Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My freezer is already full of costco.

I found this amazing warehouse store where you can buy in bulk and quality cheap big ticket items like freezers.

May Costco be with you in all your shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My freezer is already full of costco.

buy another freezer from costco, bing bong problem solved

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Two upright freezers have the same footprint as one chest freezer.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Two upright freezers have the same footprint as one chest freezer.

The bunk beds available at your neighborhood Costco Warehouse are extremely high quality and absolutely enable you to double stack two chest freezers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you have 9 foot ceilings you can put two upright freezers next to each other and then a third on its side on top of them.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

bird with big dick posted:

If you have 9 foot ceilings you can put two upright freezers next to each other and then a third on its side on top of them.

You could stack four chest freezers in the same cubic space
:grin:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

You could stack four chest freezers in the same cubic space
:grin:

Yeah but you couldn’t use them all.

Come on now!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Has anybody purchased a resort package through Costco? I'm just idly browsing around for 2022, since my partner could seriously use a break from being a surgery resident...

Mostly just wondering if like, including flights through Costco is worth it, recs/stay-the-gently caress-aways, that kinda thing.

I can't speak for the flight prices because personal choice matters so much for that, but in general, the travel packages are a great deal. One of the biggest benefits is that for hotel I've ever looked at, Costco includes the stupid resort fee in the price they display, as opposed to paying $50/day extra for their bullshit amenities you won't use anyway.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The obvious solution is Freezerhenge, with one chest freezer on top of two uprights. This has the advantage of being modular as well.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Soul Dentist posted:

The obvious solution is Freezerhenge, with one chest freezer on top of two uprights. This has the advantage of being modular as well.

I think you mean Freezer Lintel. Frozenhenge implies a kind of Costco zealotry and dedication that I am not of sufficient faith to engage in.

Frozenhenge is a calling.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Can we use the cheesecake as filling for slices of the cinnamon butter pound loaf?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Can we use the cheesecake as filling for slices of the cinnamon butter pound loaf?

If I felt like gaining another 20 covid pounds I'd try that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Check with your doctor so you can schedule your liposuction in advanced first.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Definitely check Costco travel for anywhere you're thinking about. Last place I checked saved about a third of the room price (over the hotel's website) AND included resort fees and airport transfer. Sometimes it's not much, sometimes it's a huge difference.

Less success with flights through them, but still worth a shot.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Costco zealotry and dedication

No that is what I mean. :colbert:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

binge crotching posted:

I can't speak for the flight prices because personal choice matters so much for that, but in general, the travel packages are a great deal. One of the biggest benefits is that for hotel I've ever looked at, Costco includes the stupid resort fee in the price they display, as opposed to paying $50/day extra for their bullshit amenities you won't use anyway.

I love me a Costco vacation. Truly. Our first international vacation was with through there and went so incredibly smooth, I've taken three more. They've either been suspiciously cheaper than I could put together or on par cost wise with added value. All of my trips include the interconnections including pickup and drop-off to the airports. The hotels almost always have breakfasts, the trains have nice seats if not first class, and there's often hotel or activity credits tossed in.

The way I look at it now, I can definitely go some places for less money but I'm going to have to work harder and have worse travel and lodging.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure I'm covered but just to check -- my Costco membership from :911: will work in :britain: correct?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

yeah

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Your Citi Visa card might work there too! Canada’s costcos uses Mastercard but they accepted my murican one any way!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Meh I use my Chase Freedom because it works just a little bit better for me. I have a Mastercard for emergencies though, so good call!

Can't wait to have an eel bake or like a squeak cone or some sort of banger with an imperial pint refill squash though (lol)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

Meh I use my Chase Freedom because it works just a little bit better for me. I have a Mastercard for emergencies though, so good call!

Can't wait to have an eel bake or like a squeak cone or some sort of banger with an imperial pint refill squash though (lol)

Never had a problem using my US Costco Visa in the UK. I haven't been back for work since before Covid, but the cottage pies are usually about 1000 degrees inside, so cut a slit in the top of the mash to let some of the heat out before you dig in.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Went on a dinner date last night then we went to Costco immediately after since it was right next door. Thank you Costco for giving us additional respite from our children.

I also picked up two pairs of glasses from optical earlier this week.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Went in for a few things, emerged 3 hours later and $261 lighter. Actually under $200, since I cashed in my rewards certificate of $64.05.

A few highlights:
A fricking take and bake shepherds pie that’s like 14” in diameter. They also have Apple pies of the same size (we didn’t get the apple pie). I like the shepherd pie. It’s pretty savory. Needs salt, but I like spicy, and British stuff is notoriously plain. Really, it’s fine as is.
Filled up the freezer with meat and such. I got a couple variations of Ramen, for example.
Also, gently caress y’all for pointing out that damned cinnamon sugar butter bread. Holy gently caress is that stuff good and addicting.
I’ve got mild diabetes already. I really didn’t need this, but MAN it’s good.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
I think I could subsist entirely on Tassos Garlic & Jalapeño stuffed olives

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stoop Kid posted:

Always a jar in the fridge and a backup jar in the pantry. Always.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Found a new friend today at church:

Although Costco's website pretends they don't exist and I had to hunt down the picture.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'd rather have olive stuffed jalapenos does anyone makes those?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Stoop Kid posted:

I always blow through a jar of those way too quickly.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Checked out the Costco Business Center in Fife. For sure if my regular attendance is at a Church, this was a Cathedral.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
As someone who has a mixture of laminate flooring, carpet, and runner rugs, with various pet toys/etc laying around, are roombas viable at all? And I see a pretty huge range of them, are the ones Costco has any good?

