Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean....is it really a surprise? Like, all the power to anyone who read it for the story, but the manga was pretty clear what it is focusing on from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
https://twitter.com/ug_kaku/status/1493068062844538882?t=nx3o-k-tmgJ5w93HKRD9xA&s=19

Ayashimon on break next week. Author came down with covid. Says they're now recovered and feeling fine, but presumably was unable to finish the chapter by the deadline for obvious reasons.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I know it's not but that Undead Unluck chapter felt so much like a "Uh oh we're cancelled" cliffhanger. Even got the title drop last page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Sometimes Food posted:

I know it's not but that Undead Unluck chapter felt so much like a "Uh oh we're cancelled" cliffhanger. Even got the title drop last page.

If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have said that it was close to the end but this seems to be stretching it out for a while.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1493280146782101507

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wait, what?

Is it moving monthly?

After THAT ending lol.

Edit: oh just a volume printing. Still weird but good for it I guess.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Twitter was horny enough for the big muscle women to make miracles happen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has a series ever comeback from being cancelled?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Futurama anime did.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Futurama anime did.

Joking aside, I wonder how many cult classic manga/anime over the years got cancelled because they were mismanaged and/or sabotaged like that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure about manga but I know a few anime adaptions did at least (Inuyasha for example).

Not sure if it counts in this regard but there’s also stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist, Shaman King, Fruits Basket, and Dragon Quest (among others) that got full fledged reboots which stuck a little more closely to the manga.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 15, 2022

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I am super stoked for the gambling arc of Elusive Samurai, we've already got one Kaiji reference

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

A Sometimes Food posted:

Well assuming they figure out how to avoid earth entering the sun, there will be minimum one or two (depending on if they need 100 or 101 failures) Quest arcs

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New Ranger Reject

Cannot believe he actually went "whoops, I slipped"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well assuming they figure out how to avoid earth entering the sun, there will be minimum one or two (depending on if they need 100 or 101 failures) Quest arcs

Just have unmove stare at Earth really hard?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Two new Magilumiere chapters.

Still really like this. It's really entertaining, while at the same time it's setting up lots of stuff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Shaman King was cancelled in 2004, ostensibly because the author didn't like the direction the manga had taken with the serialization. ("Takei declared it was not a decrease in the series profitability that was the reason for its cancellation, but a "fatigue" he had been through because he was no more able to follow his fans' wishes. In the author's opinion, Shaman King was being "normalized" by the desire of his readers with the introduction of typical shōnen aspects and losing its originality.")

It was revived for a kanzenban release in 2008-2009 which included new 16 chapters (for a total of 300), some reshuffling of content and an actual ending.
After that it had a number of spinoffs and a sequel with Flowers, which also got cancelled (although I think it was for external reasons? I think the magazine was cancelled?) but then the plotline got picked back up with Super Star.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 16, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, is Super Star still going or did it finish a while back (also is Flowers/Super Star worth a read)?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I have no idea, the scans stopped showing up and I kinda lost track.

Fake edit: Apparently it entered indefinite hiatus last year because the guy's busy with other projects. (What projects though???)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 17, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm just wondering if people read Diamond in the Rough. It's so incredibly generic yet competent shounen.

Mikl posted:

Two new Magilumiere chapters.

Still really like this. It's really entertaining, while at the same time it's setting up lots of stuff.

I want to know more about the cross dressing boss.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Darth TNT posted:

I'm just wondering if people read Diamond in the Rough. It's so incredibly generic yet competent shounen.

it's me, i'm the one reading Diamond in the Rough. and, yeah. that's the vibe i have from it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kyte posted:

I have no idea, the scans stopped showing up and I kinda lost track.

Fake edit: Apparently it entered indefinite hiatus last year because the guy's busy with other projects. (What projects though???)

No idea since there’s literally nothing on his wiki page after 2018:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Takei

Apparently Super Star is still ongoing though with a new volume literally slated for release today

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

M.Matsuda posted:

it's me, i'm the one reading Diamond in the Rough. and, yeah. that's the vibe i have from it.

I also read it. It’s so competent I can’t find any reason to not read it. Besides, I needed a Tuesday manga to read after Claymore ended.
And to its credit, I do like the co-dependent relationship between Kai and Akeboshi. Neither are quite perfect, but together they are just trying to be the best for eachother and its nice.
I have no idea what’s currently happening though, like why exactly did the red diamond allow the Stibnite guy to summon a giant mech. :psyduck:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Monster #8

lmao at Hoshina playing it super cool, then going "Alright I gotta step out for a sec" *steps out* "Okay what the gently caress"

Besides being super cool, this series has lots of great character moments.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mikl posted:

Monster #8

lmao at Hoshina playing it super cool, then going "Alright I gotta step out for a sec" *steps out* "Okay what the gently caress"

Besides being super cool, this series has lots of great character moments.

There's a very strong platform to build this next arc off of that's for sure. I think the last 10 or so chapters were a shot in the arm the story needed and it's only because it went on hiatus that I'm not as pumped as I would otherwise be.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This week is brought to you by punch squared.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Learning a lot about denim in Witch Watch this week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Akane-banashi: this kid kicks rear end

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Akane-banashi: this kid kicks rear end

yeah im liking this a lot

good family feels and she's really refreshing as a lead

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I'm glad that her dad didn't do the classic thing of moping around and becoming a drunk or it tearing the family apart, but it's still a really strong motivation for her. Also the way that the faces and expressions are drawn are ridiculously good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sakamoto days bringing a new meaning to the phrase Director's Cut.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
65,536 :vince:

Shame the new series kinda sucks from a straw but still, 65,536 :vince:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah I'm glad that her dad didn't do the classic thing of moping around and becoming a drunk or it tearing the family apart, but it's still a really strong motivation for her. Also the way that the faces and expressions are drawn are ridiculously good.

It's incredibly relatable too. It's frustrating as hell to give up something you love only to be met with some underhanded poo poo like "aren't you glad you got a real job?"

And yeah the expressions are top tier, I love the chin jutting.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I enjoy how this fight in Mashle is basically doing Shonen Jump Greatest Hits. we got Rock Lee Dropping Weights last time and the Star Platinum Two Page Spread this time, what are we betting on for next

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Mash's muscles will take on the properties of both rubber and gum

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dont know what to think about this chapter of Shugomaru.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aoi's awakening (postponed)

its a shame next week has to be Shugomaru's evil brother instead of unpacking anything

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'd have been down for Earthchild just being a regular romance story that happened to involve a superhero but I guess we can do whatever this is instead. :geno:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alacron posted:

I'd have been down for Earthchild just being a regular romance story that happened to involve a superhero but I guess we can do whatever this is instead. :geno:

It definitely kind of felt like it just did a speedrun of a manga in order to go straight to the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

imo it's cool that they've established a basic outline of why the dad is going to struggle with his kid having super powers and try to get them to hide it instead of making it some flashback we get like 20 chapters in

possible it won't follow through on this well but i think it's an interesting setup