Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Claiming "body sovereignty" in order to not get vaccinated is like claiming "Wine sovereignty" while drunk driving. You are literally putting everyone around you at risk with your behavior, it is not a personal choice even if you attempt to frame it like one.

Unfortunately right now "wine sovereignty" for vaccinations is legal and is a personal choice for the most part. Personally I'd like it if hospitals could kick out unvaccinated COVID patients to make room for vaccinated patients who need beds for any other reason. You want to assert your "bodily sovereignty?" Fine. Recover or die from COVID on your own at home, bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Everyone posted:

Well, understand that in this case "bodily sovereignty" means they don't have to get vaccinated against a deadly, contagious disease. Plenty of these bodily sovereignty people are still totally fine forcing women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term and shaming/harassing trans people. So, you're only the true sovereign of your body if you have an "at birth" penis and want to keep it.

lmao this is so dumb

i still remember pre-covid the term they use is "demanding vaccine transparency" regardless if all the ingredients of the vaccines have already been published. they just want to know which is the one that gives you autism

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anita Dickinme posted:

I don't know what misinformation is being spread but all I saw in the headline was she's fighting for body sovereignty.

same energy as "states' rights" lol

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Anita Dickinme posted:

Not going to argue over someone's body being their choice no matter the cause.

With the issue here being very clearly that is not just their body at risk. People's rights are almost always curtailed at the point they can do others demonstrable harm. This isn't a new loving concept.

So many of those who can get a vaccine and refuse to do so, are so convinced of their rightness they refuse to give others the same respect and willfully wander around increasing the risk of giving it to others whilst screeching about "mah autonomy".

Rights for me but not for thee. Same old poo poo. I say this as someone who now has Covid for the second time after a gigantic oval office decided he wasn't going to be masked and gently caress everyone else.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

kazil posted:

same energy as "states' rights" lol

For now. If the SC does finally overturn Roe vs Wade, expect the GOP's next push to be for a federal anti-abortion law (much like the one that resulted in Roe vs Wade in the first place) to "own" New York and California.

ClydeFrog posted:

With the issue here being very clearly that is not just their body at risk. People's rights are almost always curtailed at the point they can do others demonstrable harm. This isn't a new loving concept.

So many of those who can get a vaccine and refuse to do so, are so convinced of their rightness they refuse to give others the same respect and willfully wander around increasing the risk of giving it to others whilst screeching about "mah autonomy".

Rights for me but not for thee. Same old poo poo. I say this as someone who now has Covid for the second time after a gigantic oval office decided he wasn't going to be masked and gently caress everyone else.

Is there an opposite "Get Well" card. Like a "die drowning in your phlegm, you anti-vax, anti-mask fuckwit?" 'Cause that person needs to get a few of those.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Everyone posted:

For now. If the SC does finally overturn Roe vs Wade, expect the GOP's next push to be for a federal anti-abortion law (much like the one that resulted in Roe vs Wade in the first place) to "own" New York and California.

Is there an opposite "Get Well" card. Like a "die drowning in your phlegm, you anti-vax, anti-mask fuckwit?" 'Cause that person needs to get a few of those.

Yeah the overlap between NO VACCINE and NO ABORTIONS ALLOWED is huge.

Honestly I genuinely don't want to gently caress up this thread, but please people get vaccinated if you CAN or if you WON'T then be masked everywhere you go and test very regularly and prove that the thought you have given to not getting a vaccine includes the understanding that you need to cause least harm doing so. Yes, your body is yours, of course it's yours, but that doesn't mean you get to wander round spreading something that can be so lethal to others.

I've got long covid, I've had colleagues who have died, friends with cancelled operations for life saving treatments and now treatable cancer is Stage 4 and someone that has had to live in almost total isolation for two years because they don't have a spleen has found out part of their regular medical team is anti-vax. How are we going to handle people with immunosuppressed conditions faced with unvaxxed medical care - no one got upset over hepatitis jab mandates and that's way harder to get. Ugh. The mental and physical carnage this has caused is immense.

Honestly if I have one more conversation about "but the vaccine...." with someone that paid to have their rabies and yellow fever jabs to go on holiday I will loving choke a bitch. All you people that didn't go blind from measles, or sterile from mumps or live in an iron lung for months from polio, because their parents got them jabbed - get a loving grip.

ANYWAY. I WILL STOP. Sorry. Just, so so loving despairing. I'm giving myself a timeout and will go weep (snottily and self-pityingly) into a pillow. Hugs to everyone.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ClydeFrog posted:

Yeah the overlap between NO VACCINE and NO ABORTIONS ALLOWED is huge.

Honestly I genuinely don't want to gently caress up this thread, but please people get vaccinated if you CAN or if you WON'T then be masked everywhere you go and test very regularly and prove that the thought you have given to not getting a vaccine includes the understanding that you need to cause least harm doing so. Yes, your body is yours, of course it's yours, but that doesn't mean you get to wander round spreading something that can be so lethal to others.

I've got long covid, I've had colleagues who have died, friends with cancelled operations for life saving treatments and now treatable cancer is Stage 4 and someone that has had to live in almost total isolation for two years because they don't have a spleen has found out part of their regular medical team is anti-vax. How are we going to handle people with immunosuppressed conditions faced with unvaxxed medical care - no one got upset over hepatitis jab mandates and that's way harder to get. Ugh. The mental and physical carnage this has caused is immense.

