Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Boywhiz88 posted:

Standalone Jurassic Park UHD! gently caress YES!

Less excited about the UHD, and more excited that single movie UHDs are happening from series. MIB UHD when??

:aaaaa:
Very excited I can just buy the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress yeah been waiting for JP.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
420th page

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Grandma’s Boy Blu-ray would be a day one purchase easily.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Grandma's Boy would be a great Vestron release. Same vibes, different decade.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I watch grandmas boy once a year and I don't know why

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I watch grandmas boy once a year and I don't know why

Because it's great

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm not a huge fan of comedy and i have very particular tastes so I have never seen Grandma's Boy. On the other hand, I think Freddy Got Fingered is a five star movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I had a friend who was obsessed with Grandma’s Boy and would make us all watch that or Beerfest every time we hung out.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cloks posted:

I think Freddy Got Fingered is a five star movie.

You are correct.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I had a friend who was obsessed with Grandma’s Boy and would make us all watch that or Beerfest every time we hung out.

I saw Jay Chandrasekhar in Target a few days ago. That's my Beerfest story.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1506802187070054404?t=MkW2LXxckZ_PWdTv6R7aDg&s=19

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I was just coming here to post this.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Thank god, I never got the chance to get Drafthouse's original pressing of that and then the price went loving nuts.

I just looked it up, just now on Amazon and it's two hundred drat dollars (!)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this a new transfer or something? I already have the Drafthouse Blu-Ray

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is that new release gonna be region locked?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

King Vidiot posted:

Thank god, I never got the chance to get Drafthouse's original pressing of that and then the price went loving nuts.

I just looked it up, just now on Amazon and it's two hundred drat dollars (!)

I missed my chance! gently caress!

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Kino Sale is live!

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
This is what I picked up:

12 Angry Men (Don't sleep on this! James Gandolfini!)
Chato's Land
Death Rides a Horse
Taking of Pelham One Two Three
OSS 117: Five Film Collection

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Grabbed:
The Great Escape 4K
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 4K
F/X & F/X 2 Double Feature. The transfer is supposed to be merely ok and the sequel isn’t very good but I still want it.
Mad Max 4K
The Complete Metropolis
The Thief of Baghdad
When Eight Bells Toll
The Fourth War

The last two sounded interesting and were cheap.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
This sale made me realize I haven’t received my touch of evil preorder yet. Have those gone out?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

checkplease posted:

This sale made me realize I haven’t received my touch of evil preorder yet. Have those gone out?

Kino Lorber posted:

Unfortunately, due to incredible demand we are waiting for more copies of TOUCH OF EVIL (4K UHD) to arrive from production. At the time of this writing, we expect that discs (with o-cards) will arrive in the final days of March at which time we will resume approving orders.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Ah good to know. Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it was FedEx having issues.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

checkplease posted:

Ah good to know. Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it was FedEx having issues.

yeah, i'm in the same boat right now. i'm waiting to watch orson welles eat chili in 4K and i want to watch it now, damnit!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Casimir Radon posted:

Grabbed:
The Great Escape 4K
F/X & F/X 2 Double Feature. The transfer is supposed to be merely ok and the sequel isn’t very good but I still want it.
Mad Max 4K
The Complete Metropolis
The Thief of Baghdad
When Eight Bells Toll
The Fourth War

Am I looking at the right sale because I don't see like half of these things? Or else their search really, really sucks.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Am I looking at the right sale because I don't see like half of these things? Or else their search really, really sucks.
Their site isn’t designed that well. I went through their entire Blu-ray selection last week and figured out a list of stuff I was interested in. Then I punched it into search this morning.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

God, I hope so, out of spite. :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I've seen various stuff about their listings for things being Region B and also that a lot of those are actually all-regions, so idk. I haven't bought from them before and my PS4 has only one region change left in it, so between that and being broke I think I'll play it safe for a few months until I get my region free player just in case

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Casimir Radon posted:

Their site isn’t designed that well. I went through their entire Blu-ray selection last week and figured out a list of stuff I was interested in. Then I punched it into search this morning.

