Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Siliziumleben posted:

thoughts on reading this chapter:

- I didn't expect the masked CP0 guy to be a jobber

He and the beard CP0 guy took out some of the Numbers, scared off Apoo, emasculated Drake, and took Izo (one of Whitebeard's commanders) down with him. This is coming after both of them bounced off of Kazenbo which was made entirely out of fire. Ain't no jobbing in CP0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

He and the beard CP0 guy took out some of the Numbers, scared off Apoo, emasculated Drake, and took Izo (one of Whitebeard's commanders) down with him. This is coming after both of them bounced off of Kazenbo which was made entirely out of fire. Ain't no jobbing in CP0.

Scratchman Apoo, famous for losing to CP-0, would be one to say they aren't jobbers

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man

Siliziumleben posted:

thoughts on reading this chapter:

- pudding and sanji will get married
- I really don't care for Momonosuke being The Chosen One
- I didn't expect the masked CP0 guy to be a jobber
- it's still jarring to see tama's mind-control dango fruit be played for laughs
- 20-something linlin was a hottie
- the Five Elders are scared of Luffy's fruit awakening, which sucks since it makes Luffy The Other Chosen One
- Zoro ain't getting back up again, and if he does he'll have taken some kind of permanent damage

re your 6th: doesn't have to be a Real Chosen One thing, and more afraid of an impersonation of the myth? The WG and the Elders have been working on many other power plays such as Kumabots and whatever Vegapunk 's new development was, so they really want to cement that power without any pirates in play (and no I have no idea how Shanks fits in all this), and as mysterious as that Imu thing may be it is still aligned with those interests.
Momo had a nice line about how not even his dad could predict the future, stuff like that really makes me admire Oda on his message and on how great a writer he is.
This story is good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good chapter

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Elijah Snow posted:

re your 6th: doesn't have to be a Real Chosen One thing, and more afraid of an impersonation of the myth?

This is a important distinction to me. Luffy is strong because of who he is as a person (and child endangerment by Garp) not because of his DNA.

He's not born to be Joyboy or Nika but he can wear those mantles because he fits the role.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 25, 2022

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Raizo's "battle" interspersed throughout the last few chapters has been -badass-.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
chapter's ok, but how about that cover page???

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

so it kind of seems like the elders...were talking about the gum gum fruit with all that awakening business? The order coming right through to ice luffy and all.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So that is indeed the real Hiyori, how the gently caress did she get onto the island? And how is her future husband, Zoro, supposed to save her?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
one piece... bad?

jk

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

chapter's ok, but how about that cover page???

it was the third best thing in the chapter, behind Luffy’s final(?) attack and of course Orochi’s face when he realized how much Hiyori hated him. That genuine sadness :allears:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jiro posted:

So that is indeed the real Hiyori, how the gently caress did she get onto the island? And how is her future husband, Zoro, supposed to save her?

same boat as tama?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Good chapter

Glad to see Hiyori getting some spotlight before the finale.

I don't think there's a character in the series as miserable and pitiful as Orochi. He spends 20 years believing the samurai were coming to enact revenge on him and when he finally confronts them they can barely be bothered to acknowledge him besides "Out of our way, your judgement will be decided in hell". He's thrown aside like trash by Kaido and foes alike then in his cowardly attempt for revenge he ends up buried in his own burning rubble. Now he dies meaninglessly, betrayed and forgotten by everyone besides his fake fiance returning from the grave to call him a piece of poo poo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lol that Big Mom started out looking like a gremlin, then got hot, then went back to gremlin mode

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jiro posted:

Enel gave her a ride there obviously

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

New Merphy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRkf76mRtY

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

RC Cola posted:

one piece... bad?

one piece? more like one poop!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

None Piece for me, thanks.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

what about some piece

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Kaido flashback imminent!

Also if CP-0 goes after Luffy, Kaido is almost certainly going to defend him against them after he realizes Luffy is Joyboy.

Raizo loving owns.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Kaido flashback imminent!

Also if CP-0 goes after Luffy, Kaido is almost certainly going to defend him against them after he realizes Luffy is Joyboy.

Raizo loving owns.

someone posted a theory that the cp0 person will fight drake and this whole drag out with the cp0 was specifically so we can get a small infodump between drake and cp0 to amp the climax of the final fight and im inclined to believe it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Zakutambah posted:

Raizo's "battle" interspersed throughout the last few chapters has been -badass-.

:hmmyes:

i don't know what preparations he was talking about but I hope it's a sick rear end party

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

pretty telling that i've never heard None Piece before...

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Where the hell is Denjiro? We haven't seen him since they killed Kanjuro in the basement right?

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Lpzie posted:

pretty telling that i've never heard None Piece before...

left beef

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
New theory, Zoro is actually dead. Can't be the "King of Hell" without travelling to Hell, and toppling the throne. Then his soul will get lost, and wind up back in his body.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd feel bad for the CP0 guy being ordered to go try and assassinate a guy currently successfully going toe to toe with the strongest creature in the world but gently caress him, couldn't happen to a nicer guy t:mad:t

Same deal with Orochi.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
i hope orochi follows the crew to Elbaf

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I usually don't engage in the Anime Horny but Big Mom is so loving hot oh my god

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Glad my big bro Franky rescued Zoro

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

i hope orochi follows the crew to Elbaf

Orochi & Kanjuro just keep going arc to arc dying 3-4 times

it'll stick one of these days!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Zakutambah posted:

New theory, Zoro is actually dead. Can't be the "King of Hell" without travelling to Hell, and toppling the throne. Then his soul will get lost, and wind up back in his body.

I got a theory that's mostly the same except Brook helps bring him back.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bleck posted:

I usually don't engage in the Anime Horny but Big Mom is so loving hot oh my god

Big Mommy

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Turns out that Big Mom is actually a cautionary tale about what having 80 kids will do to your body.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Turns out that Big Mom is actually a cautionary tale about what having 80 kids will do to your body.

Turn you into a giant who can punch through steel beams?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

AtomikKrab posted:

Turn you into a giant who can punch through steel beams?

She was kind of already doing that as a child.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I am really looking forward to seeing what turned Kido from an idealistic youth into a ruthless (and alcoholic) tyrant; the glimpse we got from King's point of view and Kiado's own memory are implying a kind of awkward and :airquote: innocent :airquote: person.

Edit: There was something kind in Kaido once and it got beat the gently caress out of him and I really want to see what it was.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 27, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
chapter is out: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1041/chapter/24061

we should be getting a flashback for Kaido and it looks like it should be happening really soon

we don't have a clear resolution to what actually happened with Zoro

I like Bounceman but love Snakeman's design

where the gently caress are the samurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Snakeman is pretty cool but I think I prefer Bounceman, it looks goofier which makes it feel more Luffy-like, if that makes sense.