Honestly if I have one more conversation about "but the vaccine...." with someone that paid to have their rabies and yellow fever jabs to go on holiday I will loving choke a bitch. All you people that didn't go blind from measles, or sterile from mumps or live in an iron lung for months from polio, because their parents got them jabbed - get a loving grip.

ANYWAY. I WILL STOP. Sorry. Just, so so loving despairing. I'm giving myself a timeout and will go weep (snottily and self-pityingly) into a pillow. Hugs to everyone.

This is pretty much what I wanted to post but I couldn’t muster the :effort: for it and was just waiting for this conversation to blow over. But hell yeah we can get back to MCU TV now. I hope there’s no ill feelings because I don’t have any for anyone here. I love talking about Marvel with you guys.

So uh, how about that new Blade?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Loki season 2 to start filming this summer which, based on Moon Knight's schedule, means it should be out summer 2023.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

live with fruit posted:

Loki season 2 to start filming this summer which, based on Moon Knight's schedule, means it should be out summer 2023.

Did they announced the new director? And yeah, they were saying -since last year- that it was going to be a 2023 show.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1491493998825021443

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
There's a one hour making-off doku for Hawkeye on Disney+. I kinda liked it. Obviously these things are still heavily curated and they wouldn't show the potential bad blood behind the scenes. But if you can take it at face value it's kinda nice, since ostensibly the old marvel veteran Jeremy Renner coached Hailee Steinfeld on a bunch of scenes they did together and their dynamic mirrored their screen personas.

Also the stunt coordinator Heidi Moneymaker (that's quite a name.) Has incredible arms.
Apparently she was also the one who did all the fun Black Widow stunts for Scarlet Johansen.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 9, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Honestly, if you take Star Wars as a whole this is easily in the top 75% of Star Wars entries. So much it is just embarrassing

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Thundercracker posted:

Honestly, if you take Star Wars as a whole this is easily in the top 75% of Star Wars entries. So much it is just embarrassing

I'm guessing this is about the other Disney+ show that just ended and yes.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I just learned that Melissa Hunter of Wolfgirl and Adult Wednesday Adams is a writer and producer on the upcoming She-Hulk. So that show just went from "I guess I'll check it out" to "Oh dear Christ, I must see this now!" for me.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1492106482447523840

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean, they’re almost certainly just getting ported to either Disney+ or Hulu with the other Dark Marvel stuff

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Glad I finished my rewatch of DD S1 lmao. I got randomly interested after Spider Man and Hawkeye for some raisin.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1492468794467491843

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Love that Mr. Knight costume

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yer a lunatic, Harry!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

cant cook creole bream posted:

There's a one hour making-off doku for Hawkeye on Disney+. I kinda liked it.
I'm hot and cold on these Assembled specials because there's way way too much narrating of the characters' backstory and motivations that we've already seen during the show.

But there's usually enough cool behind the scenes stuff to balance it out, like how they showed the rig for the car chase scene and this "stunt-vis" of the toy store scene

A lot of the behind-the-scenes shots seemed like alternate takes, too, so it's like watching a little alternate universe version of the show.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzlQ2N6qqg

The 'surprise' was leaked a while back, but man, actually seeing it the trailer still made me excited

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Firebert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzlQ2N6qqg

The 'surprise' was leaked a while back, but man, actually seeing it the trailer still made me excited
I assume you mean Xavier?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I am so ready for that movie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It gets very interesting about midway through, in terms of new stuff that wasn't in the first trailer

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yep!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think you mean Charlie Hardon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Someone pointed it out in another thread, but there is also a very brief shot of a Maria Rambeau Captain Marvel

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Also pertinent to this thread, looks like we’re returning to Westview

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3Yx-5Ymiw

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There's a shot of a zombie Wanda which could be the one from What If...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If you look at the piece of glass just to the right of Strange's right side, you see Captain Carter's shield

https://twitter.com/DrStrangeUpdate/status/1493000591970295811?s=20&t=MkE9d0eLZxl6IJb8sNKqNw

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm sad I hovered over the spoiler but there was otherwise nothing getting me interested in this movie so I guess it's a wash.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

If you look at the piece of glass just to the right of Strange's right side, you see Captain Carter's shield

https://twitter.com/DrStrangeUpdate/status/1493000591970295811?s=20&t=MkE9d0eLZxl6IJb8sNKqNw

I must be old because I cannot see it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Technowolf posted:

https://twitter.com/NahMate420/status/1493006720850972674/photo/1

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Technowolf posted:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Technowolf posted:

Where his cape flips up on the bottom right, the piece directly to the right of that

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Currently more buzzed about that insane Doctor Strange trailer, but god drat that shot at 0:23 where his cape makes a crescent moon shape is so good. So good. After several Batfleck movies that completely forgot his cape is supposed to be part of his character, not just an afterthought, Moon Knight coming in with that cape swagger.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Are there other cartoons that can cross over into the main MCU and star in a major film entry? Homer Simpson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Parkingtigers posted:

Currently more buzzed about that insane Doctor Strange trailer, but god drat that shot at 0:23 where his cape makes a crescent moon shape is so good. So good. After several Batfleck movies that completely forgot his cape is supposed to be part of his character, not just an afterthought, Moon Knight coming in with that cape swagger.

I love how the MCU has embraced crazy comic book bullshit. I am so hyped for the future of the MCU.