Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Oh hey ours was doing that too! It sucked!

I can't imagine doing that while juggling childcare

where are you going to be working any given month? who knows! just watch your acw best that you can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Doing one and a half years of cocaine every six months for the rest of your life.

Mildly.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I don't even do much coding anymore, most of my job is explaining why a thing works a certain way or offering interpretations on rules

I got to tell a bunch of people how this dumb poo poo works today
https://www.ncqa.org/hedis/measures/plan-all-cause-readmissions/

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Inspector Hound posted:

Has anyone pointed out to their boss that they've been able to work from home for a year or more and they clearly never need to go back to the office ever again

"He's one of those crazy people. He'll get over it"

"we have been able to interview across the whole country and find actual talent" has also been an extremely successful argument

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't even do much coding anymore, most of my job is explaining why a thing works a certain way or offering interpretations on rules

I got to tell a bunch of people how this dumb poo poo works today
https://www.ncqa.org/hedis/measures/plan-all-cause-readmissions/

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Apr 7, 2003

The readmission rates for 2020 on that page are highly suspicous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does it count as a readmission if they come back already dead

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Got my secureclick hardshell filters. Goddamn these things are big and heavy. I do like that they're mostly black, though. Makes the caver doom mask look more menacing.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

fosborb posted:

place I used to work for was ramping up performance thresholds for "getting to work from home." don't hit those numbers for the month, and you have to come back into the office. insane

It's crazy how many places desperately try to tighten the screws instead of doing things to actually make their employees want to stick around.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Does it count as a readmission if they come back already dead

They can't be readmitted if they're dead, they don't count if they die during the initial stay, and if they're admitted more than four times in the year they're an outlier and no longer count.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
After two months of being in the office I noped out today after they went masks off and am going to try and only go in one day a week if I can going forward (not sure if I'll be able to pull that off) and gonna go ahead and polish up that resume to see if I can get a fully remote job somewhere without having to take too big of a pay cut.

Apr 7, 2003

I'm itchy all over where my clothes cover and I've been itchy all fuckin week

I wonder if I'm suddenly allergic to something in the laundry or if it's just anxiety.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

I wonder if I'm suddenly allergic to something in the laundry or if it's just anxiety.

Anxiety can trigger allergies, so why not both?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Based on personal experience it can be both at the same time.

Apr 7, 2003

maybe I'm dying

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Inspector Hound posted:

I feel dumb for not getting it, any company that stops using an office would save enormous amounts on rent, utilities, and sexual harassment lawsuits

It's not about profits or money in general. It's about control.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

We've all been dying for years

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

not_superiority posted:

coming back to stan for YLE again

She's been busting her rear end to provide level headed, cautious coverage for a long time. It's served me just as well as this thread.

you ready to stop stanning for YLE yet

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

people were elated today when we received a company wide email telling us masks are no longer required. definitely one of those times that it’s especially shocking to see grown adults act like children.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

kreeningsons posted:

people were elated today when we received a company wide email telling us masks are no longer required. definitely one of those times that it’s especially shocking to see grown adults act like children.

Triumphantly throwing my dosimeter badge to the ground in the reactor control room

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

After two months of being in the office I noped out today after they went masks off and am going to try and only go in one day a week if I can going forward (not sure if I'll be able to pull that off) and gonna go ahead and polish up that resume to see if I can get a fully remote job somewhere without having to take too big of a pay cut.

what kinda stuff do you do >_>

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Got my secureclick hardshell filters. Goddamn these things are big and heavy. I do like that they're mostly black, though. Makes the caver doom mask look more menacing.

One of the reasons I went with Honeywell North was that their P100 filters are so small and light. It's possible that they have far less filter material and are harder to breathe through, but my kid hasn't had an issue running around like a maniac in his so they seem to be sufficient anyway.

Of course I then went and bought the heavy mask with the speech diaphragm instead of the far lighter and more compact 7700.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Paradoxish posted:

It's crazy how many places desperately try to tighten the screws instead of doing things to actually make their employees want to stick around.

We have a lot of headwinds coming up over next year or so and my boss is getting impatient with things going back to 'normal'. Had a disastrous (for him) conversation last week about him changing my status from hybrid to in office for contractual reasons while there is still no expectation that my 'pretty much never come to the office' status will actually change. Took my job search to the next level that night. Guy has absolutely nothing to gain by having me in the office, but he can't help himself. Oh well.

In other news my child in the 5-11 Pfizer trial is scheduled for her booster at the end of the month.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, I can’t help but wonder how many places that are treating employees like this are also having serious staffing issues, and not connecting the dots. I’m guessing quite a few!

