Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Blistex posted:

Was in the Ukraine war thread and made it to "POW" until I realized it wasn't a Motronic post in this thread.

That's :black101: as gently caress

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Blistex posted:

Was in the Ukraine war thread and made it to "POW" until I realized it wasn't a Motronic post in this thread.

This is a perfect example of why tanks should always be accompanied by infantry.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
ok rate my setup

<picture of a sparkler near a coffee can of thermite>

America
Apr 26, 2017

Drink every time a Stab-Lok is posted in this thread.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I like that the bottom row says what I was thinking, "no no no no".

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
I like that the label says, "when breaker trips". As if!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is that dirt/dust on the switch to the left or is it starting to melt?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

America posted:

Drink every time a Stab-Lok is posted in this thread.

Come on, how many timjes could thrahjt poissueriobvy ew poujeohi sefl;iszef[09uu 34ar kv

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Come on, how many timjes could thrahjt poissueriobvy ew poujeohi sefl;iszef[09uu 34ar kv

My thoughts exactly.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

All I see:

ON NO

NO NO NO NO

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/6mE3ZPa.mp4

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING DRAIN!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Aw they just wanna hibernate in peace :(

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Platystemon posted:

*Jersey Accent*

Hey, yeah...well...think I found your problem. Turns out I'm gonna have to snake this drain.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

High serpent water is why you got to clean your snake collector regularly.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Are those cottonmouths?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BiggerBoat posted:

*Jersey Accent*

Hey, yeah...well...think I found your problem. Turns out I'm gonna have to snake this drain.

drain snakes; snake drain

Danhenge posted:

Are those cottonmouths?

most of them look like black rat snakes to me, but I didn't think they grouped like that. head and body shape aren't right for cottonmouths or any other venomous snakes of that size in North America, but ianah.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

This was at a house in a small town in Oklahoma. House isn’t too old maybe 70’s-80’s but I’m finding snake skins everywhere. Finally found the snakes lol. I think they were all bull snakes and a few gardener snakes. None of them were venomous. Edit: none of the snakes were harmed all were captured and moved outside into a brush pile Edit 2: the house is connected to an old barn so that’s where the snakes and rodents live. House hasn’t been lived in for years from what I can tell. About 2 miles out of town so it’s pretty rural.

quote:

The big one that slithered off at the beginning is still a mystery to me lol but the rest of them we just pinned their heads with a shovel handle and grabbed them right behind the head and carried them out to a brush pile

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Empty Sandwich posted:

most of them look like black rat snakes to me, but I didn't think they grouped like that.

The long black ones look like black rat snakes yeah. I see a couple of notes on the googles that they’re normally known to hibernate singly but groups do occur.

There are also quite a number of olive colored snakes in there that aren’t black rat snakes though.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

the yeti posted:

The long black ones look like black rat snakes yeah. I see a couple of notes on the googles that they’re normally known to hibernate singly but groups do occur.

There are also quite a number of olive colored snakes in there that aren’t black rat snakes though.

Looks like garter and bull snakes are both olive colored.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Danhenge posted:

Looks like garter and bull snakes are both olive colored.

Yeah they can be but they're both strongly patterned (striped and blotched respectively)

If that's really in OK I think yellow bellied racer is pretty likely

e.g. http://www.oksnakes.org/uploads/5/0/5/1/50519267/racer1-copy_orig.jpg)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Platystemon posted:

Ok, but consider how mamy rats would have been there before the snakes ate em

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

the yeti posted:

Aw they just wanna hibernate in peace :(

Brumate :eng101:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Jus' Bro-mate down.
:rznv:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Am I crazy or are all those nails sticking up making it impossible to drywall?

Otherwise whats wrong with this?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Turn around and see this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That wasp nest is holding the room together.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Am I crazy or are all those nails sticking up making it impossible to drywall?

Otherwise whats wrong with this?

Those are drywall screws that they haven't pulled after ripping down the ceiling that was already there.

And I'm pretty certain it's code everywhere that power cables like that are supposed to be running parallel to the joists and stapled about halfway up , not just spaghettied across the ceiling.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Enos Cabell posted:

Those are drywall screws that they haven't pulled after ripping down the ceiling that was already there.

And I'm pretty certain it's code everywhere that power cables like that are supposed to be running parallel to the joists and stapled about halfway up , not just spaghettied across the ceiling.

Oh of course they are that makes way more sense.

Also thanks on the stapling. There's def a few fixtures in my ceiling like that with unsecured wires sitting on the drywall leading to from a box or fixture. Maybe sins of the PO.

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Here we go again

My “solution”

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Platystemon posted:

Turn around and see this.

Like snakes, conductors also bundle together to keep warm

By popular demand posted:

That wasp nest is holding the room together.

:stonklol: I missed that at first

Yeah yeah ok you got me

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

roommate

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I believe those are an attempt at running boards, which are the legal way to pass cables under a joist. Not sure the way they did it qualifies.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Danhenge posted:

I believe those are an attempt at running boards, which are the legal way to pass cables under a joist. Not sure the way they did it qualifies.

I just assumed they were furring strips for the drywall.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

BonerGhost posted:

That makes more sense.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BonerGhost posted:

I thought so too but why would anyone bother if not for the electrical cabling? My experice with stick build is to put thr drywall directly to the joists or to use resilient channel for sound isolation, something I don't think a furring strip could accomplish. Especially since there's no insulation up there which helps with sound as well.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

StormDrain posted:

I thought so too but why would anyone bother if not for the electrical cabling? My experice with stick build is to put thr drywall directly to the joists or to use resilient channel for sound isolation, something I don't think a furring strip could accomplish. Especially since there's no insulation up there which helps with sound as well.

I don't think they cared about sound isolation or insulation, they just wanted something to screw the drywall to that was spaced differently than the joists. I say furring strips but I don't know that they were actually using them to create a space.

I could of course be wildly off base. I just don't see why you would know that running boards are a thing but not how to use them.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah those are for attaching a ceiling to like drywall. You can see they were pre-existing because they ripped off the drywall but have left a thousand head injuries sticking out instead of yanking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah those are for attaching a ceiling to like drywall. You can see they were pre-existing because they ripped off the drywall but have left a thousand head injuries sticking out instead of yanking them.

I have to guess that the joists aren't spaced at 16 or 24 on center then.

Or my more mischievous guess is that the electrician was unsupervised and did all that before the contractor caught him, and the contractor was forced to add the furring.