Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The funniest one was Jujutsu Kaisen’s author just straight-up posting Gear 5 coloured pages to their insta story before that week’s Jump had hit newsstands lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i am legitimately scared of what the state of luffy and zoro both will be by the end of this

not to mention the majority of the scabbards are uh, in pretty grim shape as well

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Sorry I had to catch up way late but Oda is a pervert who loves drawing boobs and talking about Luffys dong and how it stretches. Like yeah he's gross at a lot of points but you're yelling at people for commenting at way less than Oda has done ya weirdo

I was overzealous, thank you for your honesty and I apologize to all the one piece lovers my rage has harmed :prayhands:

scary ghost dog posted:

luffy has the buku-buku no mi model: tijuana bible

Lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Usopp will step up and defend wano from the WG

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 1, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

i am legitimately scared of what the state of luffy and zoro both will be by the end of this

not to mention the majority of the scabbards are uh, in pretty grim shape as well

i don’t think there’s gonna be permanent damage for Luffy at least but I feel like it’s definitely gonna be A Thing With Repercussions that Zoro/Luffy are recovering from being beat to poo poo next arc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo :lol:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Absolutely.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The World Inferno posted:

Said it before, will say it again, Oda's best gift is how many cards he holds to his chest. We really have a ton of unanswered threads about this world yet to be resolved.
Oda has been keeping close the answers to stuff like the void century and the origin of devil fruits for over two decades and in their stead, answers questions that nobody asked but those answers were kind of in front of us the whole time like Who is Luffy's father & grandfather?/Who was Ace's biological father?/What (who) is Poseidon? and now with What is the Gomu Gomu fruit really?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'd missed those Fakehat edits. :allears:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

theories that blackbeard is the bluto to luffys popeye are definitely in the right zone i think. not only does it help with their mirroring/parallels, not only does it line up with the yami also having weird properties that dont seem to entirely fit its archetype correctly, but keep in mind that the two fruits are also nearly physically identical.

also this was easily the best "fighting" chapter of one piece ever and one of the ones i laughed the hardest at. so many amazing gags. imagine not having faith in oda or where this is going lmao

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

sorry 4 double post but also!!! luffy busts out a literal giant form. thats right, back on that gigantification grindset with this drat fruit!!! though it seems a little slimmer now that its a magic sun god fruit and not just something that can embiggen the smallest man. but still, its there and in the text!!!

also, i am going to tap the sign and say its not just in the thematic way anymore but even in the incredible movement/"animation". what i wouldnt fuckin give to see yuasa animate this fight for the anime somehow...

Paper Lion posted:

luffy v kaido is just peco v dragon from ping pong

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

this confirms that not only do comic books exist in the One Piece world, but that Kaido is an avid comic book reader

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Siliziumleben posted:

this confirms that not only do comic books exist in the One Piece world, but that Kaido is an avid comic book reader

wasn’t it already mentioned that Law read that comic that contained the fictionalized version of Germa?

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Guy A. Person posted:

wasn’t it already mentioned that Law read that comic that contained the fictionalized version of Germa?

yeah but Law is a nerd

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Do you guys think there are lovely syndicated comic strips in the Coo newspapers? Like the one piece equivalent of Garfield

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Scholtz posted:

:rolleyes:

Anyways, chapter is good.

I think Luffy might win this fight :ssh:

no, i get it - i was wrong to make jokes in the One Piece thread and getting probated by Young Mouth is part of that

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

There is already a big orange cat that eats lasagna in One Piece.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Libra posted:

There is already a big orange cat that eats lasagna in One Piece.

But do they have any strong opinions on days of the week?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The action in the last two chapters is rapidly blowing away any doubts I had about the story implications of the big reveal. The current chapter in particular was DELIGHTFUL.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Siliziumleben posted:

yeah but Law is a nerd

kaido shows himself to be a big nerd too whenever he starts talking about devil fruits

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

furiously spamming oda's inbox with requests for the cover page random drawings to have a "Professor Kaido teaches animals about devil fruits"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm torn between wanting more fight and wanting a Kaido flashback

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 1, 2022

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Oda's been reading Grant Morrison. Luffy realises he's a cartoon and obtains godlike powers. One Piece the treasure actually is One Piece, the book that exists in our universe. Roger's crew couldn't mentally parse this extradimensional entity and so their reaction was uncontrollable laughter. If a bald guy in a trenchcoat turns up you know I'm right

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Celebrating Usopp's birthday today vs celebrating Jinbe's birthday tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KB84z-ydrk

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Wachter posted:

Oda's been reading Grant Morrison. Luffy realises he's a cartoon and obtains godlike powers. One Piece the treasure actually is One Piece, the book that exists in our universe. Roger's crew couldn't mentally parse this extradimensional entity and so their reaction was uncontrollable laughter. If a bald guy in a trenchcoat turns up you know I'm right

thank you for reminding me of Animal Man. what a loving trippy read that was at like, 13 years old lol

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I feel robbed that we don't have a Zoro face with one eye

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Oda's love of old cartoons and big titties means One Piece is actually set in the Roger Rabbit universe. No I will not elaborate.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

seems pretty straight forward to me....

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Robviously posted:

Oda's love of old cartoons and big titties means One Piece is actually set in the Roger Rabbit universe. No I will not elaborate.

The only breasts that Luffy seems to notice are chicken.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Robviously posted:

Gol D. Roger Rabbit

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This power-up will forever ruin anime forum 'vs' threads for the rest of time.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Thoren posted:

If dragon ball super can quantify toon powers I’m sure the power scalers can too

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Arale vs. Luffy dream match please…..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thoren posted:

Dragonball Super already established that Gag Characters are the most powerful.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cat Machine posted:

Arale vs. Luffy dream match please…..

Top 5 what if fight, easy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU