Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

dema posted:

I'd rather go back and watch "Hitting the Apex" or "The Doctor, the Tornado & the Kentucky Kid" again. Or "Faster", or "Fastest", I haven't seen those.

'Fastest' is great. All of Neale's movies are obviously strong products of their time and therefore feel a bit dated to go back and view, but it puts a really nice cap on the trilogy, and its thesis, "you can't be the fastest forever," is a good one. Lots of bummer footage of aging/injured/frustrated Vale. :( I liked 'Hitting the Apex' for the great footage, but I found it significantly less genuine and heartfelt than Neale's films - except for the parts with Simoncelli, which were at least tastefully done.

Thanks for the recommendation on 'Road', gonna check that one out for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Mister Speaker posted:

'Fastest' is great. All of Neale's movies are obviously strong products of their time and therefore feel a bit dated to go back and view, but it puts a really nice cap on the trilogy, and its thesis, "you can't be the fastest forever," is a good one. Lots of bummer footage of aging/injured/frustrated Vale. :( I liked 'Hitting the Apex' for the great footage, but I found it significantly less genuine and heartfelt than Neale's films - except for the parts with Simoncelli, which were at least tastefully done.

Thanks for the recommendation on 'Road', gonna check that one out for sure.

If anyone hasn't seen Faster go back, watch it, and lol that their proposed solution to the Rossi problem was John Hopkins.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
One day I might get sick of watching marky marc eat poo poo in Q1, but today is not that day.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

One day I might get sick of watching marky marc eat poo poo in Q1, but today is not that day.

Have the free motogp.com login? watch it over and over.
https://www.motogp.com/en/video_gallery/2022/03/15/indonesia-gp/409690?n=410361

Absolute crash fest in Moto2 Q2. Specifically corner 2 seems to be catching a bunch of folks out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Track seems to have a couple of turns with the potential to suck in an optimist and cause a big pileup. Expecting a big race crash from one of the rookies tbh.

Interesting watching Marc try to brake earlier to go faster, for once.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Did Simon Crafar get promoted to commentator? I don't remember hearing his voice in qualifying before.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Toe Rag posted:

Did Simon Crafar get promoted to commentator? I don't remember hearing his voice in qualifying before.
I think with Steve Day gone they moved him into the commentary box for the qualifying, he's still in the pits for the races themselves.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is Steve day gone forever?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

how about in WUP
https://imgur.com/a/KFP2eOC

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

one of the voices retired I can't remember names

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Bad enough to be declared unfit to race due to concussion.

This is unsustainable.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/ttzee63/status/1505449638177910784?s=21

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Yeah ok, i’ve been cutting Miller some slack but this should have been a win. Dropping off the podium spots just isn’t good enough in conditions that are about as favourable for him as any.

Time to win or gtfo. Plenty of riders in the field who would be doing more with a factory Duc ride than he has for the past 2 seasons.

Also someone needs to reign Marcmarquez in before he stops getting up again.

And i wonder if the Dbinder haters will shut up now?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ROFLBOT posted:

I will not. agreed on jack though

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

reporters keep bringing up that its pretty obvious that jack is out of his seat unless he really starts pulling results and he just seems more annoyed with the whole thing than anything else.

He seems to just sleep walk through the year then wake up for a 2-3 race stretch randomly and put some good results in but then just goes back to cruising along. I dunno if his heart just isn't in fighting a championship or what

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

That's a bit too much to be laughing at TBH. This might be a dumb comparison, but Marc's current situation reminds me of when Anderson Silva fell off so hard in the UFC. He was another guy that relied heavily on fast reflexes, which is decidedly a young man's game, and one day they weren't what they used to be and he started getting rocked by everyone. He's got to do something different because a few more weekends like this and he might be done.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think Marc crashing is overblown. Losing the rear was some hosed up poo poo and yeah, not riding was the safe course, losing the front is just his learning process and he's trying to learn a bike with much lazier, more rear biased geometry, which is hard if you're used to riding a unicycle with your arms. Either he'll learn to ride more normally and sacrifice a bit of his edge, or Honda will flex their muscle and meet him halfway with a different frame to the others.

Also: two 'weird' races don't make a championship.

ROFLBOT posted:

never

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Apparently Brad Bender's KTM ride height device was stuck at the low setting the entire time. Major bummer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/tiiwf8/now_bbs_drop_makes_more_sense/

dema posted:

I feel like there's a 20% chance Marc will win the 2022 championship and an 80% chance he won't finish it at all.

Nothing in between.

Thinking it's more like 1% to 99% now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ye of little faith

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Never a dull moment. Big ups to Chantra for the maiden win!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I’m surprised how little crashing happened in the race with how wet it was. I never get tired of watching Fabio work his way through the field. I missed what happened earlier on with him dropping back? Was it just hitting the paint in several corners and then figuring out he can’t go that wide?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

as well

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Marky's double vision is apparently back. Hard to see him winning another championship when he can't go more than a handful of races without going legally blind from a crash

dema
Aug 13, 2006

It felt inevitable.

edit; here is the press statement https://motogp.hondaracingcorporation.com/report/marc-marquez-diagnosed-with-a-new-episode-of-diplopia-upon-his-arrival-in-spain/

dema fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 22, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ffs

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The king is dead, long live the king...
I hate to see this but I really think the Docs/MotoGP should ask him to medically retire. (Safety officer under Loris Capirossi?)

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 22, 2022

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

please retire marky

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
🎵 Fell off bike, got that double vision
No more Marc, only double vision 🎵

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I finished watching MotoGP unlimited... and I really liked it. Like more so than drive to survive, which i know isn't that hard if you're not looking for soap opera. MGPU had a great mix of heartfelt stories and gave you a sensical chronological approach.

Also looks like FIM is banning the ride height device for 2023.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Only on the front, and only for cornering.

I wish I could watch MGPU but unfortunately I live in Australia's largest client state so amazon won't sell it to me and I'm expected to subscribe to sky instead.

Files time I guess

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Marquez officially out of the Argentina GP. I know the USGP has been kinda "his race", but I wonder if they'll keep him out.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

Files time I guess

Annoyingly its very hard to distinguish which ones have the subs and which ones have the stupid dubbing.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1509533909716979716

Seems bad!

If they had issues getting to Argentina in two weeks I wonder how they'll handle the turnaround to Austin in half that time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ducati looked like a mess through the FP sessions, I think they might be regretting taking on supplying 8 bikes

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I wouldn't read too much into it, this whole weekend is a massive fiasco and all the mechanics were working during the night to put everything together.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Aprilia has the coolest looking wings so I'm glad they won pole

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
I was looking forward to Pecco having a strong season this year - it's pretty remarkable to see him struggling so much with the new bike. Bastianini was following him during FP and looked faster in all areas.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Outstanding end to moto3, that's a tight pass

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Outstanding end to moto3, that's a tight pass
Super cool, one of the most interesting final sectors for really spots 1 through 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The Moto2 race wasn't bad either, the fight between Ogura and Canet for 3rd was pretty exciting.