Getting the floors at least casually clean automatically would be a great timesaver for me, just not sure how well it’d work and $400 is a lot to throw down on a question mark.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 21, 2022

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
At church, bakery is currently undergoing a remodel, so I don't get to try that cinnamon sugar bread I keep reading about.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

As someone who has a mixture of laminate flooring, carpet, and runner rugs, with various pet toys/etc laying around, are roombas viable at all? And I see a pretty huge range of them, are the ones Costco has any good?

Getting the floors at least casually clean automatically would be a great timesaver for me, just not sure how well it’d work and $400 is a lot to throw down on a question mark.

My dad bought two robo vacs last year, a “dumb” eufy and a smart roomba. the eufy is a lot cheaper and frankly works better. Stronger suction action, plus you can control it from the remote which is a ton of fun (especially if you have kids). the smart vac has a habit of getting into the most annoying corners and crevices and I’ve had a very hard time teaching it to avoid my desk where I have a bunch of dangling wires that get caught in it. sometimes it seems like it’s programmed to try and nibble my toes like a puppy, which induces a blinding rage

The dumb vac can clean in a few different patterns, and it does a good job of getting ambient crumbs and hairs off your floors. But you’ll need to prep space before using it: flipping chairs onto counter tops, picking up large objects and discarded clothes off the floor, etc. And you’ll want to be home while doing it to rescue it from inevitably getting stuck or choking on a phone chord.

It beats sweeping the whole apartment every week, but it’s a convenience i wouldn’t pay more than $200 for.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Paul MaudDib posted:

Roombas are higher maintenance than you might think. You do have to clear the area of hazards before you start it and then there’s the inevitable cleaning of the Roomba itself (the rollers get tons of hair & fiber wrapped up in them). When you first start using them they will pick up a ton of dust in areas you are too lazy to vacuum yourself, like underneath sofas and beds. They’re really more intended for “maintenance” cleaning though, IE extending the time between real vacuuming. The Roomba is barely a vacuum (the actual mechanism is tiny), I would more classify it as a sweeper.

My Roomba is barely used anymore. I used to have it on a timer, but then you have to remember to prepare for it on a timer too. Without a timer it’s usage inevitably becomes incredibly sporadic.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

I have the i8+ and it’s fantastic— it’s comprehensive / thorough enough that you can walk around barefoot and never collect dust if you regularly use it. However you do need to make sure there isn’t anything on the ground since it will get caught on cords and toys and stuff. I generally do a house sweep for debris and stuff first. The i8+ is the minimum I’d get for carpeting and the self emptying is really really useful. It’s a Costco exclusive that is the same as the i7 with a 20% larger battery and comes with a bunch of filter and bag replacements so it’s a really good deal

Also it doesn’t replace a vacuum for specific things and I agree it’s more a really convenient sweeper. I love mine though :)

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 21, 2022

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

We have the eufy g30 and like it. Run it a couple times a week and a few times on the weekend cuts down on dust and debris substantially.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I have a Eufy 11S and basically agree with what everyone else is saying - you do need to do site preparation before running it and if you don't it will inevitably get stuck on a cord/curtain/whatever else. That said, it does quite a good job and I'm consistently impressed at how much dust, dirt, and debris I empty from the receptacle after it finishes a cycle. I also absolutely wouldn't pay $400 for a robovac based on all of the extenuating factors.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Knot My President! posted:

I have the i8+ and it’s fantastic— it’s comprehensive / thorough enough that you can walk around barefoot and never collect dust if you regularly use it. However you do need to make sure there isn’t anything on the ground since it will get caught on cords and toys and stuff. I generally do a house sweep for debris and stuff first. The i8+ is the minimum I’d get for carpeting and the self emptying is really really useful. It’s a Costco exclusive that is the same as the i7 with a 20% larger battery and comes with a bunch of filter and bag replacements so it’s a really good deal

Also it doesn’t replace a vacuum for specific things and I agree it’s more a really convenient sweeper. I love mine though :)

We upgraded our 15-year-old Roomba with a more modern version last year. It doesn't auto-empty, but it does go home and recharge mid-clean. The new one has a camera and plots out where it has been and where it needs to go, and can also find home really quickly. It's kind of noisy on hardwood, but it sucks up plenty of dust from them.

If I were shopping for one now, I'd get the auto-emptying version. This new Roomba is small enough to get under our very low bed, and it comes out from under there with seemingly 10 years worth of dust every week. It'll head home and recharge, then it won't be able to continue because the bin is full.

We have to wander around and make sure phone chargers are off the floor and our closet doors are closed. The Roomba makes a bee-line for those closets and gets wedged inside 100% of the time. If a room is simply to onerous to check (teenager's room) we'll just close the door and get it the next week.

I'd run it more often but I work from home near the hardwoods and it's a little too noisy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I bought a refurbished Neato botvac from Meh or Woot, and it obviously had problems but worked well when it did work. I took the chance and bought one of their better models, and it was fantastic! I bought another, cheaper version for the less-trafficked-upstairs area. Neato actually added functions after I bought them to draw no-go zones in the app and stuff like that.

I sound like an infomercial, but I love my Neatos. I do take them into my work and give them a deep cleaning every 6-8 weeks, and regularly replace the filters (lol not buying the brand name ones, gently caress that). Brushes last way longer than they should if you take care of them.