Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Which I mean, that's kinda the feeling I think it was meant to evoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Invalid Validation posted:

Amazon really dropped the ball on WoT merch.

It's the weirdest thing. They had presentations out with production designs and proposed merch sketches years and years ago. I guess they didn't get as many licensing bites as they hoped. Also, COVID.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm coming into the end of Crossroads of Twilight and Perrin's lost in the woods bullshit is incredibly frustrating given that they could pop off for food by gateway at any moment but sure, feed your dudes acorn paste.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm coming into the end of Crossroads of Twilight and Perrin's lost in the woods bullshit is incredibly frustrating given that they could pop off for food by gateway at any moment but sure, feed your dudes acorn paste.

I vaguely recall "we shouldn't use ashaman to do gateways because something real weird is going on with the power/they're overtired" but it wasn't quite enough to justify that bit...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
There was something about how Perrin's group was Just Too Large to gateway travel without exhausting the Asha'man and then suddenly when that got to be too much of a contrivance they just went "Gee whiz why don't we try a circle with the other people who can channel in the group" and suddenly they could make gateways far far larger than two dudes could solo. Perrin's plot was so dumb for so long.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

You could say his plot was part of the pattern, because he *had* to do certain things in order to become thor+hephaestus, find Morgase, reunite her with Galad, so that the whitecloaks were at the last battle.

You *could* say that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It was actually so we get Graendal desperately thinking THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Oh yah! A field trip to little Innsmouth. Let's just ignore all the red flags on the way in. Looking forward to the inevitable betrayal!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Boy this last book is really dragging. I'm getting pretty sick of these Trollic battlefield scenes. And I'm not even halfway through.

I wish book 13 and 14 were combined and cut down. The trolloc war poo poo should have been a natural ramp up to a conclusion. It is so so tonally weird to have a main city get sacked and destroyed, and then spend 5 chapters or so focusing on the queen of the main city having meetings and lightly bickering with people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was because as a JRPG, you had to have a part where one member of the party has to grind for a week to level up because the game is imbalanced

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

WoT was always an anime, so some absurd, obscene spectacle near the climax is required.

Sanderson couldn't help himself and gave us half a dozen.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It’s ya boy Bayle Domon!

https://twitter.com/wottvseries/status/1514278423488712706?s=21&t=2CczLPcYQzLwypU3st-Hiw

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

double cast him as Beidomon for maximum confusion

I suppose that means we should be looking for egeanin…

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fortune prick me! He's perfect.

buffalo all day posted:

double cast him as Beidomon for maximum confusion

I suppose that means we should be looking for egeanin…

We may already have Egeanin, I can't remember if she starts out with half her head shaved or not. Jessica Boone, Guy Roberts wife (Uno) is in S2 and has been seen around Prague with half her head shaved.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

eke out posted:

[whispering to my date when bayle domon comes on screen] "fortune prick me, that do be bayle domon"

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Hexel posted:

We may already have Egeanin, I can't remember if she starts out with half her head shaved or not. Jessica Boone, Guy Roberts wife (Uno) is in S2 and has been seen around Prague with half her head shaved.

She doesn't, she isn't raised to the Blood until after Tanchico. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but shaving half the head seems more like a so'jhin thing too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Isn't Suroth described as having the long mohawk-ish of hair and sides shaved?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Isn't Suroth described as having the long mohawk-ish of hair and sides shaved?

Yeah if she’s not Egeanin she’ll almost certainly be Suroth.

Here’s a short video captured by an onlooker of stunt actors practicing a battle on set in Morocco.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcT_WkdjBe9/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hexel fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 14, 2022

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
By my aged grandmother, that do be a good face for Bayle Domon

Arad Doman domani

Damane

Beidomon

Do be do be do

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The Matt/Tuon "romance" is making me wistful for more Faile.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And in what has to be Lews Therin's worst reincarnation to date:

https://twitter.com/SpaceHub_SL/status/1513356890507517952?t=y0iCcAxYVLtfFYXvv6-YLw&s=19

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Moar cast!

https://twitter.com/wottvseries/status/1514752694778441764?s=21&t=Ptb22Q7n8Ctfy3OOykP1Eg

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I had to look Yassica up...I couldn't place the name. She's a long dead Brown Aes Sedai who Egwene quotes at one point. I guess she's joining Kerene Nagashi among the time travelling resurrected Aes Sedi on the show. Neat.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

She's Mesaana. Putting my bet on that right now.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

She's Mesaana. Putting my bet on that right now.

