Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Judakel posted:

Were those videos of Russian POWs faked?

Nope, haven't see any evidence to that end thusfar.

Do you have a point with this Judakel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It would have been cool to have a Nazi bone theme park with a Nazi skeleton roller coaster though. I would concede that. Like, it would make xylophone sounds and stuff too.

Uh, no not really unless you are like a psychopath.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

Believe it when I see it, given that so far they've actually been super accommodating to POWs, gonna take this with a massive grain of salt.

Check the guy tweeting it: Fox News Business and producer for Larry Kudlow :thunk:

Also it's a link to a facebook page

Now, what country is good at creating fake facebook accounts to spread disinformation? :thunk:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

It's not admission of a war crime, it's posturing online. If they do slaughter surrendering soldiers like pigs then yes that would be a war crime.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/rsiren2/status/1498799232177872906

I'm curious how many troops Ukraine's added this way.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CommieGIR posted:

I ask because I've seen some videos of POWs getting slapped around.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

i think there is zero way russia installs yanukovych given how vocal he has been about returning crimea to ukraine.

Yeah plus Yanukovych is already unpopular, you could always find some random person with some political experience who would be better suited.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why hasn't/can't Biden just shut off Fox News after outing it as a Russian propaganda mouthpiece? :psyduck:

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
This kid looks hungry

https://twitter.com/UkraineIam/status/1498998837222023169

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/rsiren2/status/1498799232177872906

I'm curious how many troops Ukraine's added this way.

I'm curious how Russia will react when they capture / kill and recover some of these volunteers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Judakel posted:

And your decision was to share a Fox News source? The New source that actively went to bat for Putin frequently in the past?

TulliusCicero posted:

Check the guy tweeting it: Fox News Business and producer for Larry Kudlow :thunk:

Also it's a link to a facebook page

Now, what country is good at creating fake facebook accounts to spread disinformation? :thunk:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Why hasn't/can't Biden just shut off Fox News after outing it as a Russian propaganda mouthpiece? :psyduck:

Judakel posted:

:thunk: but ever growing in size until it as big as Russia

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Dante posted:

Yeah plus Yanukovych is already unpopular, you could always find some random person with some political experience who would be better suited.

Unless you want to install someone that will piss everyone off so you have an excuse to, say, round up and imprison or execute a bunch of people

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I think he’s referring to videos of alleged saboteurs tied up and humiliated that are floating around Twitter. I did see a lot of people questioning their veracity though.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Starks posted:

I think he’s referring to videos of alleged saboteurs tied up and humiliated that are floating around Twitter.

loving up saboteurs and spies isn't a war crime.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

My Twitter feed is usually filled with fluff. Right now there is one person filling it with "no war but class war" and I am about to pop off.

I would yell at them, but it would mostly be a gigantic mess about everything I read in the past few days, and incoherent screaming. =/

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hell if you're Russian you might actually get to eat to you surrender, and probably not shot by your officer for desertion

Seems like a pretty good deal :shrug:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

How are u posted:

Yeah this was a plot point in Stalag 17

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

KitConstantine posted:

Unless you want to install someone that will piss everyone off so you have an excuse to, say, round up and imprison or execute a bunch of people

Pretty sure they don't need an excuse to do this and are probably already doing it. Keeping the cost of an occupation down would be extremely important to Russia. Ukraine has a little under a third of the population that Russia does, occupying a displease populace of that size is going to be an awful drain on Russia's economy - especially since Ukraine isn't wealthy to begin with.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Read his posting in the cspam thread if you want to just skip to the end of what he wants to say.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

This guy might as well be an unregistered foreign agent. Everything he posts is anti-Ukraine and a retweet from Candace Owens is on his main page. And he seems proud to announce that he works for Larry Kudlow, so we can tell he's a complete loving moron.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Slaughtered like pigs might have come from this (stolen from GiP thread)
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1499090277197357056

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

And your decision was to share a Fox News source? The New source that actively went to bat for Putin frequently in the past?

Unfortunately, it's real. I found the facebook post and the page seems to be legit - created in 2015, lots of posts, etc.

This is just one branch of the army though, and it's the most hardcore guys. I suspect it's a bad cop thing - can't be killed for manning artillery if you run the gently caress away.

Edit: The post if you want proof
I have a feeling it'll end up getting taken down though. I hope so :sigh:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pook Good Mook posted:

This guy might as well be an unregistered foreign agent. Everything he posts is anti-Ukraine and a retweet from Candace Owens is on his main page. And he seems proud to announce that he works for Larry Kudlow, so we can tell he's a complete loving moron.

He really want to blame Ukraine for the war crimes.

His jaw and fingers sure get a workout pumping Putin propaganda

Here's my 1488 word dissertation on why killing war criminals is itself a war crime

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

In all honesty regarding Fox News:

Biden COULD shut it off but Rupert Murdoch would throw a fit about "muh free sperch" and every boomer in every community in America would go into a blood frenzy like Day of the Dead zombies, due to not having their daily fix of Hate

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

https://twitter.com/AnonUkraineAnon/status/1499091842121580550

If this is true and Glonass is offline (it's equiv to USA gps), that's a serious escalation.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Is this becomes a bigger thing no doubt Putin will have any deserter's families locked up to discourage them

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Seems big, but I don't know how usual this kind of thing is

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1499097305525493770?t=p8b5gUUo2jrYisLb_4H4EA&s=19

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Reading up on all the sanctions going into effect against Russia, has anyone really stated the conditions for the sanctions to be lifted? I hear "due to the situation in Ukraine", "commit to peace", "not at this time", but it seems counterproductive to have open ended sanctions when they all really mean "remove putin and institute democracy" which Iraq has been working on for decades.