Sure would be cool to be able to filter out everything but blu-rays without having to search for a particular title that I don't know if they carry, since I don't have their entire catalog memorized. :shepface:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Sure would be cool to be able to filter out everything but blu-rays without having to search for a particular title that I don't know if they carry, since I don't have their entire catalog memorized. :shepface:
Yeah it’s a pain. This will at least narrow it down to Blu-rays and UHDs. All 2,052 of them. The site needs a lot of work.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Casimir Radon posted:

Grabbed:
The Great Escape 4K
Mad Max 4K
The Complete Metropolis
The Thief of Baghdad
When Eight Bells Toll
The Fourth War

When Eight Bells Toll is hilarious for seeing Anthony Hopkins as a cheapo Bond, and for it being extremely 1970s.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does Kino do more than one sale a year?

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Does Kino do more than one sale a year?

They do, but (I think) this is the first time a lot of their blu-rays are sub 10 for the first time and a lot of the 4ks are on sale.

I know I bought quite a few from the 4th of July sale last year, and the Halloween one was were I got a lot into the sleazy 70's French and Italian films.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The new The Long Goodbye is on sale for $12. So I'll grab that and Taking of Pelhelm 1 2 3. There's something else I saw that was good, but now I don't know. Scrolling through the sales page is tedious and while the wishlist function reflects sales prices, it doesn't actually specify if it's a regular price or a sales price.

edit: It was A Fistful of Dynamite, aka Duck, You Sucker on blu-ray for $10

Z-Fest favorite(?) Alex Cox's Straight To Hell, the punk rock "spaghetti" western is also $10.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 24, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Kino's site being such a piece of poo poo is good for me because it means I wouldn't see all kinds of poo poo I want. I don't often get stuff when one of the various sales come up but I made an except this time because the Kolchak movies were only ten bucks. I got three things:

The Night Stalker
The Night Strangler
Sebastiane

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was going to buy some Noir too but then I saw I was already over $120 so I decided to cool my jets.

Rascar Capac posted:

When Eight Bells Toll is hilarious for seeing Anthony Hopkins as a cheapo Bond, and for it being extremely 1970s.
I like Anthony Hopkins and I’m all for seeing him be knockoff Bond. So probably a good move on my part.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Going to wait after the start of April, but my tentative cart:

Broken Lullaby - always up for more Lubitsch
The Crucible - Realized I have the ancient Fox DVD, so that's one more upgrade.
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - Looks interesting, curious about it.
Hell in the Pacific - John Boorman directs Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifiune, what else do I need convincing on?
The Long Goodbye SE - One of my favorite Altmans, if not my favorite. Now I can sell the old Blu.
Man on the Moon - Have wanted to see this since forever.
Junior Bonner - Looks like an interesting McQueen/Peckinpah collab.

Also on the fence about these:
Diary of a Mad Housewife (have heard a lot of great things about this)
Bedtime Story - Has anyone seen this? I'm really interested in a comedy starring Marlon Brando and David Niven.
The Great Moment - Saw this years ago, not one of Sturges' best, but this apparently has the last interview Peter Bogdanovich ever did (part of a Zoom roundtable like on The Lady Eve)
The Fortune Cookie - First Wilder/Lemmon/Matthau film. How does it fare?
The Emperor Waltz - Good Wilder film?
Good Times - Only Friedkin I'm missing besides The Exorcist up to Cruising, but it looks bad.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Fistful of Dollars & For a Few Dollars More UHDs I’d maybe have grabbed if they were actually in stock. I’ll get them during another sale. I also had Blue Lamp & The Siege of Firebase Gloria on my list but I figured I blew enough money for one go.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Didn't know The Crucible was on there poo poo, time to make another irder

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

aperfectcirclefan posted:

This is what I picked up:

12 Angry Men (Don't sleep on this! James Gandolfini!)
Chato's Land
Death Rides a Horse
Taking of Pelham One Two Three
OSS 117: Five Film Collection

Updating this with...

The Long Goodbye
The Crucible
Straight to Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013