Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Apparently they backfilled a bunch of cases that they just got around to testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm glad Costco is putting out the samples without making a worker hand them to people it's a little more safe I guess

lol every sample station still has someone there handling it / handing it out

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Zeroisanumber posted:

Apparently they backfilled a bunch of cases that they just got around to testing.

Fairy nuff.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zeroisanumber posted:

Butcher's bill will probably be similar to this year's going forward.

I checked out at about christmas time and dont know whats new but tweets sound bad

Is leonardi ok??

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Kylaer posted:

I see it happening on the patient list that I maintain. The patients are no longer listed as covid patients but they're still hanging around. Exactly what is keeping them in the hospital I don't have details of, I'm not opening their charts and prying into the details since they aren't my patients, but the PPE requirements are removed and they no longer are flagged as covid patients.

Items 9 and onward, I'm sure you've looked at this list before. The patients are no longer on the covid list, therefore they won't be reported by these metrics.

i'll back this up as well. at my hospital after day 18 you're considered COVID negative, all isolation is discontinued, no PPE needed, and you're not counted in the hospital COVID stats anymore. you're "COVID recovered". there have been multiple times where we had "only" 4 COVID patients in my ICU, with the rest being COVID recovered who were too sick to leave. statistically, our ICU only had 4 COVID patients.

im in Ohio where omicron hit hard very early. we would probably be seeing BA.2 admits if it was surging anywhere, and we just aren't seeing that yet, thankfully.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

runaway pancake posted:

the poster isnt being cautious, they're paralyzed in fear of taking a walk outside of their house while wearing airborne PPE. enabling this is shameful. it's funny (and sad) how some people here have found solidarity in being a hermit. this is supposed to be the loving communist forum and people are promoting individualistic lib nihilism. gently caress outta here

why are you trying to shame people into entering the plaguelands during a pandemic. if they want to stay home that's fine

talk about lib poo poo. is your name monica gandhi lmao

Kylaer posted:

Wear a respirator and you can socialize just fine. You can hang out with friends, indoors or outdoors, while wearing a respirator.

yeah true. everything will be just fine, and normal, as you alone wear a respirator, and are viewed with pity and suspicion by everyone else who has decided covid is over and its time to succ n fucc, who keep trying to convince you to stop being crazy and take your mask off, and who are spreading plague plumes amongst each other, right in ur face. And i mean, its not like respirators or n95s are ever worn incorrectly by accident. Or that a strap can break or something. Or that some psycho might even try to pull it off you. Everything is always fine, the world will always respect ur boundaries. Dont u want that applebees? Doesn't it sound worth it? Yeah, sounds great, real fun lol i just cant understand why some people don't want to go socialize right now

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Rah! posted:

why are you trying to shame people into entering the plaguelands during a pandemic. if they want to stay home that's fine

yeah true. everything will be just fine, and normal, as you alone wear a respirator, and are viewed with pity and suspicion by everyone else who has decided covid is over and its time to succ n fucc, who keep trying to convince you to stop being crazy and take your mask off, and who are spreading plague plumes amongst each other, right in ur face. And i mean, its not like respirators or n95s are ever worn incorrectly by accident. Or that a strap can break or something. Or that some psycho might even try to pull it off you. Everything is always fine, the world will always respect ur boundaries. Dont u want that applebees? Doesn't it sound worth it? Yeah, sounds great, real fun lol i just cant understand why some people don't want to go socialize right now

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Wrex Ruckus posted:

of course an Epstein virus would infect people when they're young

covid, the known dead man's trigger of Jeffrey Epstein, reactivates the Epstein-Barr virus (which infects most children)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ham Cheeks posted:

covid, the known dead man's trigger of Jeffrey Epstein, reactivates the Epstein-Barr virus (which infects most children)

it’s espteins all the way down

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

runaway pancake posted:

i'll back this up as well. at my hospital after day 18 you're considered COVID negative, all isolation is discontinued, no PPE needed, and you're not counted in the hospital COVID stats anymore. you're "COVID recovered". there have been multiple times where we had "only" 4 COVID patients in my ICU, with the rest being COVID recovered who were too sick to leave. statistically, our ICU only had 4 COVID patients.

im in Ohio where omicron hit hard very early. we would probably be seeing BA.2 admits if it was surging anywhere, and we just aren't seeing that yet, thankfully.

I'm a moron. Does that mean that if you hang out on a vent for 20 days before dying, you aren't counted as a covid death, because you're "recovered"?

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Welp, my partner has covid :(. I picked up a pulse oximeter and it's holding steady around 96-97, but sometimes will drop down to 93 briefly and then go back up. Is that normal? I'd imagine the time to worry is if it stays down there consistently, or is consistently trending lower but I'm not sure. We're both boosted up so hopefully it's nothing severe. I tested negative so far and am wearing an aura around the house, we'll see if I can avoid catching it.

Side note, forty bucks for a pulse ox at walgreens seems like a loving ripoff

salient
Jan 2, 2021
men are getting increasingly aggressive with the "take your mask off i just wanna see your pretty smile" poo poo in public

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GYamey/status/1494709427622064136?s=20&t=Q5tSA5cpHQAVfRP5a_2lOw

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
America has strong fall of USSR energy

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Koirhor posted:

it’s espteins all the way down

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Rah! posted:

I mean if you want to just chill at home forever, more power to you, nothing wrong with that

but if someone really wants to go for a walk outside by themselves but can't bring themselves to do it because they're convinced they'll catch covid and die unless they do three dozen mask fit checks before they open the door then that might be an actual problem

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Ham Cheeks posted:

:unsmigghh:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ham Cheeks posted:

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, the USSR had public services when it collapsed

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ham Cheeks posted:

:pray:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone knows whats going on in Maryland? First time I've seen a state hit 90% in overall hospitalizations in a long time.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, the USSR had public services when it collapsed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pillowpants posted:

omicron killed that many with NPIs in place. I’m going with 250

I hedged the possibility of something worse coming along and eating BA.2’s lunch.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/eugyppius1/status/1494765386704769032?s=20&t=Q5tSA5cpHQAVfRP5a_2lOw
Good news is that the comments are complaining about the normies afraid of COVID

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

GXL posted:

They were given two weeks at the Grand International Suck'n'gently caress, with a guarantee that the environment had absolutely no Covid. Here's why that's bad.

Who in their right loving mind derives joy from the olympics?

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Rah! posted:

taking a walk outside in airborne PPE is not dangerous. stop spreading anti-science lib poo poo, stick to DND

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

salient posted:

men are getting increasingly aggressive with the "take your mask off i just wanna see your pretty smile" poo poo in public

first idiot who tells me to take my mask off in public is getting straight up screamed at

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Pink Mist posted:

I'm a moron. Does that mean that if you hang out on a vent for 20 days before dying, you aren't counted as a covid death, because you're "recovered"?

no, you will still count as a death because COVID contributed/caused it

mystes
May 31, 2006

hellotoothpaste posted:

Who in their right loving mind derives joy from the olympics?
The IOC as they pocket their bribes?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

first idiot who tells me to take my mask off in public is getting straight up screamed at

just shout DAILY 9/11s until they're subdued

I haven't personally tried this so I can't guarantee its success

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pillsburysoldier posted:

I checked out at about christmas time and dont know whats new but tweets sound bad

Is leonardi ok??

None of us are, m'goon.

Virus is zoonotic so it'll always have a way to keep itself percolating through disease pools and it mutates rapidly. Newer version of Omicron is even more infectious than the previous version of Omicron.

Since it's just going to circulate without end, we're eventually going to end up with something that's more infectious than Measles and deadlier than Delta.

But you can protect yourself by keeping boosted and wearing a good mask.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

In the town I grew up in, you take your garbage up on the hillside and burn it like an offering to the American trash god

been that way for forty years

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

thalweg posted:

Welp, my partner has covid :(. I picked up a pulse oximeter and it's holding steady around 96-97, but sometimes will drop down to 93 briefly and then go back up. Is that normal? I'd imagine the time to worry is if it stays down there consistently, or is consistently trending lower but I'm not sure. We're both boosted up so hopefully it's nothing severe. I tested negative so far and am wearing an aura around the house, we'll see if I can avoid catching it.

Side note, forty bucks for a pulse ox at walgreens seems like a loving ripoff

Treat them with ibuprofen and keep them hydrated. If their ox drops below 90% head to the ED.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ham Cheeks posted:

Plus has a similar delusional level of leadership, brighter days are ahead of us!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

Maybe in the US, but us filthy euros are only offered nature's vaccine as a second booster.

I suppose the good news is that it becomes more available during the waves.

Borrow a sailboat.

Cross the North Atlantic in winter to the land of freedom.

This may actually be more dangerous than COVID-19. For now.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Ah yes, the only two options that exist:

1) abandon society and stay inside for the duration of my natural life, never again venturing beyond the threshold of my domicile, unless I am wearing MOPP4, in an endless nightmare of eternal restrictions and social isolation.

-OR-

2) Going outside right now for the fucnsucc with every stranger, payphone, and Applebee’s I can find.

:thunk:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
If you really wanna break your brain a little bit - look at your local facebook or nextdoor groups and see people posting their tables at restaurants to talk about how much they love them. No one posts their real faces on twitter unless they are turbo broke brained but facebook and nextdoor are full of people proud of being morons.

You dont need to pick on goons who are being extra cautious. Ill take people being extra cautious any day of the week over the restaurant and bar crowd.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I like to think that in this hellworld Mr Hootingtons wife is the one who infected Gene at the movie theater for spiderman so he's directly the reason why that guy is making long covid posts now.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Here's an anti mask idiot getting stomped by mountain security for trying to get on a skilift with no mask

https://www.reddit.com/r/skiing/comments/swgo1o/lifties_now_getting_combat_pay/

pretty funny. Also, the places I ski definitely will NOT do this, or say jack poo poo to unmasked chodes, despite in theory having the same policy. And that's why I wear an elastomeric when I am in line and it's not ski-on-lifts.

everyone hates it when the lift slows down, so, this dude is doing a cool job making friends from all sides.

e: I find poo poo like this much, much funnier and more satisfying than hermaincainaward content, at this point. It's funny, the loser loses, and it shows some people somewhere are enforcing rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Remember how I said my mother had long covid and her blood vessels were exploding?

I was talking to her today and she didnt remember telling me about it OR that long covid is a real thing.