"Hey Russians, remove putin and eventually you won't all be destitute, when we feel like it" seems like it's going to do less to remove him and more for people to go "gently caress you, maybe we won't"

- Complete Russian retreat from Ukraine, including DNR, LNR and Crimea
- De-armong of separatists
- Handing over leading separatists to be tried for treason (Yanukovich as a bonus)
- Reparations for all Ukrainian losses of live and material since 2014
- The first born of every oligarch, duma-member and military or intelligence officer above colonel, to be held in escrow in a neutral country
... would be a start

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Biden COULD poo poo it off but Rupert Murdoch would throw a fit about "muh free sperch" and every boomer in every community in America would go into a blood frenzy like Day of the Dead zombies

Um, no. He literally can't do that. People screaming about freedom of the press would be absolutely right.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Scaramouche posted:

Slaughtered like pigs might have come from this (stolen from GiP thread)
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1499090277197357056

I hope they keep going with the "feeding PoWs angle" over the revenge war crime direction

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CommieGIR posted:

How is it relevant that it is a Fox News source when the post they are referring to is real?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/TDeryugina/status/1499039974255218690

http://deryugina.com/a-view-from-russian-academia/

quote:

“I want to assure you that I am very upset by what’s going on. I recently had a political discussion at work and learned the positions of some of my colleagues. Slightly less than half (me included) share your view, a few others (one of whom has relatives in Donetsk) think that Ukraine didn’t carry out the Minsk agreement and was shelling Donbas, as a result of which Ukraine provoked Putin to start all this and to end nationalism and genocide of residents of that region (they are still against military intervention, but think they would have started sooner or later regardless). One colleague thinks that, like Kosovo, Crimea was annexed legitimately (the region decided for itself) and DPR and LPR should follow its example, and a military operation will be helpful. And a few colleagues have communist viewpoints and think that Russians in Ukraine were being oppressed, that Ukraine wanted to be a threat to Russia and place weapons aimed at the Russian Federation in the East of the country (including in Crimea). They think that, sooner or later, Ukraine, together with Western countries, would have started an aggression against Russia and so in their view the destruction of the Russian economy because of this war is better than the destruction of Russia itself if it were to take no action with respect to Crimea and Donbas. And so they are expecting that Russia will gain control of Ukraine as a result of what’s going on now, after which it will install a puppet government or even try to annex the country or part of it.

I feel very uncomfortable that I am telling you other people’s personal views, and I ask you not to refer directly to what I said, but I hope that this somehow helps us understand the situation. Here is also my view as to why the Russian people are not protesting en masse:

- Negative influence of the USSR: beginning with the immigration after 1917 and Stalinist purges and ending with the destruction of the will to live freely to the falling apart of the country. People didn’t live normally and so don’t want to live normally now, those who protest are mostly very young.
- A non-trivial share of the people are idiots. They can’t or, for many reasons, don’t want to absorb non-one-sided information and just want to be “outside of politics”. And the most accessible information is, sadly, propaganda.
- Propaganda is literally EVERYWHERE. On TV it reaches absurd proportions, and besides that special bot farms write a huge number of online comments, forming a false public opinion and swaying those who are uncertain to their side.
- A huge army of siloviki (strongmen). Ukraine’s Maidan could happen because resistance [against the protestors] was not comparable to that of Russia and Belorussia. The Russian government has a huge horde of policemen and Rosgvardiya [National Guard of Russia] who get paid decent money just for brutally beating people who simply show up to a demonstration (and actually get pleasure out of doing so because they are idealistic and see enemies in those who show up). Then they imprison the people for 30 days and then create problems for them in their studies or work. And any resistance leads to a huge prison sentence. I’m not even mentioning, that people can be jailed for several years for tweets or social media posts (this is not an exaggeration!)

I hope this helps you understand the situation. I apologize for any colleagues and countrymen who may be responding to your email negatively.

Not shocking, I suppose.

https://twitter.com/yudbrit/status/1498946489942433796

Filed under 'wat':

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1499096786807447554

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

How are u posted:

Yes it absolutely is if you have captured them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Everybody is expelling everybody lately, just another day in politics.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

unknown posted:

If this is true and Glonass is offline (it's equiv to USA gps), that's a serious escalation.

That account is giving off a somewhat trashy vibe, especially the nuclear reactor part, and how it was presented.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Twincityhacker posted:

My Twitter feed is usually filled with fluff. Right now there is one person filling it with "no war but class war" and I am about to pop off.

I would yell at them, but it would mostly be a gigantic mess about everything I read in the past few days, and incoherent screaming. =/

Are you actually getting mad about an anti-war slogan or are you misusing an anti-war slogan

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

This poo poo happens all the time and is symbolic. The embassy and its staff are staying open.

The real trick will be leaving by train. Sure as poo poo can't fly home!

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
RT reporting ~2000 Russian casualties, 500 KIA ~1600 injured. And that's the Russian reported number of their own casualties--so what is that, like 3% of their active invasion force? Seems like a lot for a modern war. Isn't that the equivalent of like 5 years of combat casualties for the US in Afghanistan at the height of the war there?

TulliusCicero posted:

Biden COULD shut it off but Rupert Murdoch would throw a fit about "muh free sperch" and every boomer in every community in America would go into a blood frenzy like Day of the Dead zombies, due to not having their daily fix of Hate

lol, the US constitution, so dumb right?? It'd be definitely totally OK for Biden to undertake blatantly unconstitutional activities to suppress a major American media outlet. Definitely nothing bad could happen from that.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

unknown posted:

First they got the temperature readings on a reseach reactor at an international facility, now they got data showing a satellite is orbiting around the earth (???) Great job