Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

it is literally the worst thing i can think of doing with my money but every bone in my body is screaming to purchase one of the huge star wars sets

If you're going to do that go all the way and purchase the Titanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Join the Falcon friends

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I keep making spaceships, send help.

This one is (once again) EVE-inspired, based off Triglavian designs.

Really fun to work off the different angles, and just really, really wanted an excuse to use that orb in something, and this just fit the bill.

'Strzyga' Interceptor

https://flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72177720297803946

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

it is literally the worst thing i can think of doing with my money but every bone in my body is screaming to purchase one of the huge star wars sets

Buy the Titanic instead

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
For me the Titanic is firmly in 'looks very cool but if it weren't Lego would I give a poo poo about it?' territory so I can get why people wouldn't go for it. If you're a Star Wars dork the UCS Falcon is the absolute zenith.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Olpainless posted:

I have zero motivation to stop you from making dope-rear end poo poo like this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Olpainless posted:

This one is (once again) EVE-inspired, based off Triglavian designs.

Really fun to work off the different angles, and just really, really wanted an excuse to use that orb in something, and this just fit the bill.

'Strzyga' Interceptor

https://flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72177720297803946

Very sick!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I wish I were skilled enough to make dope-rear end poo poo ship like that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Skill is just time invested so get to work. :v:

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

xzzy posted:

Skill is just time invested so get to work. :v:

Yeah, stud.io is free, isn't it? I've got no valid excuses.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Meaty Ore posted:

Carbohydrates posted:

Brawnfire posted:

Very sick!

Cheers!
And honestly, sometimes the best move is to just start mashing bricks together with a rough image in your mind. It's fun!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

What are you, chicken?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Meaty Ore posted:

But he, somehow, some way
Keeps comin' up with funky-rear end ships, like, every single day.

Also I just got back from meeting a redditor to give away all the random Bionicle pieces I've ended up with from buying bulk Lego lots, so that's my charitable act for the year.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished the first half the of the Countach - the way they do the shaping on the back was super clever.

I'm a little bummed the Delorean went out of stock so quickly - was back ordered in the morning then out of stock in the afternoon. Hope I'll be able to sync it up with a promo or VIP in the future.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bionicle parts are cheap, right? I've got the whole set from 2015/16 or whenever they revamped the line and it went immediately to clearance. kid's old enough now we can open up the tub and play rock'em sock'em rip their masks off 'em robots. seeing the monkey kid mechs though I know I can make the frames less empty and spindly

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 3, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have literally zero interest in the titanic but the giant Star Wars sets are dope.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

There's always a small portion of my psyche that's fighting to suppress another small part that is just saying "spend it all, just buy Mos Eisley Cantina. Get two, it'll be amazing. Maybe devote different rooms to different Star Wars planets?! You should just spend £1000s on Bricklink to build that Ninjago city-but-Couruscant you keep planning in your head". It's like there's a war in me trying to stop funneling everything I have into Danish plastic.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am in the Falcon club already. And the only thing keeping me from throwing another pile of money at an ISD is that I have no idea how or where I would display it. I have an office in my house that is my man cave, but the built in shelves are just barely deep enough to display the Falcon on its side. I think my wife might take exception of my Lego habit started creeping outside of my office.

My daughter’s Lego Friends sets/debris has completely taken over our dining room already. But at 4.5 years old, I don’t want her anywhere near my more complex sets as she is a bit rough.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

What are you, chicken?

I want you to know that this made my whole day

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Olpainless posted:

Owns.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just get a bootleg Mr. Gold for like $40 off Ebay

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
i have the falcon. extremely hosed up that they just hand you a massive box with the word TOY printed on it 1536 times and expect you to lug it through the mall to your car

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

i have the falcon. extremely hosed up that they just hand you a massive box with the word TOY printed on it 1536 times and expect you to lug it through the mall to your car

My lego store wheels out big sets and puts them in your car for you. True heroes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Don’t they do the wheel thing any more?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Honestly if you’re looking to relive a childhood obsessed with SW, the Death Star is the end all be all.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Oh, the mixture of looks I got carrying the Colosseum to the car. What a day.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just release them in seperate boxes.
I can't wait for SSD episode 2: The Bridge!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GlenMR posted:

Oh, the mixture of looks I got carrying the Colosseum to the car. What a day.

it must've been hard to separate the looks of awe from the looks of longing

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Are there any websites where people post simple MOCs others can copy with instructions? I'm interested in building a very simply peasant hut for the medieval stuff my son plays with, but I don't want these big cottages everyone seems to think Peasants lived in all the time.

Also working on a little church moc for my son to play with, waiting a few more weeks for all the pick a brick pieces needed to finish it. I'll post pictures once I'm done.

I really wish they would do a new Castle theme, or at least re-release some of the more popular ones (Medieval Market Village would be a perfect choice). I am excited for the 90th Anniversary set.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 4, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

I tired to get the Ghostbusters Fire station on the back of my motorbike, not realizing exactly how big the box was when I got back to the parking lot.

I took it back to the store and asked them to hold onto it while I went over to Home Depot to grab a bunch of hooked bungee cords lol

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Are there any websites where people post simple MOCs others can copy with instructions? I'm interested in building a very simply peasant hut for the medieval stuff my son plays with, but I don't want these big cottages everyone seems to think Peasants lived in all the time.

Also working on a little church moc for my son to play with, waiting a few more weeks for all the pick a brick pieces needed to finish it. I'll post pictures once I'm done.
There are free instructions mixed in with the "premium" (paid) stuff on sites like Rebrickable, but honestly, just free-build something. Or find a picture of a MOC you like and reverse engineer it as best you can from looking at it. Either way is good practice and your son will dig it, even if it comes out a bit scuffed.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Carbohydrates posted:

There are free instructions mixed in with the "premium" (paid) stuff on sites like Rebrickable, but honestly, just free-build something. Or find a picture of a MOC you like and reverse engineer it as best you can from looking at it. Either way is good practice and your son will dig it, even if it comes out a bit scuffed.

Yeah, I think I'll do that. My son has a lot of fun 'helping' right now, I think freeform is the way to go for now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

Honestly if you’re looking to relive a childhood obsessed with SW, the Death Star is the end all be all.

I dunno I’ve never really been tempted to get the Death Star. In theory I’d love one but I just never felt like it’s display value was worth the size and cost of the set. Plus most of the minifigs can be had in other sets.

I’m more interested in any little death stat vignettes they do, but for the most part it’s always been the ships and walkers that were the draw.

I’m kind of surprised myself I never caved on either Death Star regardless. I guess they both came out before I resigned myself to buying really expensive sets once in a while.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Another seed part build. This time, the seed was the brick separator, which I have never used in a model before.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does the plunger work?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Does the plunger work?
Absolutely not!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a way you could alter it so it does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

My brain totally parsed that image as the regular objects and I had to force myself to accept it as lego.