Apr 7, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, I can’t help but wonder how many places that are treating employees like this are also having serious staffing issues, and not connecting the dots. I’m guessing quite a few!

We have a management caste that has never had to treat labor like human beings in their entire career, and now that labor has a smidgen of power to wield they have no idea how to deal with it. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

to give an idea of how out to lunch business people are, this is being described as a new post-pandemic trend

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1499350855908265992

lol this is me, it owns

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Soap Scum posted:

what kinda stuff do you do >_>

Software project management, so there's lots of remote jobs out there but 90% are 6 month contracts that pay 20 bucks an hour.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Platystemon posted:

Why did no one post Your Local Epidemiologist’s take on the latest from CDC?

Forget it, Jake. It’s Joe Biden’s America.

lol one of my friends shared that with me and i eye rolled so loving hard. She's all "it makes me feel better about my kids going to school maskless!"

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Louisgod posted:

lol this is me, it owns

same. almost every computer toucher i know has changed jobs in the last 12 months lol

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeorgetownCCF/status/1499392457674530817

it's not subsiding you dicks!! aahahhghghsdafhghg

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Software project management, so there's lots of remote jobs out there but 90% are 6 month contracts that pay 20 bucks an hour.

is this meaningfully different from 'product management' or is that just semantics

if it's not different maybe it's time for me to buy PMs because my company is hiring like a dozen+ PMs remote usa right now. let me know

edit: this would be 'product management' at a software company, i should say

Soap Scum fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 4, 2022

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I just realized I posted these back to back. the world is so loving stupid

fosborb posted:

first day this entire school year we've had zero reported student or teacher cases

lmao good bye mask mandate

fosborb posted:

lol masks optional at school today. apparently missed the TWEET announcing it last night and the email came out as I was dropping the kids off at 745 this morning. I was wondering why suddenly all the teachers were masks off at the drop off......

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

We have a management caste that has never had to treat labor like human beings in their entire career, and now that labor has a smidgen of power to wield they have no idea how to deal with it. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.
I read an article a few years ago where a journalist was taking to billionaires about their doomsday bunkers. They were wondering how they’d keep their guards from killing them and taking all their stuff/supplies. Especially because if society burns down, money will be meaningless.

The journalist said “Well, you can be really nice to them and their families now in order to cultivate good will and loyalty.”

The billionaires were all “????????????????”

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

fosborb posted:

I can't imagine doing that while juggling childcare

where are you going to be working any given month? who knows! just watch your acw best that you can!

I think before I came onboard they'd let you bring your kid in with you if they're not disruptive, which, lol. But I'm not sure how that works out when you're supposed to avoid violating HIPAA so maybe that's why the policy was either axed or seldom used. I'm a childless hag who didn't consider what an even bigger headache a "come in if you don't hit your targets" policy is for parents, drat.

Apr 7, 2003

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

I think before I came onboard they'd let you bring your kid in with you if they're not disruptive, which, lol. But I'm not sure how that works out when you're supposed to avoid violating HIPAA so maybe that's why the policy was either axed or seldom used. I'm a childless hag who didn't consider what an even bigger headache a "come in if you don't hit your targets" policy is for parents, drat.

Absolutely everything about this country is calibrated around making it as hard as possible for parents to get by, it really is impressive

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

SARs-COV-2 hiding out in reservoirs throughout the body seem very bad. For example:
-if this is possible for some infections, why can't it happen to some degree for all infections? How can a person ever be sure they cleared the virus
-if the virus really can hide out in a person's body, what's to stop the person from becoming infectious at some later time if they become immunocompromised?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I’m going to keep trying not to get covid

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Nocturtle posted:

SARs-COV-2 hiding out in reservoirs throughout the body seem very bad. For example:
-if this is possible for some infections, why can't it happen to some degree for all infections? How can a person ever be sure they cleared the virus
-if the virus really can hide out in a person's body, what's to stop the person from becoming infectious at some later time if they become immunocompromised?

Covid is over and those insane scenarios you are cooking up would mean it’s not over.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

:rubby:

quote:

Listen you stupid cave doomer there's no precedent for viral infections that repeatedly flare up over years and deal long term health impacts or become infectious and you're a loving idiot for asking if that's possible with a brand new novel virus that has only existed for two and a half years.

Could this be like Herpes? No, shut the gently caress up.
Could this be like Shingles? No, shut the gently caress up.
Could this be like MS? No, shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Soap Scum posted:

is this meaningfully different from 'product management' or is that just semantics

Project management is a thankless human calendaring job that at best pays moderately, at worst you're a Mechanical Turk for gantt charts
Product management is Don Draper level bullshit artistry and is very well compensated