Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i visited boise a few times for work five or so years ago

seemed nice, had some good food, interesting gins available from the pacific northwest, beautiful obviously. wife and i had been thinking about leaving NY, always sniffing around. Wow these houses are expensive for loving idaho, but okay

....that's weird, that bald guy (i am bald) gave me a little nod as he walked by for no reason

*dinner with colleague*

'Yeah, we went to the farmer's market that was great, some amazing produce around here, lots of people from east africa with some great food too, that's great to see'

"It is! They had their own farmer's market, until someone burned it down"

'...oh.'

"They think it's the same people that burned a swastika in the capital lawn"

'.......oh.'

Bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
the democrats totally dont want to kill us anyway here's my best friend who was transferred out of cedars sinai to go to a physical rehab facility (that was a pain to get into because they're trying every excuse to deny it for reasons you can probably guess on top of the background noise of insurers being stingy shits) after she was in a nasty accident, in noted conservative city los angeles in the conservative state of california, sure is a good thing neither places are avatars for liberalism, anyway the state is lifting mask mandates next week im sure it will be fine

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i cannot imagine the loving hell that the 'treasure valley' must be with covid

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I really enjoyed this, thanks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

if you can't tell the difference between the parties i envy your privileged upbringing

yeah the difference is that the Democrats killed more people

ah wait... poo poo... ???

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Testvan posted:

for some reason i think the kid's suffering will continue

i believe that the secretary of education misspoke. the actual quote is "I will not suffer these kids anymore. I have suffered these kids enough."

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Testvan posted:

for some reason i think the kid's suffering will continue

Indistinguishable from the Trump admin.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

people believing the democratic party aren't slaves to capital

:rubby:

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lacrosse posted:

You don't even have to go that far east, Enumclaw is the same way and is within 50 miles of Seattle

I've heard coworkers that have hardly left Texas talk about how the west cost is entirely 100% blue leftists, they're moving here to turn texas into California, etc etc

They have no loving idea about what the west coast actually looks like outside of what shows up in movies. None of them know poo poo about WA outside of Seattle or OR outside of Portland.

poo poo's bad

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Buffer posted:

they might say the quiet parts loud and accidentally help people with populism

the only way you could believe this is if you'd never lived in a place dominated by republicans

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

is he loving and sucking everyone in the office???

It's a small law office with less than ten employees and they could easily do their work from home, at least until their test results came back. Denmark had the U.S. equivalent of more than 3.1m cases today and it's pretty much been the same for weeks.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Republicans want you to suffer and the Democrats don't care if you suffer yeah they're different but the result is the same.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Warmachine posted:

people believing the democratic party aren't slaves to capital

:rubby:

hey they may be slaves to capital but at least they aren't white supremacist child molesters who rape women

*hand to earpiece*

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Relevant Tangent posted:

the only way you could believe this is if you'd never lived in a place dominated by republicans

im going to be real with you: i have lived in places dominated by conservatives. it sucked. it ruined my life. you can stop with your dumbass pity party bullshit that nobody understands the oppression you've been through living in a red state or whatever. the democrats still want to kill you, just because they're less explicit about it and are more patient about squeezing every last drop of blood out of you doesn't mean they're good.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i visited boise a few times for work five or so years ago

seemed nice, had some good food, interesting gins available from the pacific northwest, beautiful obviously. wife and i had been thinking about leaving NY, always sniffing around. Wow these houses are expensive for loving idaho, but okay

....that's weird, that bald guy (i am bald) gave me a little nod as he walked by for no reason

*dinner with colleague*

'Yeah, we went to the farmer's market that was great, some amazing produce around here, lots of people from east africa with some great food too, that's great to see'

"It is! They had their own farmer's market, until someone burned it down"

'...oh.'

"They think it's the same people that burned a swastika in the capital lawn"

'.......oh.'

Bye

the guy that nodded at you integrated the farmer's market, so who can say if he's really bad or not

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Relevant Tangent posted:

if you can't tell the difference between the parties i envy your privileged upbringing

If you see them as different, I envy your present privilege.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

The Democrat response to BLM protests was to kneel in a hallway while wearing kente cloth and then systematically dismantle any attempts at police reform in cities they controlled.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Relevant Tangent posted:

i was an Idahoan for 27 years, it is a failed state that only exists because the federal government keeps it afloat
in pullman you can walk into a dispensary and walk out with edibles
eight miles away in moscow you will get arrested for knowing what edibles are

I was looking at centralia, an hour south of olympia,the cap of washington. The per capita income is like 16k. 25% of people under the age of 18 are below the poverty line. Glad you can get weed though and smoke away the pain of living on that

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 9, 2022

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Zurtilik posted:

What about all the extreme poverty and infrastructure issues also in the blue states?

