Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol they sent masks out and a few weeks later said jk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
BNO does not like being told they are wrong

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Mask on (clap clap)
Mask off (clap clap)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pillowpants posted:

BNO does not like being told they are wrong
Did they block you or something?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Gotta say, I'm shocked it's going to be Korea, not America, that ends up spawning the civilization ending variant.

The final Hallyu wave.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

doing a lot of work

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ikanreed posted:

And, airborne or no, the biggest viral load comes from droplets, so that 60% is deceptively low sounding.

Why do people believe this?

It’s a testable hypothesis.

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/status/1424035540022829062

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

jinx_player posted:

jfc some real smoothbrain poo poo going on in this hacker news thread on covid: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=30747657

From the normal “mild”, to masks cant stop covid, to other pythonista’s espousing their lack of intelligence outside of the narrow terminal they find themselves proving to themselves everyday that they know everything.

I long for WW3 and to be bathed in alpha particles

Techbros have the shittiest political opinions

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1505737242781884421?t=i-te-O5HprB2xDPgRbPCHw&s=19

It actually is just the flu bro?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol i don't believe them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Good luck not acquiring COVID in the hospital.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

blatman posted:

are you trying to bamboozle me, sir and / or maam

edit: i have just been notified that "sir and or maam" can be offensive to certain age groups, i was unaware of this but i will not delete my post - it will stand as a testament to my shame

Seedless limes are a hybrid of key limes and lemons, they turn yellow as they ripen but still taste more like limes. A lime is not simply a regular lemon that got picked early.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Judge’ll rot in hell

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The citrus family tree is a mess.

There are wild mandarins, citrons, and kumquats. All the other familiar varieties are hybrids of those, with a few exceptions like limes getting their distinctive flavour from the inedible Citrus micrantha and the Australian species that have their own genus (Microcitrus).

Life didn’t give us lemons. We made them ourselves, through centuries of inbreeding.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:lol: they arrest mothers for letting children be alone during daylight the childhood you are talking about is literally illegal now

When I was a kid in the 80s my mom was gone from 5am to 7pm weekdays and I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone I was alone when not at school and I had a bunch of procedures to follow to fake her being home so I assume CPS would bust you for things even back in the heyday of child neglect.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm not sure if we made this one ourselves or if nature was just having a weird one but please enjoy "buddha's hand" - a variety of citron that contains no pulp or juice, just as much peel as physically possible

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

blatman posted:

i'm not sure if we made this one ourselves or if nature was just having a weird one but please enjoy "buddha's hand" - a variety of citron that contains no pulp or juice, just as much peel as physically possible

Behold, the zest monarch's crown

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Spergin Morlock posted:

people ran it into the loving ground shortly after it made the rounds

Peak of this meme was when Bojo got covid and there were some fantastic dance remixes during the brief window we thought maybe covid could kill rich people.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Oh for that halcyon day when I thought covid might kill rich people, it felt too good to be true and it was but for that one beautiful day I felt anything was possible.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Mustached Demon posted:

Behold, the zest monarch's crown

unacceptable!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/hkfp/status/1505693290422747137

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^^:eyepop: lol just the flu bro

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't know why yinz

Wait are you from Pittsburgh alongside me and PFC?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It would probably would be funnier if Thomas died of literal 'just the flu' than covid.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:words:

Tzen fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 21, 2022

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lmao I got Covid

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

genericnick posted:

lmao I got Covid

that's strange. covid is actually all wrapped up and done, why are you still mucking about with it? honestly, grow up.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Who here still has yet to get any variety of COVID two full years after the pandemic began in force and what brand of respirator are you using atm?

Still cycling between my 3M 6800 and Secure Click atm

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Who here still has yet to get any variety of COVID two full years after the pandemic began in force and what brand of respirator are you using atm?

3M Aura 9210+ or Secure Click with these nice D9093C filters
spouse/kids in KF94s
somehow, someway, no covid yet
the weak link of kids in daycare/elementary school has yet to gently caress us over

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

genericnick posted:

lmao I got Covid
let it be mild friend

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

blatman posted:

Those have delicious pith and are great when candied.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

mdemone posted:

Jesus Christ buy new razors. over a year?!?

Some of the multi-blade cartridge razors that have emerged over the last two decades really do have insane service lives.

I use a 5-blade Schick cartridge razor. The carts are good at least a month, longer if I push them.

It's just barely possible to cut yourself with one of these, but you really have to put some work into that mistake in order to make it happen.

I'm still using the first "handle" section that I bought back in 2014. Of course, I've changed cartridges at least 80-100 times since then.

Note that the "handle" doesn't look like the one just below. The design has been tweaked several times in the last 8 years. Most of the tweaks, oddly enough, have actually been improvements.

But latest-production cartridges still fit it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Lol if he popped negative on a rapid antigen test

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Those have delicious pith and are great when candied.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Jingoro posted:

But I think the shaving soap is a pretty important part of that. Beats the hell out of canned shaving cream. Give it a try with just your regular disposable razors first. A brush and soap puck are fairly cheap if you just get something basic.

Absolutely spot-on.

I've been using bar soap (Lever 2000) as a shaving lubricant/protectant for the last 30 years. It beats every purpose made shaving cream I've ever tried like a rented mule.

I'm never going back.

I use a much more of it than I'd use for casual washing, though. What I apply to my face is more like a slurry or a thin paste than just soapy water.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

No covid here, except for possibly a completely asymptomatic case or two that hasn't led to any noticeable side effects from family visiting multiple times a week and a grandma who occasionally goes out to eat or to braum's for milk and ice cream by herself. Granted I simply avoid half of the family visits by staying up on the second floor where none of them ever come, and opening a window while also turning on the ac/heat fan to form a negative pressure area with the lower part of the house.

3M 6800 hasn't failed me yet, with occasional use of home depot aura 9205+s.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

cr0y posted:

Wait are you from Pittsburgh alongside me and PFC?

No, but my parents are WVU alum and I did a year in morgantown so I always take every opportunity I can to use yinz because it's so stupid and I've never heard anyone say it.

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
The PCR I took on Saturday came back negative, so my perfect brain will remain juicy and buxom into the future.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I haven't caught it that I'm aware of but there's no way of knowing whether I ever had an asymptomatic case, plus I had a nasty head cold a few months back which always tested negative for covid but I can't be 100% sure it wasn't.

Plus avoiding covid during 2020 and 2021 in Australia isn't really anything to brag about, I would have had to have been super unlucky given our low numbers. Of course that's all in the past now ....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Platystemon posted:

Why do people believe this?

It’s a testable hypothesis.

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/status/1424035540022829062

His Master's Voice brand relaunch looking edgy af.