Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

NUMBERS DOWN

REMOVE NPIS

NUMBER UP! PRAISE NUMBER!

wait, wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

T-Paine posted:

The most insidious covid skeptic line of reasoning is anti-corporate because it's basically true that big pharma and capitalist medicine places profits before anything else but it's classic poisoning the well to jump to any anti-vaccine type conclusions from it. Real 6th grade reasoning poo poo

It's especially dumb when they avoid the "big pharma" vaccines and instead rely on hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin or benadryl (+ milk) etc etc etc

Real Mean Queen posted:

lmao I had a very similar, super stupid argument with a lovely neighbor like two years ago, and being inoculated against reddit actually helped a lot.

Posting on SA all these years and getting yelled at when I posted dumb poo poo genuinely helped me avoid "reddit brain"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

how long has this dumb cycle be going on ?

1. COV19 is over
2. New variant shows up overseas and gets ignored
3. massive surge in new case for 2-3 months, then a die-off over the next month
4. Return back to media going on how COV19 is over /The New Normal

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

MLK Ultra posted:

quietly posted at 2a EST so no one sees it

https://i.imgur.com/T7ud9xV.mp4

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm. With the virus constantly evolving to get around the antibodies, vaccines protection, it wouldn't be long before all of our current tests fail to detect it completely lol. We already have some tests that doesn't work on Omicron, so it's a good guess that eventually all brands won't work anymore.

What's more fun is that it would be seen as a wonderful opportunity. Nobody would develop a test to detect the newer strain because Covid is finally over for good!

(China will develop a newer test, but the rest of the world definitely would just ignore that)

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's especially dumb when they avoid the "big pharma" vaccines and instead rely on hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin or benadryl (+ milk) etc etc etc
I'm skeptical when it comes to titans like Pfizer and Moderna, but I trust the underdog 'mectin guys. They're plucky. They've got it where it counts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Hmm. With the virus constantly evolving to get around the antibodies, vaccines protection, it wouldn't be long before all of our current tests fail to detect it completely lol. We already have some tests that doesn't work on Omicron, so it's a good guess that eventually all brands won't work anymore.

What's more fun is that it would be seen as a wonderful opportunity. Nobody would develop a test to detect the newer strain because Covid is finally over for good!

(China will develop a newer test, but the rest of the world definitely would just ignore that)

Also many "damage control" treatments like antibody have already stopped working for some of the new sub-lineages of omicron.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/1492117948797968384
hahaha

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

T-Paine posted:

I'm skeptical when it comes to titans like Pfizer and Moderna, but I trust the underdog 'mectin guys. They're plucky. They've got it where it counts

Yeah I've been into drinking my own piss to prevent COVID. It's pretty underground, you probably haven't heard of it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

etalian posted:

Also many "damage control" treatments like antibody have already stopped working for some of the new sub-lineages of omicron.

*pounds on table*

Captain Tripps! Captain Tripps! Captain Tripps!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Blue maga is gonna start demanding it soon. Can’t feel normal if people and kids are voluntarily masking.

They've been doing this since the Great Cave Syndrome Debate of May 2021 and they've kept doing it through over 450K deaths.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

dissenters aren't engaged in good faith but are bullied away from the group and most of the 'discussion' is done via lovely memes and injokes.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I hate this man with a fiery passion

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Platystemon posted:

/r/Masks4All still clings to their KF94s.

CN loving N is ahead of Reddit on this one.

Theyre less likely to be fake than kn95s, are the only ones available for kids, and real n95s are sold out most places

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the party of NOT following the science

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Glimm posted:

https://twitter.com/ItsDeanBlundell/status/1491876422788464640

it'll be interesting to see if the chuds continue to ramp this up

they're so tired of winning

lol

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I hate this man with a fiery passion

Look at these idiots who will wear a mask when some white coats tell them to but don't perfectly follow all of their guidelines everyday? Inconsistent much? Methinks?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tirade posted:

Yeah I've been into drinking my own piss to prevent COVID. It's pretty underground, you probably haven't heard of it.

