Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Nothus posted:

Lol at the serious replies

“Restaurants should have to pay a living wage, and until they do, I’m gonna keep not tipping” seems like an early precursor to “mask mandates are stupid, why do I even have to wear a mask into a restaurant when I’m just gonna take it off and cough all over everything for 30 meals a week” with a recombinant strain of “I don’t have to tip if they say I should have a mask”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/c...es/202202170148

Guy takes an Uber and executes the driver on camera

There's absolutely some kind of covid sociopathy poo poo going around

Want to stress that this is normal and expected when a society starts to collapse, we are going to see some truly epic hosed up poo poo.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Real Mean Queen posted:

“Restaurants should have to pay a living wage, and until they do, I’m gonna keep not tipping” seems like an early precursor to “mask mandates are stupid, why do I even have to wear a mask into a restaurant when I’m just gonna take it off and cough all over everything for 30 meals a week” with a recombinant strain of “I don’t have to tip if they say I should have a mask”

The worst assholes in society have learned that they can get whatever they want by throwing huge tantrums in public.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
The teacher in the room I'm in today says her grandkids had covid 4 times. That can't be right.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

this moldex 8000 half-mask is probably the most gimpwear-lookin' respirator i've seen so far: https://www.zoro.com/moldex-moldex-8000-series-half-mask-respirator-kit-s-8601/i/G4751372/?recommended=true

Greg Legg posted:

The teacher in the room I'm in today says her grandkids had covid 4 times. That can't be right.

it can

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Well I got evusheld this morning. Just in time for BA.2. Need to figure out if I can convince my wife to max titers a fourth shot (she's high risk but not specifically immunocompromised) and we should be OK for the summer, hopefully...

FX-400 full-face held up pretty well for a two hour appointment. Started to get a little bit of a headache at the end but it was tolerable.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
lol that we live in the timeline where the US was like 2 months from having covid completely under control after loving around for a year but Joe Biden instead declared total victory and ushered in the deaths of tens if not hundreds of millions of people

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I had to ask but my doctor told me to get a 4th shot 3 months after my 3rd. We’ll that time has passed idiots, why didn’t you tell me?

Is it better to get it now or closer to the summer? I feel like now because I might have to go back to the office in 2 months for a couple days a week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shiroc posted:

lol that we live in the timeline where the US was like 2 months from having covid completely under control after loving around for a year but Joe Biden instead declared total victory and ushered in the deaths of tens if not hundreds of millions of people

Luckily there's no way they'd do something that stupid again.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rutibex posted:

or if you are in Canada the bread sellers just call each other and agree what the price of bread is gonna be for everyone

It's kind of a pedantic point but that was explicitly what i was referencing - pricing is set by collusion between major sellers, but they technically don't collude they just hire the same consulting firms that all tell them what the collusion price is gonna be. And the collusion is so baked in that it's not like they even really need to do anything conspiratorial or shady or go that far out of their way, it's a simple result of any basic oligopoly.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Rescue Toaster posted:

Well I got evusheld this morning. Just in time for BA.2. Need to figure out if I can convince my wife to max titers a fourth shot (she's high risk but not specifically immunocompromised) and we should be OK for the summer, hopefully...

FX-400 full-face held up pretty well for a two hour appointment. Started to get a little bit of a headache at the end but it was tolerable.

Um... who want to give him the bad news?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
My CHUD congressman died last night OF kidney cancer and possibly WITH COVID, as he had been hospitalized six weeks ago with "mild symptoms".

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/18/politics/jim-hagedorn-dies-republican-minnesota-congressman/index.html

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

WSJ reports record profits rise from your grave.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Zisky posted:

I just got an e-mail from my union that they had modified their negotiated agreement regarding COVID safety at work. Instantly my stomach dropped.

But instead they somehow decided to make it stricter? No changes to testing requirements (still have to do 3x PCR a week), "fully vaccinated" is now defined as having a booster dose, and masks must be KN95 or better.

