Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

MOST

EFFICIENT

MEANS

OF

DISTRIBUTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

TSA just extended the mask mandates to April.

Thank gently caress! At least there's one organization that still want masks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1501960758132973574

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

masks don't really expire (I guess??) and this poo poo will never end and once shutdown this industry wont just magically spin back up again so stock up!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

NeonPunk posted:

why does the TSA not respect the CDCs guidance?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

Thank goodness. My parents are flying at the end of the month.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

tenderjerk posted:

why does the TSA not respect the CDCs guidance?

because they secretly love mask fight videos

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
starting to think that in lieu of or in addition to a fascist uprising as the empire crumbles, big tech companies and others are going to lose too many valuable and profitable high skill workers to covid and decide the government is too beholden to real estate developers and that they need to pool together to take care of things themselves, which goes straight into cyberpunk dystopia where rentacops at every major business require mask compliance and such and start scanning your phone and dinging you social credit points if you dicknose or are the wrong color or they just don't like you or whatever

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Even if we can synthesize antibodies that the virus is incapable of mutating to evade, the solution space of artificial antibodies is broader than the solution space of antibodies generated by the human body.

It is not a given that a protein exists that can coax the human body to produce the right antibodies.

Right. MAbs treatments that manage to go 6+ months without being circumvented by the variant of the day is likely a necessary but not sufficient condition for broadly neutralizing universal coronavirus vaccine to ever work.

AFAIK Bebtelovimab is the only one still generally working at this point and it's only just starting to get distributed.

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

hot witch divorcee posted:

starting to think that in lieu of or in addition to a fascist uprising as the empire crumbles, big tech companies and others are going to lose too many valuable and profitable high skill workers to covid and decide the government is too beholden to real estate developers and that they need to pool together to take care of things themselves, which goes straight into cyberpunk dystopia where rentacops at every major business require mask compliance and such and start scanning your phone and dinging you social credit points if you dicknose or are the wrong color or they just don't like you or whatever

looks around at the current level of governance
Sign me the gently caress up. Do I get a nuclear robot dog and a katana as an early adopter?

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

lol @ working for the N95 factory but wearin' a surgical mask

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NeonPunk posted:

This is the first time in a long time that I've been pleasantly surprised by something the government is doing in response to COVID.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1501696478519050240?cxt=HHwWgICqqbW_jNcpAAAA

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

hot witch divorcee posted:

This doesn't sound too implausible. I know people who would be okay with this.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

yep. pivoting to blaming the public for the pandemic. COVID is over. It was your fault.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
so what's the word on a second booster these days? I got mine end of November and I'm hoping there's zero issue with me getting another booster at the 5 month mark. we still at the "lol you don't need boosters anymore" stage of things?

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

stone soup posted:

lol @ working for the N95 factory but wearin' a surgical mask

boss makes a dollar while I make a dime

that's why I wheeze on company time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

so what's the word on a second booster these days? I got mine end of November and I'm hoping there's zero issue with me getting another booster at the 5 month mark. we still at the "lol you don't need boosters anymore" stage of things?

I’m just gonna mask up and limit exposure as next as I can rather than try to keep getting boosters for now and reconsider in the fall since the value of more boosters is unknown.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

yeah this is the loving thing i was mad about a few pages ago!!

also does anyone have access to the paper for this?

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1501957657925611520?s=21

can u answer basic poo poo like how effective? how long does a dose last?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

I’m just gonna mask up and limit exposure as next as I can rather than try to keep getting boosters for now and reconsider in the fall since the value of more boosters is unknown.

I can't fault you there, I'll probably get my 4th next month and not change anything, since it's not like I'm going to Applebee's every Friday after work for the endless suck 'n gently caress

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

yeah gonna do that anyway but with mask mandates lifting here in Oregon starting Monday I fully expect my kids to bring it home regardless of what I do.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

This is the first time in a long time that I've been pleasantly surprised by something the government is doing in response to COVID.

sir, is this your bar? it was all the way down on the floor, you seem to have dropped it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Greg Legg posted:

This doesn't sound too implausible. I know people who would be okay with this.

I'd be ok with it if it was used to oppress and subjugate anti-maskers and the pro-covid crowd

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Louisgod posted:

the WHO just said the FIRST booster was a good idea after all

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rauros posted:

An entirely new vaccine could have been developed, tested, and released a new vaccine in the time between when this thread recognized boosters as a good idea and when WHO got onboard.

The CDC/FDA joint midnight statement that boosters were not necessary was eight months ago next week.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jingoro posted:

looks around at the current level of governance
Sign me the gently caress up. Do I get a nuclear robot dog and a katana as an early adopter?

i want the high tech skateboard with the all terrain wheels

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1501979698838056963?s=20&t=JJbo9daPwNIDooOt3LswpA

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

spaceblancmange posted:

when the 'mectin hits

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Rauros posted:

Can they just be loving honest with people, the entire reason why they’ve all lost so much trust is they’re doing this balancing act. Just be brutally honest about masking, boosters, vaccines etc and let the idiot chuds figure out the rest.

The Who/cdc/fda etc has just hosed up everything and now we’re heading into massively unvaccinated territory with new anti-vaxx assholes who will question MMR, whooping cough, etc than ever before.

Edit: My dad’s friend is dying, they can’t help him anymore as he has a stage 4 abscess on his back and they can’t fix it while he has lung problems. They can’t solve his lung problems while he has the abscess. I don’t know what they’re going to do but mentally he’s there so maybe they just pull the plug and he suffocates or they give him a bunch of morphine? What a horrible way to die.

All because he listened to trump and chud media and refused to get a shot.

Glumwheels fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 10, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1501978713436696585?s=20&t=9p2HBHq93gJ6eDFBGmDjNA

Apr 7, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

The Who/cdc/fda etc has just hosed up everything and now we’re heading into massively unvaccinated territory with new anti-vaxx assholes who will question MMR, whooping cough, etc than ever before.

Those were down so bad in 2021 that the quality of care standards organization had a special meeting to talk about it lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

COHIO-19

tubamortis
Sep 10, 2005

Just got handed printouts about our new masks optional policy to put up in my team's area. Last year this policy lasted maybe two weeks before Delta kicked off, so I'm guessing ba.2 is well on its way. Guy who showed up for his first day today appears to not even have brought one with him.

A couple weeks ago I had to quarantine after my boss popped positive. That lead to a bunch of free higher quality masks suddenly being available for staff. I was fine and had upgraded well before then, but guess I should try and hoard a bunch of them since no one else will be using them.

The busy season is beginning, so I'm glad we're sprinkling on additional stressors. Didn't have anything to drink last night, but everything after work is fuzzy. Its like I just went into power saving mode. This poo poo sucks.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Dren posted:

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1501957657925611520?s=21

can u answer basic poo poo like how effective? how long does a dose last?
doesn't matter, i'll be huffing it every 30 seconds

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

im gonna lose it when the next wave hits and there are no masks anywhere lol

lmao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

when did topol turn into a “natures vaccine” dipshit

“building a wall of immunity” the wall is made of dead bodies

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Gio posted:

a few months ago

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Gio posted:

topol is a real mixed bag

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

covid is over!!

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1501886441084882944?s=20&t=hmEogIIMTCGEmUeFMRIC8g

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1501886456108830731?s=20&t=hmEogIIMTCGEmUeFMRIC8g

Apr 7, 2003

Gio posted:

All of these formerly dependable voices on Twitter suddenly went full blue maga at the same time, makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1501764032675475457
he's a dieckhaus
mighty mighty
letting none of it hang out
by being fastidious with PPE