Drinking your pee is so four weeks ago

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

jesus christ lol

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

that episode of death panel where they talk about leonhardt is fantastic

also gently caress him and gently caress the cdc

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The CDC says I shouldn’t drink bleach because it’s “deadly” and “will likely kill you”. We can’t expect them to tell us how to live

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/1492118555743117313?s=20&t=qoO2CbsrxTtrFAwAEoLBfA

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Look, the CDC says a lot of things you don't perfectly obey. So what makes this any different? I'm a paid writer at the New York Times.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMycykNBC/status/1492138637030473730

Gonna charter a plane to protest the mandate, but first I will wait for a court to throw out the mandate and JB Pritzker to announce the end of the mandate

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

idk if they updated the story or if I just missed it originally, but they're now saying Bob Saget died with COVID

also the AP voted Aaron Rodgers to be MVP for the year he lied about being vaccinated and got COVID

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

WampaLord posted:

cackling at the graveyard shot with "Eating good in the neighborhood"

lol :same:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
again it will be very funny if this minor/major civil unrest explodes in America because of Canada. I also think its good/cool that thousands of them are dying or getting disabled a day, less of them to deal with whenever collapse happens lol.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 11, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/1492119084632313856

hahahahahahaha

"well, how do we really KNOW ANYTHING, really?"

you motherfucker

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I collapsed from my COVID symptoms and cracked my skull open on the corner of my kitchen counter. Conclusion, I died WITH COVID.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Went to the convenience store in my shiny new 3M 7300 this morning, and this poo poo is like dynamite fishing for bad opinions. The cashier made a stupid "can't tell your gender" joke and all I could do was laugh and say that I was expecting to get a comment or two but she defied all expectations.

gently caress, get a half-face if you can. It's 100% worth it, not just for OSHA-levels of COVID protection, but for instantly highlighting the people with bad opinions.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Ahhh that's depressing. Just imagine if the CDC recommended the same level of appropriate caution wrt COVID as it does to everything else. Number wouldn't be happy so no go.

Also stop putting so much salt in everything, the CDC is right! Really like the cast iron no-knead pizza dough recipe linked previously itt but had to halve the amount of salt. Who can tolerate such salty pizza.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Warmachine posted:

Went to the convenience store in my shiny new 3M 7300 this morning, and this poo poo is like dynamite fishing for bad opinions. The cashier made a stupid "can't tell your gender" joke and all I could do was laugh and say that I was expecting to get a comment or two but she defied all expectations.

gently caress, get a half-face if you can. It's 100% worth it, not just for OSHA-levels of COVID protection, but for instantly highlighting the people with bad opinions.

How am I to sexualize you if you don't show me your mouth?!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

not_superiority posted:

that episode of death panel where they talk about leonhardt is fantastic

also gently caress him and gently caress the cdc

Every episode of DP is fantastic.

In other news,

Oregon is the little engine that could. It has managed to be the only state in the country to show an increase in COVID Hospitalizations over the past 5 days.

For ICU Occupancy, ID/AK/VT/WY/SD have seen increases

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

Theyre less likely to be fake than kn95s, are the only ones available for kids, and real n95s are sold out most places

Also the best mask is one you're willing and able to wear and a lot of people hate headstraps, especially if they have long hair. KF94s are basically the best mask option you can get if you aren't willing/able to start being the wierdo masked guy with a headstrap N95 or elastomeric.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

How am I to sexualize you if you don't show me your mouth?!

I COULDN'T TELL BECAUSE OF THE PINK FILTERS

goddamn, I'm gonna wear this thing everywhere forever

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Death By The Blues posted:

again it will be very funny if this minor/major civil unrest explodes in America because of Canada. I also think its good/cool that thousands of them are dying or getting disabled a day, less of them to deal with whenever collapse happens lol.

Don't think it'll be easy like that. They've been conditioned for violence and impulsive aggressive actions while everyone else hasn't really mentally prepared to retaliate or defend themselves.

I mean, how many people nowadays still thinks that the cops would protect them from any aggressors?

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
what's a good programming language to learn if i end up getting bullied out of my job?

edit: im handy with ms office, arcmap/pro, and ehhhhh just barely have sql knowledge

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

The CDC says I shouldn’t drink bleach because it’s “deadly” and “will likely kill you”. We can’t expect them to tell us how to live

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/1492118555743117313?s=20&t=qoO2CbsrxTtrFAwAEoLBfA

Well, I'm mad to start my Friday. This person is a senior reporter at the paper of record that is trusted by tens of millions of people and helps shape government policy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Warmachine posted:

The only comment I've gotten so far is "you look like Darth Vader", said by an old guy who was obviously not angry or anything. I'm actually kinda disappointed more randos off the street aren't freaking out. I guess we'll see if that trend continues with the sucknfuck gathering a head of steam.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean as a non American POC who probably only exists because of American Foreign Policy and whose ethnicity was considered to be the big bad in the 80s and probably still is now; Americans can for the most part get hosed, so it will be pretty funny lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/DLeonhardt/status/1492119084632313856

hahahahahahaha

"well, how do we really KNOW ANYTHING, really?"

you motherfucker

Yeah let's get rid of a low cost effective NPI in the name of "realistic health policy"

The COV19 virus with its R0 of 8 doesn't give a gently caress about "realistic and balanced health" policy