Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I thought the cats were poo poo when I first unlocked Giovanna, until I actually tried getting them to 8 on the right build and lol it did more total damage than vespers and scythes combined. Also vespers is hilarious with her minmaxing speed and amount, I'd sit in a catfight cloud and be completely safe, right up to 30m lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

nightwisher posted:

I thought the cats were poo poo when I first unlocked Giovanna, until I actually tried getting them to 8 on the right build and lol it did more total damage than vespers and scythes combined. Also vespers is hilarious with her minmaxing speed and amount, I'd sit in a catfight cloud and be completely safe, right up to 30m lmao

yeah the cats are similar to santa water/la borra. At early levels they're inconsistent and small, but maxxed out with relevant upgrades they're constant massive deathfields.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Awake Arcana (+3 Revives, +10% Max HP +1 Armor +5% Might/Area/Duration/Speed per Revive consumed) is super busted, it feels.

You get 3 from the Arcana, 2 from Tiragisu, and 1 from Powerups. That's 60% Max HP 6 Armor 30% Might/Area/Duration/Speed, up'd to 80%/8/40% if you take Krochi.

Plus, if you consume all the revives from Tiragisu, it just vanishes from your item slots, so you can get another accessory to take its place.

Best on characters with CDR or Projectile Number buffs since those are the only 2 things that the Arcana doesn't give you.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
They're all super busted except maybe the cooldown one (I don't get how it works). Which is fine because hyper + fast + full curse powerup is balls hard without them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like Slash just for the tremendous boost to early damage it gives while making a number of items scale better.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Projectile speed can be kind of a trap with infinite-lifespan weapons (upgraded axe and fire in particular) since they outrun you and you can no longer follow them for a free cleared path. Real nice for things that have a fixed lifespan and get to cover more area like bone, runetracer, or cats though.

For arcana, Healing/Slash/Revive is a great combo too. Healing plus the carryover regen upgrade is slotless early game garlic to get you your first couple levels, then later on it lets you draintank trash waves with whip or grind into clumps horizontally; Slash scales not only that whip but also axe giving you path-carving waveclear; and Revive can either be burned for its own buffs or give you a huge stack of Tiragisu to scale guns which turn into pretty much a higher-dps bible in terms of providing omnidirectional knockback safety. Fill in song for +curse and clearing clumps vertically and you've pretty much got a "I can walk at bosses" build with two weapon and two-three item slots free for utility picks like ring/duplicator, cross/luck, or water/magnet.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 16, 2022

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

soul eater is really busted with the healing arcana and if you really lean into it. i was straight up running into bosses so i could take damage and power up soul eater further and by the end of it i was running full speed blending enemies with the damage

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I found a Newgame+ mod on nexus forums. Arcana no longer feel so busted lol, it's crazy. Doubled time limit, tougher enemies, way more levels for weapons/passives, good stuff.

edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/vampiresurvivors/mods/3?tab=description Mod here if anyone wants to try it. tl;dr harder enemies, 60min time limit, more waves and faster spawning, rebalanced weapons and extra upgrade levels added (duplicator has 3 ranks!).

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 18, 2022

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Just figured out I can press escape to make the treasure chest animation go faster.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Breadallelogram posted:

Just figured out I can press escape to make the treasure chest animation go faster.

I use a controller and just mash A and X.

It's so irritating. Especially when you're late game and it's just money bag money bag money bag.

I like money, but heck, that stupid song is interrupting my podcast.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Man, taking the gun or the bird and not getting the pair after 50+ levels, rerolls and banishments. Ugh, give me the pair!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm behind 5 proxies, do your worst.

Also, give me all the revives.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

This mod is fun. I should try it at full curse and on a harder map though. Also the slowdown becomes ridiculous at 50+ minutes, you have to keep opening and closing the esc menu to get the frame rate to remain in the double digits.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Breadallelogram posted:

Does it work on the 5 item chests now?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sekhmnet posted:

Doubtful.

That thing just goes on and on.

Nearly sandwich making time.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Sekhmnet posted:

Just tried it and it does not.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

However, the full animation is a lot more tolerable when you only see it for the 5-item chests.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Breadallelogram posted:

Just tried it and it does not.

