Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
bryan danielson was the first pro wrestling vlogger

and even if you count The Wrestling Road Diaries, he was in that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I wish Bryan Danielson actually did all that.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dave Schilling - if you're reading this, and I bet you are - both you and that promo deserved to be mocked and you know why, you perv.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
FTR come across as very similar to Bret, in that they don't seem happy unless they have something to moan about.

I mean, yeah, it's rubbish that someone you opened up to was a dick to you about it in front of their mates, but maybe try and deal with it there and then privately rather than waiting years to bring it up on a podcast.

WWE wasn't the right fit for FTR, and they've excelled since leaving since they don't have to deal with what held them down. But at the same time, the passive aggressive Bret is better than Shawn stuff they do is just lame.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pitwar posted:

FTR come across as very similar to Bret, in that they don't seem happy unless they have something to moan about.

I mean, yeah, it's rubbish that someone you opened up to was a dick to you about it in front of their mates, but maybe try and deal with it there and then privately rather than waiting years to bring it up on a podcast.

WWE wasn't the right fit for FTR, and they've excelled since leaving since they don't have to deal with what held them down. But at the same time, the passive aggressive Bret is better than Shawn stuff they do is just lame.

Freaking Bret needing to moan about WWE loving him over and killing his brother what a baby.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pitwar posted:

That sounds like a great way to guarantee your WWE career is dead on the spot considering the amount of power Shawn and his rear end in a top hat friends had back in the day.

Yes, what you're proposing would absolutely be the adult and reasonable move, but in WWE where poo poo like "wrestler's court" and "The Undertaker making GBS threads in people's bags as revenge for perceived slights" and "people getting physically assaulted and proverbially buried for not respecting the vets enough" were the order of the day, I can 100% see why someone who isn't established would be pressured into just keeping quiet and not making waves.

E: and unequivocally gently caress Shawn Michaels and his rear end in a top hat friends. The guy was a great wrestler when he felt like it, but also a huge loving piss baby who would literally take his toys and go home when he didn't get his own way. The business is better for his retirement.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 23, 2022

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That sounds like a great way to guarantee your WWE career is dead on the spot considering the amount of power Shawn and his rear end in a top hat friends had back in the day.

Yes, what you're proposing would absolutely be the adult and reasonable move, but in WWE where poo poo like "wrestler's court" and "The Undertaker making GBS threads in people's bags as revenge for perceived slights" and "people getting physically assaulted and proverbially buried for not respecting the vets enough" were the order of the day, I can 100% see why someone who isn't established would be pressured into just keeping quiet and not making waves.

E: and unequivocally gently caress Shawn Michaels and his rear end in a top hat friends. The guy was a great wrestler when he felt like it, but also a huge loving piss baby who would literally take his toys and go home when he didn't get his own way. The business is better for his retirement.

I get that, but it was clear from the interview at that point they were kind of at the point where they knew WWE wasn't going to be the place for them, and it wasn't long after that they left. I don't really think they had much to lose. You never know, Vince and his crazy ways might have seen it as a good thing depending on his mood that day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Freaking Bret needing to moan about WWE loving him over and killing his brother what a baby.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pitwar posted:

I get that, but it was clear from the interview at that point they were kind of at the point where they knew WWE wasn't going to be the place for them, and it wasn't long after that they left. I don't really think they had much to lose. You never know, Vince and his crazy ways might have seen it as a good thing depending on his mood that day.

Except that WWE absolutely has held people wanting to leave hostage for far less serious transgressions

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

MassRafTer posted:

I clearly don't mean the Owen thing. He's obviously right to feel resentment for certain things that have happened to him and his family.

What I was getting at is when he's interviewed it's rarely about anything positive, and he just moans about what he doesn't like and wrestlers he hates. He was like this before Montreal and Owen. The guy has never come across as positive to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pitwar posted:

I mean it's only a company with a decades long history of abuse and the guy they'd be complaining about works in the office and is best friends with the guy who covered up the last abuse scandal and let the victims get fired, if not fired them himself.

Pitwar posted:

I clearly don't mean the Owen thing. He's obviously right to feel resentment for certain things that have happened to him and his family.

