Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
oh yeah, i noticed the top panels seem to be held in place with a single technic peg and hope. nice for removing em, sort if rough for alignment

the acrylic stands are an option. i tried pricing out the technic stand on rebrickable and it seems like the only options were an 80% complete parts list for $30 or the whole caboodle for like 4 times that--there don't seem to be any individually expensive parts, so i'm a little confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

How is Lego so bad at running a web store? I preordered the succulents and then they sent me a separate email saying they were out of stock and they were very sorry about that and they would be shipping on March 28.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

the acrylic stands are an option. i tried pricing out the technic stand on rebrickable and it seems like the only options were an 80% complete parts list for $30 or the whole caboodle for like 4 times that--there don't seem to be any individually expensive parts, so i'm a little confused

I've learned, at least with Bricklink, that you really have to be choosey about who you buy from and split your order up into picks from multiple shops. Bricklink, Rebrickable, and BrickOwl all have a handful of shops that have HUGE catalogues of items but at extremely marked up prices. So you'll price out a wishlist and the first three results will come back at insane prices, and then the fourth and fifth result will be $20 and $30 for 100% completion and you can get everything you need in multiple shipments. The whole thing is designed to take advantage of the 'Auto Select For Me' feature on all those websites, but they're hella busted... add the items to your own Wishlist on somewhere like Bricklink and price it out like that, you'll save a ton of money that way.

Edit: Just for laughs, I priced out my current build with the 'buy it all from one store who has every piece' option, and the 'buy it from multiple people' option. The differences are... exactly what I expected.

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 17, 2022

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Or you can settle for third-party bricks that are just sold as a set in the case of popular mocs like the efferman UCS falcon mount. I think it was like $30 on yourwobb.com and sure they aren't official Lego but you never see them anyway. I don't know if that's one of those unscrupulous sites that doesn't pay the creator for their creation, but buying all the parts in bricklink doesn't give them any money either.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Yourwobb will always hold a dear place in my heart as the purveyor of the Disney princess death star.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

First couple of these Chinese cyberpunk sets.

Need to get some guns to fit the theme I suppose.

The lighting changes colors. You twist down the glowing brick and it starts up.

They come with an assortment of hands you can swap out.

Fewer greeblie bits on this one.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007

Prophet of Nixon posted:

That's awesome! Did the build go smoothly? I haven't built any of those mini-modulars IRL yet (though I will probably next year). Any chance you could post some pics of it completed here or on Rebrickable?

https://rebrickable.com/media/users/photos/522571/124856_NizP9hj.jpg
https://rebrickable.com/media/users/photos/522571/124856_NizP9hj.jpg

Everything went great! I think its well designed as well. It was my first project trying to source specific parts on BL, so that was a little bit of a learning experience. A couple times i thought that i had all the pieces accounted for, and id get them in and be missing something. Overall very enjoyable. I really love the idea of building minis of the modulars (AS, garage, bookshop, hotel) that i have, but that isnt a good financial decision rn, unfortunately.

Torbo fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 18, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I almost pre-ordered the orchid but then I saw it. How they did it: PURPLE FROGS gently caress
Meanwhile in bonsai land I have some sample leaves but the main takeaway is I have removed 100 amphibians from the 101 amphibian set.
Four leaf options, all flowers, all twists, all flowers but a twist on the base (because I didn't like the brown showing through), and all twists but a flower on the base

In the end I went all flowers and I thing it's cute and I won't have to worry about the Humane Society

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HootTheOwl posted:

I almost pre-ordered the orchid but then I saw it. How they did it: PURPLE FROGS gently caress

Truly frogs are the most versatile Lego piece

The orchid also uses the Demogorgon head mold from the Stranger Things set

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Bearded Gentleman Coffee

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Huh. I knew dark red from the 2010s was brittle but not THIS brittle

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Now THAT's clutch

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Some clip's been doing their Kegels

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Putting together 1989 Batwing and just realized it comes with boom box mustache guy which owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Putting together 1989 Batwing and just realized it comes with boom box mustache guy which owns.

How would you rate the build vs the batmobile?

I really want the batwing and the 89 batmobile is one of my favorite sets, but I have absolutely no where to put it and I don't think it looks good hung on a wall.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I think it’s about on par to the 1989 Batmobile, it’s extremely similar. Maybe different scale (seat‘s the same size though) but fun details and a very solid build. It does take up some space though, yeah and is much more difficult to place unless you got very deep cupboards/display cases.

I think wall mounting would be cool, however if you don’t watch out at like the first step you can’t mount it the right way up, ask me how I know. :v:

It gets dusty quick and it shows more on black Lego, so if that’s a problem for you and you have no enclosure it’s probably not the set for you. Maybe under a coffee table Millennium Falcon style but the vanilla stand puts it at a slight angle, so be prepared to fix that.

E: speaking of which, does anyone know what’s up with the pink hearts? There’s two in the batwing and one in the Adam West mask and i haven’t encountered them anywhere else.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Awesome just got mine today in the mail, birthday present from the wife. Just been to hung over to start it haha. gonna go good above my Batman shelf.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zwille posted:

Wild guess it’s this https://www.stonewars.de/angebote/jb-spielwaren-lego-71033-muppets-vorbestellen/ preorder, but which looks pretty great but no way am I gonna spend 122€ on potential triplicates :v:

Yeah, that‘s it, then again it‘s also not only for me, but for two friends. I don‘t really need the whole collection, and they do neither, so we‘ll just see if we are lucky and everyone gets enough cool figs. Will be a nasty battle for Waldorf and Statler of course.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah that's obviously a great constellation, wish I had friends like that. While I like the whole blind bag aspect it's kind of annoying how often some figures turn up. The shipwrecked dude was cool though, didn't mind getting 4 of him, but the ice fighter with dog is kinda meh in the current series. I wanted the wheelchair athlete and the chili godammit

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

RatHat posted:

Supposedly an upcoming GWP, looks incredible. For that many pieces I'll probably require a pretty big purchase though

Looks like it's this winner getting made: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/3a0cb2a7-395f-400c-8e0b-c3428041a8fe

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

I really want the batwing and the 89 batmobile is one of my favorite sets, but I have absolutely no where to put it and I don't think it looks good hung on a wall.

The build is not as cool as the Batmobile although I do enjoy the way the wingtips come together. The finished product looks great, but its stand is dumb. For space reasons I hung it on the wall next to the Batmobile and it looks great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
3-in-1 Viking Ship has spotted. Brickbuilt sails look great, ship looks a bit smaller than I expected. I don't think it'll quite have the success of the previous two big things but it's still pretty cool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

3-in-1 Viking Ship has spotted. Brickbuilt sails look great, ship looks a bit smaller than I expected. I don't think it'll quite have the success of the previous two big things but it's still pretty cool.

The serpent is pretty rad too

Other builds look like a hut and a large wolf(Fenrir?)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
woah, some cool lego sets at good prices in SA mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3999932

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Those are great prices , too bad none of them are what my kid is into

I did get him a big minifig and I absolutely hate the way it looks. He's enjoying it but it can't attach to the myriad of studs or hold implements like normal minifigs , seems way less fun

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh nice, a Valheim set finally

Actually that boat looks better than the Valheim boat.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego version takes less damage bumping the shore too.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a good site/service/software that can help me track which sets I own and which parts and Minifigs I own? I started a spreadsheet but after the twelfth row is starting to look annoying.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Gyshall posted:

Is there a good site/service/software that can help me track which sets I own and which parts and Minifigs I own? I started a spreadsheet but after the twelfth row is starting to look annoying.

This site allows you to create a profile and track sets and minifigs you own.
https://brickset.com/mycollection

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oh nice! Thanks for the quick response

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I really don't like the brick sails, but I have to have this. Vikings!!!

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.

Grand Fromage posted:

First couple of these Chinese cyberpunk sets.

Where did you buy these? They're cool as hell, and exactly the sort of thing I want, even if it isn't actual lego.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Metoron posted:

Where did you buy these? They're cool as hell, and exactly the sort of thing I want, even if it isn't actual lego.

This is probably the best place to get them:
https://www.yourwobb.com/products/bc-ks001-ks004-cyber-street-corner?variant=41300547338396

My favourite alt-bricks reviewer Brickmeupscottie took a look at them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkhT366r0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQdW069BYYE

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
International posters might like to know that Lego Masters Australia is back.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

I think the 89 batmobile is one of the goats so not sure it'll compare that favorably with that but I'm liking it so far.

It is considerably bigger than I expected, not really sure why but I expected it to be about 30% or so smaller than it is.

I'm about halfway through the build which means so far I've made a large incredibly solid bat shaped frisbee. There's virtually zero air inside the structure, all the technic frames are filled in with 2x4 and 2x6 bricks.

I agree about the wall hanging, for some reason I just don't really care for it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

International posters might like to know that Lego Masters Australia is back.

Woo! (I'm American but the Australian one is clearly the superior Lego Masters)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I think the 89 batmobile is one of the goats so not sure it'll compare that favorably with that but I'm liking it so far.

It is considerably bigger than I expected, not really sure why but I expected it to be about 30% or so smaller than it is.

I'm about halfway through the build which means so far I've made a large incredibly solid bat shaped frisbee. There's virtually zero air inside the structure, all the technic frames are filled in with 2x4 and 2x6 bricks.

I agree about the wall hanging, for some reason I just don't really care for it.

Yeah I got to bag 9 last night and man putting the edges of the wings on was just sex haha. They nailed that fit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

a sexual elk posted:

putting the edges of the wings on was just sex haha.

Man that 18+ rating is no joke huh?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
You guys like Risk of Rain 2? I got it a couple weeks and I have a billion hours in it already. This game is digital crack. Anyway,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

You guys like Risk of Rain 2? I got it a couple weeks and I have a billion hours in it already. This game is digital crack. Anyway,

Love the grass here
and the step