Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I keep hitting the trap to make more candelabras because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can evolve weapons before the 10-minute mark now.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You can evolve weapons before the 10-minute mark now.

I think that's only on Dairy map? It wasn't evolving on the new one for me earlier

e; or if a dairy map boss wave shows up on green acres

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 5, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mazerunner posted:

New Secret- on new map go down like way way way down, waaaaayyy past the new unlock, the environment will get darker and darker, until eventually a bloodborne/silent hill boss shows up, kill it

unlocks a new character
Took me 25ish minutes in hyper mode with ~10 minutes of getting BUFF. As soon as I evolved the guns I just ran. Protip: Grab attractorb so you still get most of your XP during the sprint stage.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

Took me 25ish minutes in hyper mode with ~10 minutes of getting BUFF. As soon as I evolved the guns I just ran. Protip: Grab attractorb so you still get most of your XP during the sprint stage.

I couldn't get there even with Red Death. It doesn't help that I wasn't sure what I was even looking for (not that you can see any thing after a certain point).

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

You just keep going until the music fades out
And then you keep going more

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I saw some positive buzz about this so, for the price, I dove in.

I think this game would be well worth it at literally ten times its asking price. :stare:

:hmbol: when you start getting really powerful stuff and just exterminate thousands of undead. Neclord can't handle me.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ms Adequate posted:

I saw some positive buzz about this so, for the price, I dove in.

I think this game would be well worth it at literally ten times its asking price. :stare:

:hmbol: when you start getting really powerful stuff and just exterminate thousands of undead. Neclord can't handle me.

I have put more hours in to this than Elden RIng, yikes.

Maybe not as many as Tunic. Technically I've been playing it since before ER though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

as you could probably assume, the new weapon does have a small chance to spawn for other characters, like bone and cherry bomb.

also, the number of bounces it can do scales with amount.

also also ANOTHER secret character with a pretty annoying unlock method- kill green death on dairy plant, then for like a second a pink thing will show up in bottom right corner of your screen, hit down and enter, timing is very tight

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mazerunner posted:

also also ANOTHER secret character with a pretty annoying unlock method- kill green death on dairy plant, then for like a second a pink thing will show up in bottom right corner of your screen, hit down and enter, timing is very tight

lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mazerunner posted:

as you could probably assume, the new weapon does have a small chance to spawn for other characters, like bone and cherry bomb.

also, the number of bounces it can do scales with amount.

Sounds like it’s time to do some save editing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oh for gently caress's sake the stupid popup for that unlock isn't even guaranteed every kill.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I have put more hours in to this than Elden RIng, yikes.

Maybe not as many as Tunic. Technically I've been playing it since before ER though.

That's because one of these is a good game :q:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

now we've got a minecart, kinda want to see a minecart/bone/Cherry bomb union where skeletons ride the minecart, throwing bones that explode on bouncing or somesuch
naturally more Amount means more skeletons in the cart

E: come to think of it: cart ought to ought to explode on bouncing as well, bigger one when it runs out of bounces and crashes

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 6, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

That's because one of these is a good game :q:
Huge support for Tunic in the VS thread, I see.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

dis astranagant posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake the stupid popup for that unlock isn't even guaranteed every kill.

Honestly, I've been having trouble even spawning in Green Death -- last three runs I was idle for 10+ minutes and no sign of it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tricky posted:

Honestly, I've been having trouble even spawning in Green Death -- last three runs I was idle for 10+ minutes and no sign of it.

It only shows up at 8 and 12 minutes, allegedly 30% chance but seems much lower in practice, even with zero luck. It can also show up at the start of the map but if you're playing christine like you probably should for this it'll just die instantly with basically no chance of giving the prompt. If you don't pass your pentagram roll it doesn't actually die but instead flees at very high speed without giving the stupid popup you're supposed to hit down + enter on.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

So first thing and very important- it has to be down arrow key. 'S' if you're using WASD does NOT work.

I just kept quitting and reloading until it showed up right away, then kited it over to a cart and got it. Took a few attempts because of the above issue. Played as not-Bayonetta.

Trying to use Pentagram/Moon I think takes too long/too much set up for a not guaranteed spawn and is pretty finicky.