You can also right click, probably easier than spamming esc!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wow apparently you can get Tiragisu, lose it, and then get it back.

Granted, it's really luck-dependent but wow, that's pretty amazing with the Revive Arcana.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

just got the last steam achievement... can't wait for the game to update again

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Breadallelogram posted:

just got the last steam achievement... can't wait for the game to update again

Same, I think this is the first game on Steam where I've gotten every achievement even if this is still in Early Access. Why the hell have I put almost 25 hours into this pseudo-idle game, and why do I want to put in 25 more lol

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I got the game

this was my third run

game good

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

C-Euro posted:

Same, I think this is the first game on Steam where I've gotten every achievement even if this is still in Early Access. Why the hell have I put almost 25 hours into this pseudo-idle game, and why do I want to put in 25 more lol

I spent $3 on this dumb game and I have 37 hours in

When you have a run of death lasers + gay rainbow death birds + death water + murder cats, it's so much fun

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So I just encountered a Green Reaper and I'm really not sure what the deal with this guy is.

He doesn't seem to take damage, doesn't go away, and killed me almost the second I said "maybe let him touch me and see what happens".

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Jack B Nimble posted:

So I just encountered a Green Reaper and I'm really not sure what the deal with this guy is.

He doesn't seem to take damage, doesn't go away, and killed me almost the second I said "maybe let him touch me and see what happens".

Try a mine cart.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tricky posted:

Try a mine cart.

:argh: I was right next to one, too!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tricky posted:

Try a mine cart.

A rosary will also work.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Jack B Nimble posted:

That's a special event for the Dairy Plant called the Stalker. He has a chance of spawning at the start of a run, at the 8 minute mark, and the 12 minute mark. You CAN run away from it and it'll go away after a few minutes, but like others said, you can use instant kill effects like the carts, rosaries, or the pentagram/Gorgeous Moon on him as well.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

bone zone

bone zone

bone zone

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I hit some kind of bone/revive overflow

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Splicer posted:

I hit some kind of bone/revive overflow

Mazerunner posted:

bone zone

bone zone

bone zone

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The knives just keep winning with these arcana lol

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Decided, serendipitously, to try the character with Mana Song the same time I tried the vertically oriented tower map. Even knowing that, it's going to be very hard for me to forget how powerful it was.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

New map definitely earns the right to be called a challenge, that's the first time I've really struggled in a run in a long time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

serefin99 posted:

New map definitely earns the right to be called a challenge, that's the first time I've really struggled in a run in a long time.

Wait is there a new update?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ImpAtom posted:

Wait is there a new update?

Just a beta

(Windows only) Public beta updated to v0.5.102

Contains 6 new achievements to unlock:
- New challenge stage
- New character
- New weapon
- 1 more rank for Skip powerup
- 1 more rank for Reroll powerup
- 2 new Arcanas

Tweaks:
- Added a toggle in Stage Selection to disable Arcanas. Disabling them also disables the extra minibosses at 11:00 and 21:00
- Added the option to pick a random first Arcana
- Reduced long term gains of Gatti's attack power when stealing chicken
- Halved projectile explosion damage from Arcana XIX - Heart Of Fire
- Reduced cost of: Reroll, Skip, Banish

- Tentative fix to chicken/coinbag choice presenting itself when there are still items that can be leveled up
- Added an extra backup system for save data in %appdata%/Vampire_Survivors/saves/backups. These backups will not sync with Steam Cloud

- Bugfix: Phieraggi not affected by Arcana V - Chaos in the Dark Night
- Bugfix: Pause screen occasionally overlapping other screens when using a controller

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Jusupov posted:

- Halved projectile explosion damage from Arcana XIX - Heart Of Fire

drat it...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Bone Zone is no joke, I had a couple failed runs before taking in Pugnola with the revive arcana. Used up all the revives, but I overcame the waves of skeletons with raw might from gaining levels.

You don't realize how much you rely on floor chicken until you don't have it!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

don't worry, HoF Hellfire is still clearing whichever wedge of the screen it fires on -- it just doesn't have quite as much number on the endgame dps report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
the nerf is because of the new arcanas making it even stronger than before