Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Final Fantasy Megathread: Thank Square-Enix every 20m for the Jack-off game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I thought the part where you have to make a frowny face and punch into your hand anytime any character mentions Chaos was a little extreme, but I have to admit that it does enhance the viewer experience

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega64 posted:

I got an e-mail from my uncle who works at Square and he said you're now required to thank Square every twenty minutes in this thread or else they'll never release the 2DHD remake of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

gently caress square enix.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hope they do a FF14 crossover where the WoL gets three dialogue options and each of them are the same thing: I need to kill Chaos

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait to walk around Limsa with my Wind-up Jack Garland minion.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jokes posted:

Hope they do a FF14 crossover where the WoL gets three dialogue options and each of them are the same thing: I need to kill Chaos

there's already a chaos fight in the game so you can sort of do this right now if you want to

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would wear jack's dumb triangle t shirt in ff14. I'm not sure how I feel about knowing that about myself, but it's futile to deny

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

jokes posted:

I need to kill Chaos.
I hunger to kill Chaos.
I thirst to kill Chaos.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/cc_rd_vinyl/en/

Some snippets of the new Chrono Cross soundtrack. It's more reimagined than I expected.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Heath posted:

Bro are you gonna just let Chaos win.

Yes :colbert:

In fact if the alternative is Order, that sounds pretty loving lame I must say

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would wear jack's dumb triangle t shirt in ff14. I'm not sure how I feel about knowing that about myself, but it's futile to deny

Their starting 'caual' clothes are downright loving hilarious. Like, literally straight out of an abercrombie and fitch catalog in every way, and the characters match perfectly too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Electromax posted:

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/cc_rd_vinyl/en/

Some snippets of the new Chrono Cross soundtrack. It's more reimagined than I expected.

every time something like this comes out and they still aren't including the overworld theme from Another World I get mildly irritated

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mega64 posted:

I got an e-mail from my uncle who works at Square and he said you're now required to thank Square every twenty minutes in this thread or else they'll never release the 2DHD remake of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Thanks Square.

SoP would be a perfect game if it had Mystic Quest and FFT levels, but it doesn't, so sadly it can only ever be okay.

ImpAtom posted:

Having actually seen the streaming terms myself no that is bullshit. Aside from the standard "don't stream past (x) point before release" stuff the only limitations was in scenes with My Way

There are plenty of people who streamed SoP so this is hilariously easy to disprove.

It might just be if you got a free copy from Square to stream, because Vinny said that the requirements made him back off of streaming it. Though he also said during the Tunic stream that went up recently that Square isn't particularly happy with him, because he pointed out performance issues during a stream of a free game he got from them before, so maybe it's just for him specifically. :v:

I do know that Square definitely has some restrictive terms for streaming if you got a game from them, because another youtuber I follow did a stream of Chocobo Racing GP, and she had to put up statements on her intro animation that was like "Do NOT clip anything from this stream" which was another restriction they mentioned.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 24, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Twelve by Pies posted:

It might just be if you got a free copy from Square to stream,

Yes that sounds like the sort of terms when ActiBlizz wants you to sponsor stream COD or whatever, you can't disparage the product in any way etc

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Play posted:

Yes :colbert:

In fact if the alternative is Order, that sounds pretty loving lame I must say

Their starting 'caual' clothes are downright loving hilarious. Like, literally straight out of an abercrombie and fitch catalog in every way, and the characters match perfectly too

Can't believe Nomura didn't even sneak in 1 extra belt

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Can't believe Nomura didn't even sneak in 1 extra belt

Yeah that's basically professional malpractice but I think he got the point across

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the problem for the FF14 collab would be jed's non-outfit outfit. But people would be clamoring for the jack and ash pieces for sure

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Thanks Square.

SoP would be a perfect game if it had Mystic Quest and FFT levels, but it doesn't, so sadly it can only ever be okay.