New character Toastie, a pink version of ex-dash, with peachone and 1 (ONE!) health but +30% move speed

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 6, 2022

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Ok so I'm not missing anything

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

toastie has some odd gimmicks if you can keep them alive. 20% luck every 10 levels up to 100% more, +9998 hp at level 100, and +65520 armor at level 200. Has a move speed bonus instead of exdash's penalty

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Does that much armor actually mean you could shrug off Death or is it still going to kill you?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

dis astranagant posted:

It only shows up at 8 and 12 minutes, allegedly 30% chance but seems much lower in practice, even with zero luck. It can also show up at the start of the map but if you're playing christine like you probably should for this it'll just die instantly with basically no chance of giving the prompt. If you don't pass your pentagram roll it doesn't actually die but instead flees at very high speed without giving the stupid popup you're supposed to hit down + enter on.

Okay, I did some runs and had 100% success rate in spawning Green Death at 8 minutes on the timer when I was running Hurry Mode (and Hyper, but not sure if that matters?), so it ended up being one run where I spaced on hitting the combo after carting and then a second run where it worked and I got 'em.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What's the deal with green death and how do you kill him

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

tithin posted:

What's the deal with green death and how do you kill him

You kill him with the mine carts on level 3 or a rosary. Do not listen to the lies about killing him with pentagram, it doesn't loving register. Upon killing it properly a hidden character pops up in the lower right corner for half a second and you need to mash down (not S, down arrow) + enter on the keyboard before it disappears to unlock one of the secret characters.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Tortolia posted:

Does that much armor actually mean you could shrug off Death or is it still going to kill you?

Death deals 65,535 damage, so even with a maxed out Armor item and a maxed armor powerup, it's still dealing damage to you, just isn't a 1-hit KO.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
when big bone attack?

:yohoho::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::yohoho:

:yohoho::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::skeltal::yohoho:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

dis astranagant posted:

You kill him with the mine carts on level 3 or a rosary. Do not listen to the lies about killing him with pentagram, it doesn't loving register. Upon killing it properly a hidden character pops up in the lower right corner for half a second and you need to mash down (not S, down arrow) + enter on the keyboard before it disappears to unlock one of the secret characters.

Yeah, this is some straight up bullshit. I've only managed to get him to even show up at all twice, and you basically have zero leeway to hit the button command within the window. Feels like it's all of three frames and then gently caress you.

What's the internal name so I can just hack this poo poo in?

Edit: If anyone would like to skip this tedious crap, Toastie's internal name is "Panini".

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 6, 2022

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

serefin99 posted:

Death deals 65,535 damage, so even with a maxed out Armor item and a maxed armor powerup, it's still dealing damage to you, just isn't a 1-hit KO.

Ostensibly then you could actually kill him then if you had evolved whip and garlic leeching HP back, but the HP level of a l200 death would probably still be prohibitive.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

e: blah, hangover != reading comprehension

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 6, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hello Sailor posted:

Also, the character with the insane armor value at L200 has 1 HP. With maxed out armor powerup and passive item, a single Death would be dealing 8 dps. IIRC, the max HP powerup and passive are percentage-based, so you'd have at most 2 HP.

Also gets 9999hp at level 100 in addition to the armor at 200

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

dis astranagant posted:

Pentagram works but only if you get the good does-not-delete-exp proc (or have Gorgeous Moon).

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
what's with the blue death on the tower?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Molybdenum posted:

what's with the blue death on the tower?

Another way of killing you, from what I can tell.

It raises the water level (you can see rain or whatever coming from its scythe) so you're forced to keep going up and up, otherwise you take damage from the water.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

think the blue death is also tied to the Giant Enemy Crab; kill the crab and blue death ought to leave and take the water with them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Emong posted:

Pentagram works but only if you get the good does-not-delete-exp proc (or have Gorgeous Moon).

I call bullshit on that because I had it not work 6 times in a row from 65% + 30-80 luck.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dis astranagant posted:

I call bullshit on that because I had it not work 6 times in a row from 65% + 30-80 luck.

That's RNG baby...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

the statistics understander has logged on

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anything over 50% luck turns pentagram 7 into a guaranteed success. It's some scripted nonsense where instead of dying stalker runs away at ludicrous speed.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

yeah I'd still recommend just resetting until it shows up at 0:00 and luring it over to a minecart.

That or save-editing. Or just forgetting about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Mazerunner posted:

Or just forgetting about it.

This is my plan. Nothing about Toastie seems like they would be fun for me to play, so I'm not gonna bother with it.