Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Rauros posted:

i was wearing an n95 for training in another building, and the instructor pointed out the hand sanitizer, and i said, "no thanks, it's airborne," and he had a half-second pause before carrying on like i didn't say anything.

sometimes I think about saying something when people bring up hand washing and sanitizer, but then I remember pre-covid hand-washing statistics and let it go

admittedly it wouldn't be surprising if the people who didn't wash their hands then still aren't doing it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McCracAttack posted:

lmao if either one catches COVID during the "over" phase.

They’ll both get the treatment that they have failed to purchase for the public.

Hell, they may well be on it already, as a prophylactic.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Platystemon posted:

They’ll both get the treatment that they have failed to purchase for the public.

Hell, they may well be on it already, as a prophylactic.

Oh I know. We won't even get fantastic content like the Trump helicopter ride to Walter Ried. But it will still punch holes in the "over" narrative.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

South Korea with 621k cases today per Worldometers, or 1/83rd of its population. All I can say is: :69snypa:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

South Korea with 621k cases today per Worldometers, or 1/83rd of its population. All I can say is: :69snypa:

how the gently caress is that possible, seriously what the gently caress

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

haha lol

over

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:pray:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Horseshoe theory posted:

I’m sure that journalists are writing about the great news that the wave will be over soon.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Koirhor posted:

how the gently caress is that possible, seriously what the gently caress

I think they're trying to be the thread mascot

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Provisional Irish Covid Army

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1504283948955930627

Lmao if Biden has two doses of 1283 because it's obviously safe and obviously going to be way more effective than a wild type vaccine

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bad things don't happen to people who are this bad, I will not get my hopes up. somehow it will make nancy live longer

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I hope the queen and Nancy Pelosi are excited about their funerals

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Tulip posted:

it's so frustrating! like its stuff that i know you can do, because I've studied history and I know what old governments have done it! "quarantine" isn't a scifi concept it's an actual medieval italian practice! christ!

i remember very strongly that when shenzhen wanted to electrify its buses, they did it in like 4 years by just buying the drat things. which is supposed to be exactly how a liberal government does things. i work for nyc government and we'd probably spend 5 years on pilot studies with a 50/50 shot that somebody kills it for no good reason

ugh yeah. it's so loving bizarre to witness the difference between the two. I lived in a large Chinese city around 10y ago and at the time it had two subway lines. they were just starting construction on one or two new lines when I left. being an American I figured they would take 20y to complete and it would just be those.

I came back like 6y later and they had like 7 functional subway lines lol god I'm so jealous

(granted there are some downsides like they demolished a bunch of houses to do this and word is that the compensation is not really fair when that happens to you. but from a societal standpoint, sign me up)

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Covid getting Pelosi after it missed trump would be pretty lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

holy poo poo that takes me back lmao

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Get her right in the glowing red spot!:hellyeah:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Covid getting Pelosi after it missed trump would be pretty lol

It would be a pretty good consolation prize, IMHO.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

lmao excuse me

rochelle you wanna fix this poo poo?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1504144128417976325

quote:

Planning to fail safely is different from trying to eliminate all risk—which is usually impossible. At this point two years into a global pandemic, for example, even stringent lockdowns are unlikely to prevent all transmission of the coronavirus. When the CDC recently decided to use rates of death and hospitalization, rather than overall infection, as its primary metrics for the severity of the problem, the agency implicitly chose to minimize the negative consequences of the virus rather than try to suppress it altogether.

“minimize”

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

You're going to have to be more specific soon.

Omicron BA.2Fast2Furious the sequel

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hey does anyone have that video where the guy puts on a jacket, puts his hand in the pocket, pulls out a surgical mask, is sentimental about it for a moment, then puts on a respirator?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Koirhor posted:

perfect timing on rolling this feature out

The history books will say this feature was rolled out "towards the beginning" of the pandemic

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Platystemon posted:

Hey does anyone have that video where the guy puts on a jacket, puts his hand in the pocket, pulls out a surgical mask, is sentimental about it for a moment, then puts on a respirator?

Tulip fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 17, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:five:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Allowing the plague to spread (safely)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

please don’t let this year overshadow 2020

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

after months of wearing me down out of my covid shell, my friends won and i've been loving & sucking when the cases are down

now one of them has pneumonia and one of them has a bunch of nasal problems and a bad cough. i also know he hasn't and won't get tested. i got yelled at for withdrawing from our saturday plans and telling him he should hit me up when he feels better lmao

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Any goon pro tips or anecdotes about 5th shots? It's been three months since the 4th and I'm jonesin

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol i missed Walensky called masks a Scarlet Letter

https://twitter.com/scnamecurtaken/status/1504272646892134401

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

fosborb posted:

lol i missed Walensky called masks a Scarlet Letter

https://twitter.com/scnamecurtaken/status/1504272646892134401

Desperately trying to figure out a reason why masks make Americans go insane that won't make Americans go more insane.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

hell yeah

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

do it omicron you sack of mild poo poo do it

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1504283948955930627

hell yeah

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Business Gorillas posted:

after months of wearing me down out of my covid shell, my friends won and i've been loving & sucking when the cases are down

now one of them has pneumonia and one of them has a bunch of nasal problems and a bad cough. i also know he hasn't and won't get tested. i got yelled at for withdrawing from our saturday plans and telling him he should hit me up when he feels better lmao

Thanks for helping the next wave along.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Sanctum posted:

I was wondering why the cspan forum had a covid thread with far-right neckbeards that seemed to agree covid was no joke but were united in blaming 'open biden' for all things covid.

Now that they can blame a dem covid is suddenly a big deal and also Open Biden's fault. What a cute little echo chamber they have. :allears: Tweets about bipartisan covid underreporting so they can ironically post "just the flu" while unironically saying this shows Open Biden dems are equally bad actors. How much brainrot does it take to still be posting BOTH SIDES takes in 2022 :lmao: :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You will never guess what that is a response to.