something like seasonal flu.

This takes years, decades, if not centuries.

Except for the one data point every lib internalized (1918 influenza) and even that didn't 'end' for 4-5 years after it began. We're barely halfway through the best case scenario.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

moist turtleneck posted:

so wait for the meat to turn grey and shrink up a bit, yeah

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

meat and dairy are totally optional, just make the grains & legumes the same size portion bing bong

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just realized they think the typical western diet involves vegetables

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

I am confounded how they think fruits and vegetables are that high currently

Maybe it counts French fries with ketchup as double vegetables

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

BoldFace posted:

It's not like this is the first pandemic ever. Eventually, all they come to an end or shrink down to something like seasonal flu.

it's just the seasonal flu bro, in that I get sick every time the season changes

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

not_superiority posted:

meat and dairy are totally optional, just make the grains & legumes the same size portion bing bong

I still have my backpacker meal planning chart somewhere, which lists what combinations of what food groups you need to make a complete protein without animal products. I can tell you that I've never felt as good (or pooped as good) as I did while eating very spartan trail meals made out of potato pearls and lentils.

Blend your mashed potatoes and lentils together and add some spice rack. Real gourmet poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol the first frame of the segment is talking about another thing that could take 10 to 100 years off your life expectancy

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Teenage Riot posted:

duhhhh fries with ketchup needs to be it's own food group in the typical american diet, with tendies as the other half

edit: again talking to my coworker this morning, she asked what I brought for lunch (just to make conversation I guess??) and I said beet soup (can't say borscht don't want to trigger anyone) and she's like "omggg you eat so healthy I wish I could do that"

she's got olive garden plans for lunch

call_of_qthulhu fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 9, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

lol the first frame of the segment is talking about another thing that could take 10 to 100 years off your life expectancy

"Have you tried exercise?" but instead of depression it's COVID.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
tear rolling down my eye as my vent fails me, I wish I had eaten more beans

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Teenage Riot posted:

Pizza As A Vegetable? It Depends On the Sauce

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

planting bean sprouts on the grave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDZnKWdvTUo

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

eat some beets along with your beans

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Koirhor posted:

because that portion of the population is a small % of people who would get their kids vaxxed.

my 9 year old is one of two kids in his class of 24 whose parents got him vaccinated

the powers that be no longer see the point in delaying a full return to “normality”

I assume that is the case too, but at least give those of us who want to vaccinate their kids a chance before opening up?

Just wait until schools add COVID vaccines as a required vaccine for kids, I bet the dems don’t have the balls to do it. I’m done voting if this is what both parties decide.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Teenage Riot posted:

I also consider pizza to be vegetables!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

I assume that is the case too, but at least give those of us who want to vaccinate their kids a chance before opening up?

Just wait until schools add COVID vaccines as a required vaccine for kids, I bet the dems don’t have the balls to do it. I’m done voting if this is what both parties decide.

It's going the opposite way since US politicians are drafting state level to get rid of mandatory vaccination for schools.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

If you've got money to buy a house, go ahead and buy a house. It's perfectly safe. You can do everything involved in viewing, buying, and moving while wearing a respirator. Wearing a respirator reduces your risk of contracting covid to essentially zero, even if you're right up close and personal with someone actively dying of covid (plus wear protective glasses or goggles if you want to, I suppose). Take it from someone who has been there dozens of times. Your concept of risk is completely uncoupled from reality.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So I've got a reasonable supply of 3M Vflex n95's and they've become my preferred everyday mask. My only issue is that they use the cheaper style of elastic band. That lead me to wonder: is anyone out there is making a clip-on aftermarket halo for N95's? It seems like it would be fairly easy to make a comfortable strap system with wider woven fabric elastic and some alligator clips that could take the place of the thinner rubber-band style straps on 9105s and 9205s.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

McCracAttack posted:

Yeah, this is how most companies operate these days. Lockheed Martin isn't a defense company they're a shareholder value company. Planes and weapons do squirt out of one end but those are just byproducts. A climbing stock price is the product they sell.

Lol fuckin hot take

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Glumwheels posted:

Exactly. Only about a third of people are gonna get their little kids vaxxed (assuming it's similar to the 5-12 cohort) but that third of us are chomping at the bit to do so.

The FDA meeting is on Tuesday, right? I'm hoping it moves quickly after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Teenage Riot posted:

also i guarantee most americans will look at a legume and count it as a vegetable