Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I loved the Microprose sim M1A1 Tank Platoon as a kid, it had a 200+ page manual that my second grade rear end read cover to cover even though 95% of it was irrelevant technical details of Soviet tanks and military doctrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
microprose had awesome manuals

https://thecompany.pl/manual/461_nighthawk_f-117a_stealth_fighter-manual.pdf

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

sick

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I spent a lot of time reading the official players guides for Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and SMRPG.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poor targets: ships

note: actually really good against ships

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Larry Parrish posted:

retarded bomb strength

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RON HOWARD: Actually, Rita's bombs were very effective against the Seaward, and that should have been Michael's first clue.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bicyclops posted:

RON HOWARD: Actually, Rita's bombs were very effective against the Seaward, and that should have been Michael's first clue.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually I did make it through alive.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://twitter.com/vgartandtidbits/status/1196459468936163328

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I think I had that one, and a TMNT one, 30 years ago. Even as a tiny child, Tiger handhelds were not particularly fun.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

I think I had that one, and a TMNT one, 30 years ago. Even as a tiny child, Tiger handhelds were not particularly fun.

I remember the dentist’s office had a basket full of them, which was the right way to play as each was good for maybe five minutes of novelty.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I remember I had Simon’s Quest, TMNT, and the one based on the Police Academy cartoon

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I remember Disney Dinosaurs and maybe a Double Dragon one

I played the poo poo out of the Dinosaurs one until I got a Gameboy iirc

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I remember one day in school having this game in my fanny pack and being so mad because I also carried a little bottle of Johnsons baby powder in there and it exploded one day and all the powder got behind the screen and completely hosed it up. I think I was pissed for a month straight

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

my fanny pack and being so mad because I also carried a little bottle of Johnsons baby powder in there

:dogwhistle:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I remember one day in school having this game in my fanny pack and being so mad because I also carried a little bottle of Johnsons baby powder in there and it exploded one day and all the powder got behind the screen and completely hosed it up. I think I was pissed for a month straight

i wish i was this cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tiger Ninja has just been packed no matter what baby powder you’re on!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

copy
Jul 26, 2007

the important thing is that i had baby powder in my fanny pack, as was the style at the time

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/vgartandtidbits/status/882654514138017794

I remember a few years ago some folk were trying to research if Konami really did send a lucky kid on a trip to 1991 Romania right after they had experienced a violent revolution overthrowing their dictator.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what kind of idiot moron would turn down a dracula VHS or castlevania 3 to go to Transylvania smh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy
Jul 26, 2007

neogeo hotdog lookin gbadass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what kind of psycho calls th pc engine/turbografx the NEC

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the same kind of psycho that could afford to buy a neogeo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theyre still too expensive 30 years later but i want one so bad

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

theyre still too expensive 30 years later but i want one so bad

a friend of mine told me to come over to his house b/c he'd just scored a neogeo and when i arrived he showed me a rubbermade with the guts of an arcade cab inside and a bunch of wires sticking out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

copy posted:

neogeo hotdog lookin gbadass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now posted:

a friend of mine told me to come over to his house b/c he'd just scored a neogeo and when i arrived he showed me a rubbermade with the guts of an arcade cab inside and a bunch of wires sticking out.

lol. he must have been the Sega kid