What I was getting at is when he's interviewed it's rarely about anything positive, and he just moans about what he doesn't like and wrestlers he hates. He was like this before Montreal and Owen. The guy has never come across as positive to me.

You've obviously never seen Bret Hart talk about Melina.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pitwar posted:

I get that, but it was clear from the interview at that point they were kind of at the point where they knew WWE wasn't going to be the place for them, and it wasn't long after that they left.

FTR didn't leave WWE for like 18 months after that, mostly cause WWE refused to release them

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

MassRafTer posted:

I mean it's only a company with a decades long history of abuse and the guy they'd be complaining about works in the office and is best friends with the guy who covered up the last abuse scandal and let the victims get fired, if not fired them himself.

I'm not defending WWE in anyway, that place can crumble to the ground as far as I'm concerned.

You're right that they have buried people for less than standing up for yourself, I guess as I'm so disconnected from their product that I forget how awful they can be and are. And The Kliq being dicks to someone isn't really big news to me, that's up there with water being wet.

It's good that Dax opened up about it, and I'd like to now maybe Shawn feels like a cock for it. There seems to be people like KOR, Cole and Gargano who are big on Shawn and how instrumental he was to their careers and won't say a bad word, yet the Bret guys say the opposite. The Bret vs Shawn feud is never-ending it seems.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

they should have made fun of shawn back and laughed at the hat he glues to his head to hide his baldness

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1496491863427235845

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if FTR have any gripes with Billy. Dax mentioned that Waltman was the only one to thank them and everyone else just walked away, but of course now they work in a company with Billy. I mean, they're all adults and I'm sure they can talk through that sort of thing since it's not as deeply lovely as "I'm going to listen to your personal story, tell you how much I connect with it, and then mock you for it in front of other people".

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Pitwar posted:

Counterpoint: you’re lame

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They should have mocked shawn for going from a hot guy to a ugly leather hided freak. Or for breaking wrestlings only real retirement to do a dogshit match for Saudi money. Really there's a lot to make fun of Shawn for.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Counterpoint: you’re lame

I appreciate the effort in the response. Good to have these discussions about recent wrestling news.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fsmhunk posted:

They should have mocked shawn for going from a hot guy to a ugly leather hided freak. Or for breaking wrestlings only real retirement to do a dogshit match for Saudi money. Really there's a lot to make fun of Shawn for.

The idea that a retirement on a WWE show that WWE themselves were trying to get him to break was the only real retirement is very funny.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Sean Waltman is the best member of the Kliq and always has been.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Sean Waltman is the best member of the Kliq and always has been.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gabe Kidd is stepping away for a bit

https://twitter.com/GabrielKidd_/status/1496467527957897222

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1496507390140850177

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sounds like the best thing for him to do, hope he has a decent break and comes back in a better headspace

e: Gabe, not Serpentico

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/willospreay/status/1496486701094613000?s=21

Will has a lot of faults but it’s looking a lot like he’s been the driving force behind getting Gabe some help.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

great

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sad that it came to this. Mental health problems loving suck. Hope he's able to bounce back from this down the line because he is clearly an extremely good talent who could go far. Kinda hope he doesn't have to rely on the NHS because it's quality of mental health care is not great, purely from government underfunding.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Erm, but his interactions on social media suck to me though??

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm willing to give Kidd the benefit of the doubt that the stuff against speaking out probably was d7e to the mental health stuff and wish him the best as he is getting treatment

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Bret was right and keeps being right.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The best way to deal with shitheads in WWE is to just sucker punch them with a roll of quarters, the way one of the Rougeaus did to Dynamite Kid

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/kagiriarumori/status/1496448877515644929

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

zack baeber junior

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

comrade-kuuuuuuuuuuun

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pitwar posted:

Bret talks positively about a lot of people but no one is making compilations of those because it wouldn’t be funny like him burying triple h

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Bret talks positively about a lot of people but no one is making compilations of those because it wouldn’t be funny like him burying triple h

Same with FTR, they routinely tweet positive stuff about wrestlers they admire and respect.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it's actually CM Punk doing the Bret Hart gimmick now

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

That entire account is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1496656162753810436?s=20&t=9-ENHynooQMIc2d6_zP7HQ

:3: