Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

How the hell did Pat King pass the background check and get Authorization To Transport for a restricted firearm that quick?

He doesn’t even have a firearms License in Alberta.

https://twitter.com/carymarules/status/1497230294688022530?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

MA-Horus posted:

How the hell did Pat King pass the background check and get Authorization To Transport for a restricted firearm that quick?

My guess is that someone at Cabella's or whichever gun store he went to didn't look at his PAL too closely and follow up with a call or two. That someone has had a visit from the RCMP by now, who then contacted the Crown attorney with that information when the officer saw the news coverage about King. Bureaucratic blindness is my guess as to why this wasn't known earlier; the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Technically it's a federal license but yes, if someone has a restricted firearm (registered to them) the Chief firearms officer should be shaking them upside down to make sure they don't have them still when their firearms license expires/revoked.

The delay between expiry and revocation is also due to the fact the law considers an expired license valid for possession only for up to 6 months after expiry to give someone time to renew their license.

But if I'm reading the Twitter thread correctly the crown is wanting to add new conditions to his bail, as he has past evidence of not abiding court orders (by using the acquisition of a restricted firearm after being told not to possess).

Edit: Potential possession of a firearm could be relevant but being charitable Pat King could have sold or transferred all his firearms after being given a peace bond thus not requiring to report stolen, lost firearm etc.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 25, 2022

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

[b]Knock off the Ukraine chat, there's a thread for it.

Why? Canada has a Special Relationship with Ukraine, it bears significantly on Canadian politics

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Does this count as Ukraine chat or CanPol chat?

https://twitter.com/globalnewsto/status/1497246609272418308

terrorist ambulance posted:

Why? Canada has a Special Relationship with Ukraine, it bears significantly on Canadian politics

Are we not home to the largest population of Ukrainians and people of Ukrainian descent outside of Ukraine?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

HackensackBackpack posted:

Are we not home to the largest population of Ukrainians and people of Ukrainian descent outside of Ukraine?

Shhh don't say that in the middle of a violent de-nazification

Also Del Duca needs to shut his word hole instead of trying to make political hay during a crisis with stupid, performative gestures

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This is obviously fine as it relates to local events as well as Ukraine.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
It’s also quite stupid a largely insubstantial, a perfect subject for canpol as a topic

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

It’s also quite stupid a largely insubstantial, a perfect subject for canpol as a topic

Sounds like it's right up our alley as a province, then!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Russia blocks Ontario wine and Alberta Rye: “This is violence!” -Canada

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Nobody cares about Alberta rye, but if they blocked Alberta beef on the other hand...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

Also Del Duca needs to shut his word hole instead of trying to make political hay during a crisis with stupid, performative gestures

He's a politician, and one from a rump party that barely exists. This is literally all he has to do right now.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"Let's stop buying things from a country that has invaded our ally"

By jove, he's a genius. Surely there is no existing mechanism to do this, and but for the astute insights of this political hero, we'd have pulled a real boner that time lads. Time to walk the dogs though, I do so love Alsatians

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

By jove, he's a genius. Surely there is no existing mechanism to do this, and but for the astute insights of this political hero, we'd have pulled a real boner that time lads. Time to walk the dogs though, I do so love Alsatians

He's probably dumb enough to think that all vodka comes from Russia, and not just one particular brand in the liquor marts.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Randalor posted:

He's probably dumb enough to think that all vodka comes from Russia, and not just one particular brand in the liquor marts.

Please buy vodka made with PEI potatoes. We're in the process of renaming it to "Freedom Juice".

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

This is obviously fine as it relates to local events as well as Ukraine.

There are two IKs for this thread for a reason. It is a non-US thread with its own posting style, discussion topics, and concerns that you are not aware of. gently caress off out of our thread and let us discuss things as we will.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

I'm not saying it's good or useful, I'm saying it's basically the only reason he exists right now.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yup that's the ABC party leader mantra: Always Be Consumingoxygen

god our political fuckscape in ontario is depressing, where's our charismatic leader promising they alone can solve all our problems

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well, let's be real here, would you have even thought of Del Duca this month if not for that stupid tweet?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Well, let's be real here, would you have even thought of Del Duca this month if not for that stupid tweet?