This agreement was the only way on earth I could possibly be comfortable continuing to come to the office, so I'm pretty jazzed. Everyone here is pissed of course because they were all wearing the bad masks.

this kicks rear end.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

WaryWarren posted:

My CHUD congressman died last night OF kidney cancer and possibly WITH COVID, as he had been hospitalized six weeks ago with "mild symptoms".

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/18/politics/jim-hagedorn-dies-republican-minnesota-congressman/index.html

The funniest result would be a couple senators dying from COVID so manchin can't block legislation anymore, and Biden has to find a new excuse to do nothing.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
our PCRs came back negative today. Sunday we spent hours indoors unmasked with my dad who started having symptoms Monday and tested positive on Tuesday

omicron is no match for our MAX TITERS :boom:

(we clearly got incredibly loving lucky but are still counting ourselves as exposed and assuming false negatives)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shiroc posted:

All these hospitals are making big pharma more money with more people who are sick and now needing to pay bills for vents

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Drag/bondage show last night was p fun.

Virtually 0 masking, but I was respiratored up. P spaced venue, not that crowded either.

Allegedly housemate got close to arranging a foursome w 2 cute girls that were there. It didn't pan out, tho. They might be coming over later tonight, but I won't get home until 11-midnight tonight from the exchange. ngl, it'd be p strange to have a foursome w my housemate involved, I've got her p solidly friend-zoned, and that'd potentially be problematic

P sure I'd do that again, and I'd likely take off my respirator if loving and sucking commenced. Who knows that's a good or bad thing.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

what would be the liturgical objection in christianity to giving a dog a rabies vaccine?
some potential in here
https://www.openbible.info/topics/dogs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ex post facho posted:

love too bee immune from disease that does not confer sterilizing immunity after infection

:crackping:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Virtually 0 masking, but I was respiratored up. P spaced venue, not that crowded either.

Allegedly housemate got close to arranging a foursome w 2 cute girls that were there. It didn't pan out, tho. They might be coming over later tonight, but I won't get home until 11-midnight tonight from the exchange. ngl, it'd be p strange to have a foursome w my housemate involved, I've got her p solidly friend-zoned, and that'd potentially be problematic

P sure I'd do that again, and I'd likely take off my respirator if loving and sucking commenced. Who knows that's a good or bad thing.

:gonk:

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

soup, BDSM foursomes, you lead a charmed life

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AppleNippleBOB posted:

You're just going to Leroy Jenkins yourself into the COVID aren't you?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Rescue Toaster posted:

You're not immune regardless of vaccination or MABs, so don't act immune.

You are nigh-impossible to infect while wearing a properly fitted respirator, so do wear it. You will be fine as long as you keep it on. Full-faced is almost certainly overkill compared to a half-face, but if you've already paid for it, might as well use it. Half-face may be less likely to cause headache, not sure, but it's definitely lighter.

Glumwheels posted:

Is it better to get it now or closer to the summer? I feel like now because I might have to go back to the office in 2 months for a couple days a week.

Same applies to you. You aren't safe regardless of when and how many vaccines you've gotten. If you want another, get it, but don't relax your physical barriers. Your immune system even at its best is an unreliable defense against coronaviruses.

I'm not bothering with a fourth dose personally, I'm six months out from my third and relying entirely on my respirator.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Um... who want to give him the bad news?

Did I miss is BA2 not happening now? At least one of the two drugs in evusheld seems to work on BA.2. It might be just about the only currently available thing that does.

Kylaer posted:

You're not immune regardless of vaccination or MABs, so don't act immune.

You are nigh-impossible to infect while wearing a properly fitted respirator, so do wear it. You will be fine as long as you keep it on. Full-faced is almost certainly overkill compared to a half-face, but if you've already paid for it, might as well use it. Half-face may be less likely to cause headache, not sure, but it's definitely lighter.

Oh, I'm well aware. No suck n' gently caress summer for me. Part of the incentive was I have some appointments I can't put off any longer (dentist, a procedure where I'm under anesthesia, stupid poo poo like DMV photo update) where I can't wear a mask the whole time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Glumwheels posted:

I had to ask but my doctor told me to get a 4th shot 3 months after my 3rd. We’ll that time has passed idiots, why didn’t you tell me?

now now now

there is no time in the future where a shot based on wild type spike protein will be more efficacious than it is right now

altho you might have to Max Titers it depending on the pharmacy / where u live

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

if you breathe the same air as someone, you're breathing the same air as everyone they've shared air with

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Having extremely ill advised sex with your housemate after the extremely ill advised trip to the drag/bondage show, as a treat.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

ex post facho posted:

love too bee immune from disease that does not confer sterilizing immunity after infection

This is one of those 'The sky is not blue' things I cant believe they get away with. Propaganda is amazing.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
having sex with more than 1 person at a time sounds tiring

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rescue Toaster posted:

you mean the 3M FF-400? yeah the only problem with it is that it loving squeezes the hell out of my skull and gives me a massive headache after a few hours, which unfortunately disqualifies it as a daily driver

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shiroc posted:

Having extremely ill advised sex with your housemate after the extremely ill advised trip to the drag/bondage show, as a treat.

Having to break up with housemate over sexual relationship later, in this housing market, as a treat

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Stoop Kid posted:

soup, BDSM foursomes, you lead a charmed life

:blessed:

Sadly the foursome didn't happen :/

I know that'd be a bad decision, covid-wise (*and probably for housemate drama reasons) - but its been far too long since I've had any action. Prob would be worth the dice roll wrt covid, at least.

Shiroc posted:

:rubby:

You're not wrong.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

The Oldest Man posted:

It doesn't have a speaking diaphragm but I've been looking at the GVS Elipse. Seems like with the filter design it's probably going to muffle you less than a bayonet style connection.

Ellipse muffles about the same as the bayonet styles. A problem I have with the ellipse is it's basically impossible to cover the filters in order to seal check. Firstly, they're huge so good luck having hands big enough to cover them. Secondly, you can't cover them with a plastic bag because of the plastic cover over the filters will still let air through. Ellipse is a champ at qualitative fit tests though so I don't worry about the seal check.

To minimize muffling try an aura or an envomask with the extra cover removed.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/DGBassani/status/1494443927029571586

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3KJb9dxc5Q

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dren posted:

Ellipse muffles about the same as the bayonet styles. A problem I have with the ellipse is it's basically impossible to cover the filters in order to seal check. Firstly, they're huge so good luck having hands big enough to cover them. Secondly, you can't cover them with a plastic bag because of the plastic cover over the filters will still let air through. Ellipse is a champ at qualitative fit tests though so I don't worry about the seal check.

To minimize muffling try an aura or an envomask with the extra cover removed.

what part of P100 only do you not understand!

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

this was the first week of our “return to office” transition at work. the goal was to be at 50% capacity. we’re at 5%. basically anybody with any amount of seniority leveraged the fact that they have specialized skills in an esoteric industry, said gently caress that and are wfh permanently. lol. I’m happy for them.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Shiroc posted:

I am eagerly awaiting the E/N thread. I hope it gets posted before the roni gets em.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

:blessed:

Sadly the foursome didn't happen :/

I know that'd be a bad decision, covid-wise (*and probably for housemate drama reasons) - but its been far too long since I've had any action. Prob would be worth the dice roll wrt covid, at least.

:rubby:

You're not wrong.

So no E/N thread then? :smith:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up. BA.2 is an omicron variant? Would previous Omicron infection offer some kind of antibodies against it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

dew worm posted:

Sorry, I haven't been able to keep up. BA.2 is an omicron variant? Would previous Omicron infection offer some kind of antibodies against it?

outlook not so good