Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

It brings me to tears that nobody gives a gently caress about kids under 5. I can’t protect my child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

I already got gonorrhea twice this year I don't need protection anymore

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Morbus posted:

I already got gonorrhea twice this year I don't need protection anymore

*only

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hellotoothpaste posted:

It brings me to tears that nobody gives a gently caress about kids under 5. I can’t protect my child.

That’s very sad.

Have you tried considering that actually that thing you’ve worried about for over two years and is objectively worse than it ever was for kids under five years of age, it’s no big deal?

You may need to acquire some mild brain damage, but many people have had success with this approach.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Maybe get another MMR to tie them over till actual child vax?

Sep 2, 2011
I have a dentist appointment next month, my first in a year. I haven't been to this dentist before because i moved here over the summer, and it's in what looks to be a converted old house (this actually is not uncommon for downtown where I live). where i live is also not a huge area and normally lags behind the rest of the US in cases by a few weeks (the exception being OG omicron, although it did take us longer to go down). my appointment is like mid-month and all the models I look at tend to have the low point in cases around exactly that time, although i don't exactly trust them. my appointment is first thing in the morning so hopefully no other patient mouth vapors lingering. This would just be for a cleaning but I also haven't been in a year.

should i cancel my appointment? i already cancelled once about a month ago when cases were still near peak but starting to come down. this was the soonest i could get a first-in-the morning appointment. i'm so pissed off that i have to time all of my needed poo poo to coincide exactly with loving case nadirs, especially now relying on lovely data and having to do prognostications myself. and the space between waves keeps getting shorter.

loading... fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 23, 2022

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1506556387002032130

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loading... posted:

should i cancel my appointment? i already cancelled once about a month ago when cases were still near peak but starting to come down. this was the soonest i could get a first-in-the morning appointment. i'm so pissed off that i have to time all of my needed poo poo to coincide exactly with loving case nadirs, especially now relying on lovely data and having to do prognostications myself. and the space between waves keeps getting shorter.

are the staff masked? if they are AND given the timing of your appointment, I would keep it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

loading... posted:

I have a dentist appointment next month, my first in a year. I haven't been to this dentist before because i moved here over the summer, and it's in what looks to be a converted old house (this actually is not uncommon for downtown where I live). where i live is also not a huge area and normally lags behind the rest of the US in cases by a few weeks (the exception being OG omicron, although it did take us longer to go down). my appointment is like mid-month and all the models I look at tend to have the low point in cases around exactly that time, although i don't exactly trust them. my appointment is first thing in the morning so hopefully no other patient mouth vapors lingering. This would just be for a cleaning but I also haven't been in a year.

both my dental hygienist and my dentist wore n95s with surgical masks over them along with a face shield and no longer have a waiting room, you wait in your car. the actual dentist rooms have always been separate.

this is in hawaii though and they’ve always done masks + shields though, just the N95s are new, so I probably just have an exceptionally good dentist.

Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

are the staff masked? if they are AND given the timing of your appointment, I would keep it

i don't actually know, since i haven't been there yet. i would assume dental hygienists are since they were masking here even before COVID, but this is a pretty conservative area so i have no idea if like, the receptionist would be.

i definitely will ask to wait outside, even though they want me to fill out new patient paperwork.

they were at the least very understanding and apparently compassionate last time i rescheduled due to the omicron wave (the dentist himself called me).

loading... fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 23, 2022

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

loading... posted:

Now is probably the best time to get it done. Funny, my previous dentist's office was in a converted house too.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
link the oocc thing pls

Sep 2, 2011

Greg Legg posted:

Now is probably the best time to get it done. Funny, my previous dentist's office was in a converted house too.

Thank you, I'll probably keep it then but i'll keep monitoring cases and projections for here either way for the next 2-3 weeks and hope things stay relatively quiet.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

maybe if it can shrink everything else we can make tiny people

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joementum posted:

probably a bunch of republicans popping positive too but they’ll just keep it secret

https://twitter.com/SenBobCasey/status/1506389996361719812

I am sure he will keep us updated if he develops symptoms and his regularly scheduled test didn’t just catch it before he developed any.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

It’s not the outside table that did her in.

It’s the crowded bar that she was the guest of honor at.

Yeah, sure she was outside in a couple pictures but she flew on a plane, was probably staying at a hotel, was doing lots of other stuff indoors, etc. Just like that goon that went to a ‘safe’ outdoor wedding but caught it on the party bus the night before because of course there was a party bus.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mags posted:

maybe if it can shrink everything else we can make tiny people

I watched "Downsizing" starring Matt Damon last year and it was just a complete nothingburger of a movie

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

everything will be okay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Seems like a lot of people are still
Getting covid

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

hellotoothpaste posted:

Yeah. Our son is the only kid in his class wearing a mask right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t believe someone broke the tables in 2022

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
very smart of all of these people to get the Good Covid, the one you want to get

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

everything will be okay

Thank you. A much needed voice of reason in these trying time's

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Good morning what new horrors does today hold for us?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ham Equity posted:

Can you imagine if Donald Trump had reopened everything, declared COVID over, then the next week he, Pence, Spicer, and Condolezza Rice had come down with COVID?

MSNBC would have been talking about how loving stupid they are 24/7 for a week.

He’s right.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

redreader posted:

Well, it WAS obama, but now it's also Clinton lol
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1506397903765581836

They all write the same loving tweet.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chad Sexington posted:

They all write the same loving tweet.

does it never occur to these people that "I got COVID, but I was vaccinated" means that vaccines don't prevent transmission?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

does it never occur to these people that "I got COVID, but I was vaccinated" means that vaccines don't prevent transmission?

No!!! NO!!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

*beep*boop* The people on TV said that I could return to sucking and loving at Applebee's if I got the vaccine! Why would they lie to me? *beep*boop*

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

fosborb posted:

Clinton got it? thought that was Obama

Thoguh posted:

poo poo, you’re right, it was Obama not Clinton.

seven minutes after that post:

redreader posted:

Well, it WAS obama, but now it's also Clinton lol
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1506397903765581836

me, all night:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hillary and obama will be fine

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

cum jabbar posted:

link the oocc thing pls

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

(Name removed because it really seems like such a horrifically hosed up story told in the format of a series of posts but I still don’t want to directly helldump a guy for something like that.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

*beep*boop* The people on TV said that I could return to sucking and loving at Applebee's if I got the vaccine! Why would they lie to me? *beep*boop*

Well, they didn't, you can even do that without being vacccinated. At least once, maybe 3-5 times.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Perhaps she thought that her body was in such a deplorable state that SARS‐CoV‐2 would not campaign there.

Holy poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary! Get well!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/drleanawen/status/1506438947366449156?s=21

open up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not viable because the government doesn’t want to do it lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

It's not the best Bargaining phase I've seen but not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

liberal winning strategy of "everything good is hard so we shouldn't do anything"