No he just fades in with all the other pasta brands I never buy at Galenville.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/JVRobil/status/1497271455079403521?s=20&t=ppRffOoHrzfkEO9GkGOjDA

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

E: dangit

Uh oh, looks like the idiots with no regard for the law are breaking another law.

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1497270440930197509

George Billings isn't as widely known, I don't think, if you're not already steeped in this trucker culture. He's "Freedom George", a Pat King pal whose job is to stream things and yell "Freedom!" all the time. He's up on mischief, obstruction, and counselling to commit charges, like most of the bigger names (Lich, King, etc.) Got arrested on livestream while bragging about evading cops and going downtown when he wasn't supposed to.

Supporters apparently have logged into the Zoom hearing and are livestreaming their laptop. You can't record court.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

flakeloaf posted:

Yup that's the ABC party leader mantra: Always Be Consumingoxygen

god our political fuckscape in ontario is depressing, where's our charismatic leader promising they alone can solve all our problems

Still amazed Horwath hasn’t been ousted, Political instincts of a brain damaged trout

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Still amazed Horwath hasn’t been ousted, Political instincts of a brain damaged trout

Who else would lead? She got 85% support at her last leadership review.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Whichever one of yall is playing Jim Watson's music, knock it off that poo poo ain't funny

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Jason Kenney says Land Back

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1497278119643803653

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:rip: Arivia, went down swinging.

Who else would lead? She got 85% support at her last leadership review.

Someone should see if Bob Rae is up for another turn at bat.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

E: dangit

Uh oh, looks like the idiots with no regard for the law are breaking another law.

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1497270440930197509

George Billings isn't as widely known, I don't think, if you're not already steeped in this trucker culture. He's "Freedom George", a Pat King pal whose job is to stream things and yell "Freedom!" all the time. He's up on mischief, obstruction, and counselling to commit charges, like most of the bigger names (Lich, King, etc.) Got arrested on livestream while bragging about evading cops and going downtown when he wasn't supposed to.

Supporters apparently have logged into the Zoom hearing and are livestreaming their laptop. You can't record court.

The man in the video who showed his face is Owen Oakes aka Owen Swiderski, one of Pat King's underlings.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 25, 2022

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Arivia was right, as this thread is supposed to be a demilitarized hangout zone with less oversight, of which I've informed Commie. Arivia's probation has also been reduced to six hours for being rude to a guest in her home.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Nobody cares about Alberta rye, but if they blocked Alberta beef on the other hand...

I care ok. I care about Alberta rye.

There. I’m not totally biased against Alberta after all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Koos Group posted:

Arivia was right, as this thread is supposed to be a demilitarized hangout zone with less oversight, of which I've informed Commie. Arivia's probation has also been reduced to six hours for being rude to a guest in her home.

Yup, I stand corrected. Sorry for the US invasion, I will return to my borders. Apology Arivia.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ukraine chat is largely fine since it's obviously relevant to Canada, but try not to get into slapfights over it and focus on the CanCon aspects. Like a big ole effort post on Canada's role in NATO and meddling in Ukraine would be great, but rehashing the same debates as in the various Eastern Europe threads isn't likely to be productive (see the last China derail).

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

The judge warned that the stream was illegal

They're still doing it.

https://twitter.com/PatKingZoom/status/1497251451525021708?s=20&t=Nm1hvWBZBQwplmU1PoZ2ag

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Denied
https://mobile.twitter.com/aballinga/status/1497295732017094658

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Justice Seymour says Pat King will be prosecuted for consecutive "lengthly" sentences

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

That JP just saved that sureties life imo

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Judge just scolded Pat King and his defence for protesting COVID safety measures and then using COVID as an excuse to get bail

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1497297272962486278?s=20&t=gsrMkgxX2SqlKG0N0A0O9A

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 25, 2022

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Important news!

https://twitter.com/mattybing/status/1497297623333715977

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

No bail, can't talk to any of the other truck nutz

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1497298676355637248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Just FYI this person you are tweet quoting is uuh "problematic". Pals around and platforms a lot of right wing shitheads Andy Ngo style.

https://twitter.com/mzfitzzz/status/1491181969555980290?t=wOYbN2Ki6h2DetT1B9XD3g&s=19