Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

The last couple times we did a theme rather than a specific kit. We could do that again, if someone has a good idea for a theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How about "Build a Gundam"? People who have never done a Gunpla before can just grab a kit from Target, experienced builders can do crazy custom jobs, whatever. As long as it's a Gundam

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ElMaligno posted:

Any hot tips or recommendations for an airbrush kit and other related stuff suitable for a beginner?

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Runner-Compressor-TC-326T/dp/B07ZQM6R83/

Pair that with a dual action gravity feed airbrush like this and go hog wild.

Airbrushes can get expensive, but don't be fooled, even with a cheap one to start out with you can get great results.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It'll be louder, of course, but I just picked up a $50 3 gallon compressor from harbor freight's spring sale. I'll let y'all know how that goes once I clear space and try it out. I figured I might as well go that route since adding a tank to my tankless wouldn't be cheaper.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

How about "Build a Gundam"? People who have never done a Gunpla before can just grab a kit from Target, experienced builders can do crazy custom jobs, whatever. As long as it's a Gundam

I'd love to do a 30MM group build with all the newer customizable part sets and kits

I say, waiting for the new 30MM kit to release on the 9th so I can put together a shipment from HLJ and make them stop nagging me about my Private Warehouse... :ohdear:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really want that 30mm Dom lookalike.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd love to do a 30MM group build with all the newer customizable part sets and kits

I say, waiting for the new 30MM kit to release on the 9th so I can put together a shipment from HLJ and make them stop nagging me about my Private Warehouse... :ohdear:

Best get on that myself, though preorders and HLJ misrepresenting stock levels my warehouse is a mess. Hopefully can get the RG GGG in time to ship.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'd be down for a 30M kit

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Just finished my first painted kit in two years. The pandemic sure killed my creative output.
I think the paint job turned out fine but a lot of the panel lines got lost through all the paint and clear coat layers; I should remember to scribe them out deeper on the next kit. I bought a small light box for photos but Gundam kits are much too big for it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Puddin posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Runner-Compressor-TC-326T/dp/B07ZQM6R83/

Pair that with a dual action gravity feed airbrush like this and go hog wild.

Airbrushes can get expensive, but don't be fooled, even with a cheap one to start out with you can get great results.

Thank you

SpikeMcclane posted:

It'll be louder, of course, but I just picked up a $50 3 gallon compressor from harbor freight's spring sale. I'll let y'all know how that goes once I clear space and try it out. I figured I might as well go that route since adding a tank to my tankless wouldn't be cheaper.

No thanks, i wanna stay married.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I knew Gundam Evolution was an Overwatch clone, but it hadn't occurred to me that that meant skins. We're gonna get so many P-Bandai color variants

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I knew Gundam Evolution was an Overwatch clone, but it hadn't occurred to me that that meant skins. We're gonna get so many P-Bandai color variants

I've definitely made that Barbatos before by pallet swapping a Titans color theme in Gundam Breaker Mobile. Camo Sazabi is messing with my head though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

Best get on that myself, though preorders and HLJ misrepresenting stock levels my warehouse is a mess. Hopefully can get the RG GGG in time to ship.

Get on it faster if you want one, because the Rever Nova is now released!

And already backordered on HLJ! :v:

(I just got the payment notification in my inbox for my preorder)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm glad I was able to find a Mass Produced Sub Machine at a comic shop yesterday

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Warmachine posted:

Camo Sazabi is messing with my head though.

*Kondo intensifies*

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Camo Sazabi is messing with my head though.

lol the camo pattern seems to be scaled based on what it's applied to. it's very crowded and small on the GM thing's gun and then it's huge and spread out on the Sazabi's shield. hope you can play with the scaling on patterns

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I didn't see this get posted for April Fools.

https://newtype.us/p/wTUkaaVujuFHSBVk2kbw/h/mg-sp-00-n

edit: semi-serious suggestion for the group build--you must incorporate plastic cutlery

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 9, 2022

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DEADANDBURIED5/status/1511953010796072961

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just pre-ordered the Great Zeorymer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who wants to see something you'll love and despise simultaneously?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The only thing I despise is that it's not full length :colbert:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This is perfection.

Cthulu Carl posted:

:haibrow:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I object on the basis that Char would absolutely tell a lie and hurt you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

chiasaur11 posted:

I object on the basis that Char would absolutely tell a lie and hurt you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtNsgqAA3E&t=12s

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Goddamit, that's awesome. :monocle:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 16, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
In the Toy Story cinematic universe, at what percentage of completion does a Gunpla become magically alive? Or, is it fully aware once all the runners are placed in the same box and it exists in some kind of body horror hell state?

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 15, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Marsupial Ape posted:

In the Toys cinematic universe, at what percentage of completion does a Gunpla become magically alive? Or, is it fully aware once all the runners are placed in the same box and it exists in some kind of body horror hell state?

When you put the head on

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
On that note, would all the Gunpla have their own personalities, or do they just take the persona of their respective pilot?

Edit: and what happens if you do a kitbash?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Is weathering your gunpla tantamount to the torture Sid inflicted on toys?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This sounds more like Toy Story. Toys would have Robin Williams making a music video somewhere in front of a security camera.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

When you put the head on

But the instructions always have you do the head first...

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Midjack posted:

This sounds more like Toy Story. Toys would have Robin Williams making a music video somewhere in front of a security camera.

Fixed it. Thanks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

On that note, would all the Gunpla have their own personalities, or do they just take the persona of their respective pilot?

I figure that the Master Grades have it be the pilot figures who are alive. For kits with no pilots, I figure it's a mix depending on the show. Barbatos is probably a feral beast, while Master Gundam is basically just Master Asia.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I'm sorry, guys. The correct answer is "Gunpla are not toys, they are scale models, Mom."

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Hey a lamp was alive too, so all bets are off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A spork became sentient once designated a toy, so if you call them scale models, they will never know life.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

A spork became sentient once designated a toy, so if you call them scale models, they will never know life.

Oh, god, imagine a Gunpla that becomes alive just as the little cousin that has snuck into your room to destroy it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TaurusOxford posted:

It works like SD Gundam, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
Does this mean that Gunpla sold at a toy store are in constant pain with all of their body parts and limbs being suspended in plastic? Or would it be justba state of pure unfeeling and void until they're put together?

Gripweed posted:

I'm glad I was able to find a Mass Produced Sub Machine at a comic shop yesterday

Mine just came in a day or two ago - really quick and satisying little guy just like the rest of the 30MM. Like a cute Metal Gear. Dunno what do do with him or how to paint him but I'm sure I'll get some ideas when I get more models.