Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Gaius Marius posted:

They could release the Original Iso and it would already look better than Moguri

I just empty quoted you and then you make this bizarrely wrong post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Even the ff8 rerelease was a remaster and not a remake. Wonder if they'll do something more than just redoing the graphics then

Goddamn SE please loving put FFT on Steam already though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

IX is actually a good game

It's the best, Sakaguchi said so himself.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Only a remaster? This is my (chrono) cross to bear…

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i want more jrpgs

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NGL VI makes me really wanna replay IX.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

bi crimes posted:

i want more jrpgs

Please settle for Jpgs

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Chillgamesh posted:

Goddamn SE please loving put FFT on Switch already though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Steam Deck is going to be the superior way to play FFT anyways because you get to play it with mods which are apparently …

Good?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Remake VIII so that both Rinoa=Ultimecia and Squall Is Dead are both true and canon.

Also Man with the Machine Gun should be playing at all times.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Getting an official TL of radical dreamers alone is great. Getting to play CC on switch (and probably PC) owns. Front Mission 1 and 2 own. Xenoblade owns (if it has a real party in it and not that poo poo in 2). Live A Live remake is gorgeous. I'm glad we had to cancel the FFT remaster for this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Did 2 not have a real party?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Did 2 not have a real party?

There was a party in the story but for the things you're using in the party during combat it had a weird In GAme Only gacha system for getting new Blades.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm glad we had to cancel the FFT remaster for this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I know but we had to cancel it since that leak to get the Live A Live remake. Please understand.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There was a party in the story but for the things you're using in the party during combat it had a weird In GAme Only gacha system for getting new Blades.

Yeah I figured you meant blades but they all get attached to your party of non-blades so I didn't know if you meant something else.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Xenoblade 2 had a no-real-money-involved gacha system for Blades, which were basically personified weapons with special powers that you could equip on your characters. You did have actual party members, though.

Honestly I thought it was kinda fun. There should've been a way to consistently fill out your roster of Blades in the postgame for completionists but for the most part I thought it was fun to get a blade core and find out who it'd be. A little bit of gacha randomness is pretty fun when you're not being pestered to spend money for it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Another announcement today was a free demo of the 2D HD not-FFT, Triangle Strategy. Glad for a free demo because I'm curious but wary.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electromax posted:

Another announcement today was a free demo of the 2D HD not-FFT, Triangle Strategy. Glad for a free demo because I'm curious but wary.

To be clear it's one of those "Play the first (x) amount of the game and you can carry your save data over to the main version" ones.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo. Gonna download that now. I loved the first demo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also downloading the Triangle Strategy demo now

I'm really curious what the class/job system will be, whether there'll be class changing or branching promotions or anything like that. I'm good with whatever, just really curious because I don't think it's been talked about yet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:dudsmile:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1491570358893387781

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wish they'd put that on something that isnt the switch

and also announce theatrhythm already

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm glad the good Chrono game is being remastered.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

I'm glad the good Chrono game is being remastered.

agreed radical dreamers ftw

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Harrow posted:

Xenoblade 2 had a no-real-money-involved gacha system for Blades, which were basically personified weapons with special powers that you could equip on your characters. You did have actual party members, though.

Honestly I thought it was kinda fun. There should've been a way to consistently fill out your roster of Blades in the postgame for completionists but for the most part I thought it was fun to get a blade core and find out who it'd be. A little bit of gacha randomness is pretty fun when you're not being pestered to spend money for it.

Until you get a new character, crack open so many cores that they cap out their Blade limit, and get nothing but generic Blades.

Want to put some actually good Blades on him? Haha have fun burning rare Overdrive Protocols to pilfer unique Blades from your other party members.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Weird that I finally understand Leto's joker, he based his character off Kefka

Wow the fish mini game is esoteric as gently caress.

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 10, 2022

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Nemo2342 posted:

I’m just kind of floored to see Live a Live and Front Mission of all things.

It makes me regret selling my Switch, that's for drat sure.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
the fishing is designed to gently caress with you a whole bunch as a kid i'm pretty sure

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Vichan posted:

It makes me regret selling my Switch, that's for drat sure.

They'll be in everything else though right?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

stev posted:

Those two only say Switch/eshop while Chrono Cross and such had PR releases saying they're on other things (Klonoa has a small exclusivity period though)

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

stev posted:

Octopath came to PC a year after it's Switch release, and Xbox One almost three years after. I wouldn't be surprised if these had a similar exclusivity period. You might end up waiting a while, but they'll probably show up eventually.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

I kinda think the 9 remake is a typo and its thats 11 remaster for consoles given the attention its getting rn, cant see a 9 remake unless they just ripped moguri mod lol

Also it means ff16 this year and pc next year.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Weird that I finally understand Leto's joker, he based his character off Kefka

Wow the fish mini game is esoteric as gently caress.

Iirc it’s even more esoteric than it’s supposed to be because some of CID’s dialogue is bugged on the SNES version to sometimes not be accurate to how well/poorly you’re doing, or something like that.

but also it’s probably better to fail anyway

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

I would like to believe that, but we know XVI’s development has gone slower than planned because of COVID.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Vikar Jerome posted:

I kinda think the 9 remake is a typo and its thats 11 remaster for consoles given the attention its getting rn, cant see a 9 remake unless they just ripped moguri mod lol

I'm not convinced square will do anything with ffxi as a franchise other than keep the servers up and running on whatever old Dell desktop they have in the broom closet up until they lose their last 13 dollars a month, then maybe they'll do something

Granted we're also only 3-4 months away from the 20th anniversary (holy gently caress I feel old) so maybe they'll throw a bone to those of us that want more vana'diel

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know anything about XI but didn't they release a new story expansion a year or two back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheDarkId/status/1491557623103172608?t=Ah057PdGE0erjoIDxlJ_ZA&s=19