Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

The Midniter posted:

You absolute imbecile. You oaf. You do not make homemade pizza with pre-shredded cheese. The cellulose they coat the shreds in makes it terrible. You must atone for your sins and begin shredding your own cheese. The difference will be incredible.

Also, the KS shredded mozzarella is insanely coated with it. Gritty to the touch. Worst I have ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kaddish posted:

Just in case this wasn't immediately obvious - you will want to use a grating attachment for the food processor. It works very well. I don't think throwing a block of cheese into the regular blades would work too great. Or maybe it would, I dunno. Use the attachment.

New idea, dice up a frozen block and toss it into the vitamix.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Got a new fridge from them. You'll read wildly different reviews, and it always comes down to the local company Costco subcontracts to do the delivery and install. I mustve gotten lucky. They installed it just fine and were super nice.

Same. Fridge in NorCal. Only downside was they showed up early and we hadn't emptied the fridge. They called to tell me they were on the way but I didn't recognize the number and they didn't leave a number. They had no problem getting things ready while we emptied and the install was very smooth, works great.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I never thought of freezing moz and it's miserable to shred with out that so I'll give that a shot next time. Thx for the pro tip

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Johnny Truant posted:

i hate shredding cheese, i probably just need a better cheese grater but drat that poo poo sucks to do

I like blocks of cheese too because they last longer than shredded cheese, which goes bad quickly in the fridge.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

pentyne posted:

New idea, dice up a frozen block and toss it into the vitamix.

You wouldn't even need to dice it in a Vitamix. You'd get cheese paste either way.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
Went to church for the first time in a long while, got some bad rear end camp chairs, four pairs of slacks, 10 pairs boxer briefs lil bit of frozen food, a 24 pack of bold cerveza from Jalisco, four pounds of plums for 8 bux and of course the dog with soda & refill

Oh and a pound of king crab for dinner, 30% cheaper than the grocery store

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Food processor with the shredder disc makes shredding cheese almost instantaneous. More for if you want to do a lot of cheese because there is some cleanup (although most stuff can just go in dishwasher)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

priznat posted:

Food processor with the shredder disc makes shredding cheese almost instantaneous. More for if you want to do a lot of cheese because there is some cleanup (although most stuff can just go in dishwasher)

I have lived on this earth for 41 years now, and the only thing I have ever seen my parents use a food processor for is it's "electric cheese grater" function.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Always Be Making More Toum

I think my favorite food processor use is pizza dough. Takes like 30 seconds.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Food processor?

Oh you mean the Nut Chopper

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have a kitchen aid one that is heavy as poo poo but it will outlast us all.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

I have a kitchen aid one that is heavy as poo poo but it will outlast us all.

i didn’t know they made urethras

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

i didn’t know they made urethras

Has a lot of bad rear end attachments too!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going to costco tonight or tomorrow

need a couple clam shells of spring mix and a bag of apples, oranges, and potatoes. weve been loading up on produce and really havnty had any wasted food.

probably pick up some steak or pork chops and a pack of cod.

and those crunch bars.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Kaddish posted:

You wouldn't even need to dice it in a Vitamix. You'd get cheese paste either way.

I mean, you could, but the best part of the vitamix is that its low settings are super low and would just crumble something like cheese, or finely chop pineapple for jam, or make chunky salsa, or whatever. obliterate is not its only speed

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

numberoneposter posted:

going to costco tonight or tomorrow

need a couple clam shells of spring mix and a bag of apples, oranges, and potatoes. weve been loading up on produce and really havnty had any wasted food.

probably pick up some steak or pork chops and a pack of cod.

and those crunch bars.

I'm concerned that you're not eating enough eggs

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Also far too many of you are consuming way too much sodium.

The ramen type noodle packages? Leave them on the shelf!!!

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Got some of the Waygu Beef Jerky. $15 for a 10 ounce bag. Not bad by any means, but not worth the extra money if you see it out there.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My food processor is a hummus machine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spinz posted:

Also far too many of you are consuming way too much sodium.

Someone hasn't visited the Taco Bell thread.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Cheese grating chat: https://www.amazon.com/Ourokhome-Rotary-Cheese-Grater-Shredder/dp/B07TRKQXFW

The other tips for firming up mozz and precutting to sizes that fit in the rotary grater (or food processor) are pro.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spinz posted:

The ramen type noodle packages? Leave them on the shelf!!!

:wrong:

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
More shredder talk but absolutely get this for fresh shredded cheese.

Search for presto salad shooter.

It's only $40 on walmart or look on facebook marketplace. I got mine second hand and it is used at least twice a week.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The jingle is pretty catchy too.

Try Professional Salad Shooter©!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

PokeJoe posted:

My food processor is a hummus machine

We use ours for toum and peanut butter.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Suburban Dad posted:

We use ours for toum and peanut butter.

Toum is on the short list of things I want to make but am too much of a baby to attempt. Have you had any issues with it breaking?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's expensive but Brevilles and food pros like it are the only good ones because it doesn't have a hole in the middle for your cheese to fall into

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Appliance delivery/install trip report:
Delivery window: 10:15am - 12:15pm
Actual arrival: 2:15pm, no "we are 30 minutes away" call.

Old washer and dryer are gone.
New washer and dryer are here.
They mopped up the area and lysoled everything.

Perfect besides the late arrival, but I work from home so didn't really care.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Horn posted:

Toum is on the short list of things I want to make but am too much of a baby to attempt. Have you had any issues with it breaking?

Nah, just add oil slowly. Peeling all that loving garlic is the hard part.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

Nah, just add oil slowly. Peeling all that loving garlic is the hard part.

Costco sells giant bags of peeled garlic.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Costco sells giant bags of peeled garlic.

Is it still sourced from China?

Peeled Chinese garlic is one of those things that has some truly :stare: human rights poo poo attached if you dig into it at all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just buy a garlic peeler, those things will destroy garlic peel in like 10 seconds.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's from California, I looked it up the last time peeled garlic came up

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i would simply smash the garlic with the flat of my knife and then easily peel it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A peel three bulbs at a time by clenching them between my butt cheeks.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I trick I saw somewhere is to put whole garlic heads in a pan with a lid and shake the hell out of it. The peel will fall off. You will need to clean the sticky garlic residue off the pan though, but for enormous amounts of garlic it might be worth it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

buffalo all day posted:

i would simply smash the garlic with the flat of my knife and then easily peel it

yeah i never got the complaints about peeling garlic when it's the easiest veggie to peel that i can think of

but then again i didn't think about any better ways to improve my cheese grating so i may not be the best to comment on this sort of thing :derp:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJf_LsUilWI

I don't have the OXO one from this video, but this is all you need to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I must have a gutter pallet. I just use the pre cut stuff in a jar and it taste the same to me. Save a whole lot of time too.