They're poo poo. They're worse in red states.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

hot witch divorcee posted:

the democrats still want to kill you, just because they're less explicit about it and are more patient about squeezing every last drop of blood out of you doesn't mean they're good.

this is my response to beto stans

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hot witch divorcee posted:

im going to be real with you: i have lived in places dominated by conservatives. it sucked. it ruined my life. you can stop with your dumbass pity party bullshit that nobody understands the oppression you've been through living in a red state or whatever. the democrats still want to kill you, just because they're less explicit about it and are more patient about squeezing every last drop of blood out of you doesn't mean they're good.

The Democrats will occasionally give you a Fun Sized Snickers in exchange for killing you.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
gonna save america by voting for the guy who enacted more of trump's policies than trump did

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Democrat response to BLM protests was to kneel in a hallway while wearing kente cloth and then systematically dismantle any attempts at police reform in cities they controlled.

And also escalate said protests by enacting spurious curfews as an excuse to start launching teargas and impact rounds

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Foo Diddley posted:

gonna save america by voting for the guy who enacted more of trump's policies than trump did

Yeah, but they wear blue hats!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I have lived in both Indiana and Illinois and let me tell you they are terrible in almost exactly the same ways.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Republicans are saying "we love coups, we're going to do another coup soon where we take over election boards in every swing state and then spend the rest of your life taking revenge on you for imagined slights." Democrats are responding by saying "vote"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, but they wear blue hats!

pink hats

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Warmachine posted:

And also escalate said protests by enacting spurious curfews as an excuse to start launching teargas and impact rounds

no no no, see, they were pandemic curfews, that's why it was simultaneously so important that we not do anything to enforce masking

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Everything continues to get dumber in unpredictable ways
I really didn’t expect Fauci to randomly suggest ending all pandemic restrictions to the press
Maybe I was a fool

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Relevant Tangent posted:

They're poo poo. They're worse in red states.

why are you turning this into a weird binary contest, it makes no sense. drive to eastern oregon or any coastal city and it can be indistinguishable from red state boonies. this is some lib brained nonsense to try and red/blue these points when it's clear everything and everywhere is poo poo due to our segmented classist system

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Relevant Tangent posted:

I spent a lot of time in West Virginia and the not-Philadelphia/Pittsburgh parts of PA growing up. They were democrats then, they're republicans now, the people are the same and the toxic as gently caress beliefs are the same. The party label is totally irrelevant.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Pink Mist posted:

Everything continues to get dumber in unpredictable ways
I really didn’t expect Fauci to randomly suggest ending all pandemic restrictions to the press
Maybe I was a fool
the dude seems to roll dice to decide wether he's going to recommend masking/etc. or not on a given day

they're loaded dice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The absolute best case scenario for kids under five getting through a two dose series is the end of March or mid April so just lol that we're trashing what little response we have before even that happens just like we trashed masks before all adults could even get their shots.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Louisgod posted:

oh nice, that's the route you're gonna take here huh

I lived there from '95 to '99, then my parents moved there from '05 and moved back where I live (Eugene) in '21, so yes, lived in both Idaho and Oregon for a very long time. outside Eugene and Portland, Oregon is a red loving state with chuds and white supremacists everywhere.

e: and don't forget that the idiot libs here get owned by the minority republicans all the time, and on three separate occasions in the last two years alone when the GOP walked out and left dems wondering what to do to run things instead of, y'know, arresting them

reminder that when they ran out they ran to idaho
oregon has legal weed and you can be lgbt and exist in a way that is simply untrue almost everywhere in idaho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

The absolute best case scenario for kids under five getting through a two dose series is the end of March or mid April so just lol that we're trashing what little response we have before even that happens just like we trashed masks before all adults could even get their shots.

Death!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Glimm posted:

i mean it's true the chuds want all leftists (including, in their eyes, every member of the Democratic party) dead and are working hard to make that a reality but also the Democrats are a very ineffective political party so it's hard to say who would be better to run the country

if you genuinely believe the democrats are going to do anything to stop what the RULING CLASS wants from happening after seeing what they've done over the past year,

idk man good luck i guess lol

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
In the next turn of events, we will verify all positive covid tests on the blockchain. You must present your pozzed pcr nft in order to collect insurance benefits on treatment for covid-related early onset dementia

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

why are you turning this into a weird binary contest, it makes no sense. drive to eastern oregon or any coastal city and it can be indistinguishable from red state boonies. this is some lib brained nonsense to try and red/blue these points when it's clear everything and everywhere is poo poo due to our segmented classist system

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Do you guys ever think about how the relative reprieve we got last May/June when lots of people were double vaxxed and delta wasn't here yet only happened because NPIs slowed variants down such that the vaccines could catch up? Now with Omicron and the abandonment of NPIs, covid is speedrunning variants so fast that vaccines have no hope of keeping up.

Anyway, happy Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Faith Effort
Feb 2, 2022

by sebmojo
why on Earth would you attribute legal weed to the Democrat party