The DLC should be levels from Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and Kingdom Hearts.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like the problem for the FF14 collab would be jed's non-outfit outfit. But people would be clamoring for the jack and ash pieces for sure

well he's got the 3/4 sleeve sweater with the deep scoop neckline so it's a bit more subtle but it's definitely there

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Evil Fluffy posted:

The DLC should be levels chasing Greg around in Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and Kingdom Hearts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It was funny watching Maximilian Dood doing a sponsored stream of Babylon's Fall and obviously trying not to say anything disparaging while playing it.

Immediately as soon as his time was up he switched back to Elden Ring and talking about how amazing it is

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1499360467365597190

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Who the f is Vinny?

Also thanks Square Enicks

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

I need to kill Chaos.
I hunger to kill Chaos.
I thirst to kill Chaos.

Maybe I'll kill Chaos even if I don't have to?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ManSedan posted:

Who the f is Vinny?

A somewhat popular youtuber/Twitch streamer (he's mostly on Twitch though).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Now that I've slept on it I quite like the Iron Giant fight.

"The legs are just for show."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chaos ftw

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Since it's a Square-Enix game I'll mention it here also, the second Voice of Cards game is extremely good. If you liked the first one you will absolutely love this one. The story is better and more interesting, and more importantly, the difficulty was increased tremendously. It's nowhere near as easy as the first game was, since I know a few people were disappointed in that. Definitely get it if you liked the first one.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Twelve by Pies posted:

Since it's a Square-Enix game I'll mention it here also, the second Voice of Cards game is extremely good. If you liked the first one you will absolutely love this one. The story is better and more interesting, and more importantly, the difficulty was increased tremendously. It's nowhere near as easy as the first game was, since I know a few people were disappointed in that. Definitely get it if you liked the first one.

Well fine I guess I’ll spend more money on video games! Are you proud of yourself? I could be saving for the future but no, I’m going to have a good time instead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat Stranger of Paradise is so cool. Like, yeah, some of these jobs are a little half-baked and obseleted by their advanced versions, but man I can't help but appreciate that they tried and that they crammed so much poo poo in this game. If this game gets a sequel someday and it manages the Nioh 1->Nioh 2 jump in quality, it could really be an all-timer.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I completely agree. I just beat the four Fiend refight missions and a main story mission beyond that. I did not expect the story telling in this cheesy game to be much much better than the Nioh games. I feel there's maybe more going on in Nioh combat but there's still a ton of variety in SoP and the more weapon skills you unlock the more it approaches Nioh level combat. I'm entirely down for Team Ninja to do another game in this same vein again.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Have Team Ninja do a Stranger of Paradise: Chrono Break next. I’m here to kill Lavos.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

gently caress square enix.

This but Chaos.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah I think Im gonna get all the achievements in this game cause the one labeled "beat the game on chaos" is just finish any level on Chaos.

I do wish devs would just not have "secret achievements/trophies" so I can confirm what Im missing without trawling through a list.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its called chaos mode not order mode

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

What was the consensus on those Pixel Remasters? I do own all those game but they’re spread across PS1 discs and those old steam ports

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

All of them are excellent. No notes*.

*Change the font to FF6’s font.

It’s the best FF1-6 experience available today. Cloud saves too!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sponges posted:

What was the consensus on those Pixel Remasters? I do own all those game but they’re spread across PS1 discs and those old steam ports

Overall very positive, though purists may be dissatisfied with the new graphics, and there are bugs that they're still patching. The difficulty in a few of them is lower. You should mod them to replace the bad default font with a better one.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm definitely a nostalgic purist and while I have very little incentive to pick them up personally, they are great buys for someone who wants to hear the great music and/or a modern way to play the classics.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

They removed the "Peninsula of Power" in FFI. If that doesn't bother you, the other minor changes won't either. The fonts and character sprtes can be swapped out if you're not into them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The next step in stranger of paradise is to just make it a reverse dissidia so you have an excuse to put in the other FF protagonists as bosses or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Nice. I’ll give them a go.

I suppose 2 is so fundamentally broken they didn’t bother..?

God do I hate that mechanic they used in that game