I don't think Mesaana's going to be in the show. There are only eight Forsaken now, and given the balance thing they're emphasizing on the show, it'll probably be four male and four female. So of the ladies, you have to have Lanfear, Moghedien, and Semiraghe. That leaves one spot open for either Graendal or Mesaana, and I'd argue that Mesaana is the more disposable, since anything she does from the books can be replaced by "high ranking Black Ajah person" where-as you really ought to keep Graendal around for Natrim's Barrow and the events surrounding it. Though probably they'll kill her there and not do the Hessalam thing at all, I'd wager.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

QUIET YOU I'M MAKING PREDICTIONS HERE

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Personally I think the most disposable Chosen gal is Semirhage. She hardly does anything. Tortures an aes sedai, kills a ton of people offscreen, and then blasts off Rands hand.

Speaking of which, do you think they’ll give Rand the Jamie Lannister treatment and make him run around without a hand for multiple seasons?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Hexel posted:

Personally I think the most disposable Chosen gal is Semirhage. She hardly does anything. Tortures an aes sedai, kills a ton of people offscreen, and then blasts off Rands hand.

Speaking of which, do you think they’ll give Rand the Jamie Lannister treatment and make him run around without a hand for multiple seasons?

And uses the black a'dam to control Rand into nearly killing Min, creates Darth Rand, and inadvertently opens his link to the True Power. That's a pretty big deal.

By comparison, Mesaana does much MUCH less on-screen. She lurks in the Tower hidden as a Brown until the very end when Egwene kicks her rear end. You could have Alviarin or a new head of the Black Ajah pull the strings to overthrow Siuan and nothing would change.

Keep Semiraghe, dump Mesaana. :colbert:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/blaugranaana/status/1514765259428442125?s=21&t=Ptb22Q7n8Ctfy3OOykP1Eg

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

We got some more dank leaks overnight.

This first image is a group of whitecloaks charging the gate at Falme.

That scene was described by Jon from WoT Up! in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkcHF73PNU

Second we have a really bad image of the banner at Falme (above the gate). You can zoom in on it a bit. It was originally thought to be a Tarabon or Almoth banner but a closer inspection reveals it to be an eagle clutching three lightning bolts or arrows and is now thought to be a Seanchan or Artur Hawkwing banner

Like this:

And thirdly it appears the whitecloaks have received a bit of a makeover in their kit. We knew last year that Isis Mussenden the S1 costume designer would not be returning for S2 for unknown reasons so it seems the whitecloaks have a little bit of a different look:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 15, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They redesign costumes season-over-season if the designer leaves the show?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gotta spend that money on things other than a good script

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I was just thinking that the fridging of Perrin's wife would have made a lot more sense if the show had started with the book prologue. If we had just watched Lews kill his own wife, having Perrin do the same would have made for a plausible red herring in the "who is the Dragon" mystery-box.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Or if needed. The Witcher's costumes, including armor for everyone, were a big improvement with the latest season.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Personally if I were a costume designer I would really demand to put cloaks on the characters that everyone calls whitecloaks.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

coathat posted:

Personally if I were a costume designer I would really demand to put cloaks on the characters that everyone calls whitecloaks.

Looking at this brightened up image they seem to be wearing more armor pieces and less formal wear like Valda's troupe in S1

and some big rear end cloaks :laugh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The leaks are coming in hot and fast now, we got a waygate in Morocco.

Cue up Liandrin and the supergirls

From somebodies IG story obviously, I don't know who yet.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That new whitecloak looks a lot more like I always imagined.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That new whitecloak looks a lot more like I always imagined.

I like how they look in the cavalry charge a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

I like how they look in the cavalry charge a lot

I just noticed they don’t have any lances :psyduck:

I see a few shields but no lances. I wonder if thats an insurance/training thing.

I’ve been following the adventures of a guy working on the drone unit there on IG and this numb nuts twisted his ankle just walking around.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 15, 2022