Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

https://youtu.be/kJH-5G9NqHw?t=22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I too fell for the fake chapter posted last page

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Fungah! posted:

sadly luffy intercepts all the bullets andbounces them back at you twice as fast. your move, bitmap

no shame in losing to the best

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo can't believe how boned __________:yohoho:_______________

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was at a funeral today and literally put off clicking that link as a treat to cheer me up when I got back.

It's fine, you got me good you rascal.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Don't mind me, just sitting here refreshing onepiecechapters for the rest of the night until the chapter is live.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god, what?! We're going back to before the time skip?!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

greatest post in any of the OP threads

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Read a lovely scan/trnaslation and it made me extremely loving hype for the real deal.

i was trying to figure out how to do this without just reading spoilers but gave up. hopefully it comes mout before i go to bed

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jose posted:

i was trying to figure out how to do this without just reading spoilers but gave up. hopefully it comes mout before i go to bed

I gotcha ya.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/b24gAEx/1/1/

Quality is a joke but I understand if you read it anyway, the wait was rough.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Marluxia posted:

I gotcha ya.

lmao, this is the anime/manga equivalent of "I DO NOT GIVE FACEBOOK PERMISSION TO USE MY IMAGE" grandpa copy/pastes
"One Piece: These images can be considered as memes for contextual purposes"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Well played. :golfclap:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Marluxia posted:

I gotcha ya.

thank you friend. i'll wait for the actual scan to talk about it so people don't get accidentally spoiled

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1507073403571867664

I've never hated two manga more in my life, and it's not their fault.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Well my speculation was dead wrong but Im down with where this is going.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I think it's probably a bad idea to share even vague reactions at this point.

I too read the ultra lovely scanlation (it was good enough quality for me), and I have thoughts, but I know how much I would rather not have read other people's thoughts before reading, so I'm also waiting for a decent scanlation before I comment.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Marluxia posted:

I gotcha ya.

That hit the spot, thank you.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1496/one-piece-chapter-1044

PLEASE remember to use spoiler tags

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im so weak i read the lovely scans 5 minutes before the real scans dropped lol

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
So if I am understanding this right Luffy's power is cartoon physics.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

side_burned posted:

So if I am understanding this right Luffy's is isn't being rubber its cartoon physics.

they say hes still rubber! seems like he gets more control over his body now.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
great chap

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Jokes aside I assume the big reveal is that Luffy ate the JoyJoy Fruit which gives him the power of a cartoon. The Rubber was just the most easily defined part and Luffy's Awakening let's him run on gag comic physics full out, which as DBSuper taught us is superior to all punchman.

very nearly nailed it

one piece is crazy good this week

the bitcoin of weed fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 25, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

the bitcoin of weed posted:

very nearly nailed it

Might wanna change the text in the quote to spoiler text

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

very nearly nailed it

Give people a chance to read the chapter before quoting jimo

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

One Piece is loving great y'all

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Not feeling like I like the aesthetics of Gear 5 with the goopy hair and all.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
shanks is a loving snitch by outing luffy to the gorosei what a coward

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Luffy's new power is turning into The Mask.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont like it turning out that luffy has a godlike zoan but being essentially a cartoon man I guess I can live with

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yohoho he took a bite of Hito Hito no Mi Mythological Model: Nika

doesn't quite have the same ring to it

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 25, 2022

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

anime was right posted:

they say hes still rubber! seems like he gets more control over his body now.
I've been waiting half my life for giant bobblehead luffy and now it feels like it'll happen in the near future

On another, more speculative note, blackbeard successfully stealing luffy's fruit is totally gonna be a plot point, right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
story wise i dont like the implications but execution wise lol, lmao.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unironically love that after all the careful theorizing on what it could be the answer to "how can it be something else but still have the properties of rubber" was "it is just a person, who happens to have the properties of rubber"

The ultimate power that the world government was willing to risk it all to seal away being "im a cartoon now" is perfect
honestly the best awakening luffy could ask for

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

anime was right posted:

This is why reading spoiler summaries are always so bad. Seeing everything just get way GOOFY is kind of selling me on it, and I'm excited to read more.

Luffy's rubber powers basically being rationalized as the power of "squash and stretch" is really doing it for me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BoosterDuck posted:

As if they didn't already know Luffy had the gum-gum fruit. He's not exactly been subtle about being made of rubber.

Anyway Orochi is finally dead so chapter is good. Weird though that there is a big reveal of Luffy having a super special Zoan fruit that's power is turning someone into rubber. Seems kinda unnecessary to make a big deal out of this because I think every reader would accept luffy having goofy cartoon rubber powers anyway.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

same

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BoosterDuck posted:

Yeah I think that’s gotta be what he was talking to them about. Also explains why they didn’t try too hard to capture/kill Luffy before, they didn’t realize the Gomu Gomu was the Nika fruit(probably only Shanks and Imu knew)

So I’m guessing Shanks originally went to Luffy’s island to give that fruit to Ace, Roger’s son? But decided to bet on Luffy instead when he said the same stuff Roger did.

As for the actual chapter I’m not sure how I feel about this yet. I’ll see how the next few chapters go

EDIT: Zoans have a mind of their own also explains why objects that are “fed” Zoans become alive

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 25, 2022

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

very nearly nailed it

It's really easy to nail it when you read the spoilers and then come into the thread and act like you're "making a guess" for gooncred.

Anyway, chapter's great. Love the design of Gear 5, that last page is super iconic. I don't really know why people (who read spoilers, have been talking about this for like a week) are mad at this, Sengoku's power is literally "I'm Buddha," but he has the properties of gold and can make shockwaves, it fits fine into the lore of the comic. And One Piece has always had "chosen ones," Will of D., so I don't know why people are mad at that all of a sudden. I think TVTropes broke too many people's brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

It's really easy to nail it when you read the spoilers and then come into the thread and act like you're "making a guess" for gooncred.

Anyway, chapter's great. Love the design of Gear 5, that last page is super iconic. I don't really know why people (who read spoilers, have been talking about this for like a week) are mad at this, Sengoku's power is literally "I'm Buddha," but he has the properties of gold and can make shockwaves, it fits fine into the lore of the comic. And One Piece has always had "chosen ones," Will of D., so I don't know why people are mad at that all of a sudden. I think TVTropes broke too many people's brains.

he isn't even really a chosen one since he ate the fruit in anger ad a child. It was literally the closet piece of food too him!